OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enhance the SEARCH options to include OPERATORS such as AND, OR, BEGINS, CONTAINS, NEAR, etc.

Need the ability to use OPERATORS to help search. For example:

SEARCH: golf AND tennis
    SEARCH: golf OR tennis
    SEARCH: (golf AND tennis) OR swimming
    SEARCH: BEGINS smith (finds smith, smithfield, smithers, etd)
    SEARCH: CONTAINS oil (finds oilcloth, uncoiled, tinfoils, panbroil, etc)
    SEARCH: aword NEAR/3 bword (finds all occurances where "aword" is within 5 words of "bwork"

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add emoticon shortcut to QAT

How can i add an emoticon shortcut to that Quick Access Toolbar?? Any idea? Please add that so we can have a one click solution. Thanks

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need "From" button populated when creating the meeting invite in Outlook to send it as a different address

How to I get the "From" button populated in the meeting invite? I have multiple email accounts set up and I am able to select which email account I want to send from as an email, but not in "from" field in the meeting invite.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Outlook calendar event reminders sent via text message to cell phone.

On an older version of Outlook at work, I was able to set up so reminder texts on calendar items were sent to a text number that I provide, my cell phone. The same reminder that shows on the desk top is also texted to my cell phone number witch I had set up somewhere in settings for Outlook. It does not appear to be an available option at this timer.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to specify their pronouns.

Add an official way for users to specify their preferred pronouns - he/him, they/them, etc. Ideally this would be easily changeable, and not require people picking options from a list.

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Automatically decline invites without automatically accepting invites

Automatically decline invites which are in conflict with another meeting without automatically accepting invites

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Busy" color in Scheduling Assistant

In the recent version of Outlook which has the "Simplified Ribbon", it appears that the color of the bar representing "Busy" in the calendar Scheduling Assistant screen has been changed. Busy used to be bright blue, whereas Out of Office was a darker color. Now, with the new changes, as a colorblind person I can no longer tell these two apart. They both look like the same exact color. Now I cannot easily tell when someone is busy vs out of office. Please revert the "busy" color back to a lighter color.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Send Read Receipt - blind

Have the option for the email sender to see when the message is read, but do not give the recipient an option to not have the receipt sent.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Format Reading Pane

I work on a laptop, and there isn't much screen space left at the bottom for the reading pane.
    Instead much of the space is taken up by the subject, emails addresses, cc addresses etc

Can we option to turn off the display of this header information ?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Task into a folder from the task creation window

In order to save time it is necessary to be able to put a newly created task into a specific task folder on creation.
    So when you're creating a new task you should be able to browse through available folders or create a new folder right from the task creation window. (should work similar to the category setting for a task)

Currently you have to create a task (e.g. by flagging an email message) and then you need to go to tasks and distribute newly created task into a specific folder which is not convenient and consumes additional time.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Edit Font in Quick Steps

It would be useful to be able to change the default font in quick steps or have it set to a users default font for Outlook.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Exporting appointments from Excel to Outlook Calendar with required attendees.

Not able to import " required attendees" in appointments from Excel to Outlook Calendar (via a CSV file) Everything works well except required attendees. When I put in attendee's emails they are not loaded into the Outlook Calendar. I want to have attendees listed in each appointmentas well as having outlook send the appointment request to the required attendee, though I am not sure the appointment request is a possibility and would save me time!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable the ability to export the create dates on contacts

Need to be able to see the dates Outlook contacts were created or last modified in exported file

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Show the weekday in meeting invitations

When receiving a meeting invite, the time, date, month and year is shown. But the weekday is not. And there doesn't seem to be a way to easily see this (hovering over the date, or changing a view setting) without opening a calendar. It would be good for the meeting invite to show which day of the week the invite is for, or allow you to 'hover' over the date to show the day.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Accepting a meeting invitation with only one click

When I receive a meeting invitation I’d like to accept this with just one click.
    At the moment I can click on accept – but then I have to choose further between 3 options how I want to send the answer for the acceptance
    (in German:
    - Antwort vor dem Senden bearbeiten
    - Antwort jetzt senden
    - Keine Antwort senden

So this means 2 clicks.
    would be nice if a default answer type in the Option could be set.
    Thank you & BR
    Jennifer

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. At least a second dot for current time

In the calendar, I like the line going to the time and the large dot, but I keep looking at the previous day's meeting. Better would be a second large dot so that the current time/meeting is framed (maybe with an alpha blended line between them)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Readd Folder Name after Search Box Location Changed

After the search update (when the search went to the line above the ribbon) the folder name for the folder / mailbox that is selected is gone. Please readd this option as now there is no way to quickly know in what folder/mailbox I'm at the moment... and when you're using multiple mailboxes this option is/was a life saver

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Automated email reminder sent to attendees for Outlook Calendar appointments.

Automated email reminder sent to attendees for Outlook Calendar appointments to ensure that the recipients remember that they have an appointment coming up within a certain time frame. 24-48 hours before designated time.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide meeting-finder feature for a bunch of availability request (aka doodle-feature ;)

Please implement a feature to send participants a choice of different appointment availability time frames. So far external tools like Doodle are needed. Why not implement directly a smart solution into Outlook?

Offer the requesting user, to choose different dates and times, to add them up into one request to participants. (similiar to your series function already, just to choose a bunch of flexibel dates instead of just serial behavior)

the participants then should get all requested dates into their calendars (shown like non answered- dates yet) - when opening the request (no matter which of the single ones), offer…

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Automatically Sync Outlook Address Book with Windows 10 People App.

Any contact entry added to the Windows 10 People app should be automatically sync with an Outlook 365 address book and vice versa.

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base