OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Upload attachments to Teams' channel folder

It would be great nice if I could upload attachments to Teams' channel folder. Currently, only folder I can upload is root folder of document library but it is not root folder of Teams. I have to do several more steps to save appropriate folder.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Categories (and colors) do not work in Outlook 2016 with IMAP email settings

Categories (and colors) do not work in Outlook 2016 with IMAP email settings

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide Calendar categories in Outlook App on Android

I need on my Smartphone the same Categories like on desktop computer. The Categories should be synchronized on the Smartphone as well.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide an option to schedule Out of Office replies for multiple holidays / events in advance

Currently I can only schedule my out of office for one occasion. Allow an option to pre-schedule multiple occasions. For example On July 3rd, when I set it up for 4th of July, allow me to schedule it for the Labor Day, Columbus Day, Thanks Giving, Christmas, etc. That way I can set them up when I am not very busy. Also, provide an option to activate / deactivate them. We have 10 or so holidays, so allow a few more and provide 15+ schedule alternatives. Note: I think the common holidays should be default for everybody.

271 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow changing of IMAP email address

Before updating Outlook, was I able to easily change the email address for an IMAP account. With the latest update, the ability to change the email address on the account was removed and replaced with a static label. Please bring back the ability to change the email address, I use it frequently!

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reduce size of message preview pane header in Outlook 2016

Reduce size of message preview pane header in Outlook 2016
    I shrink it back down to the size it was in Office 2010.
    remove the "Reply, Reply All, Forward, IM" buttons at the top of the header?
    Reduce the size of the font for the "From" field? (And hopefully the size of the spacing around it.)
    Change the font color to black? The greyish faded color in 2016 is hard read.
    It's just taking away useful space for the preview and replacing it with visual clutter.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In the To-Do List in Tasks I used to be able to group by “Due Date” and then “Reminder Time” but if I do that now the result give nothing.

In the To-Do List in Tasks I used to be able to group by “Due Date” and then “Reminder Time” but if I do that now the result give nothing. It feels like there is a bug in the system. I think it became a problem with the software that was released 1st February 2019.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. One Click Macro for Contact Search in Outlook 2016

I would like a macro on my desktop that I could click and it would open my contacts for a quick name search. I had this years ago but MS changed outlook so it no longer worked.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I used to be able to send an email from outlook to a new page in onenote. Apparently, this feature is now gone. Please restore.

I used to be able to send an email from outlook to a new page in onenote. Apparently, this feature is now gone with office365outlook. Please restore.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. I would like the ability to add a group of emails addresses from an email as a group in contacts.

I would like the ability to add a group of emails addresses from an email as a group in contacts. This feature would allow us to highight the emails in the To Group and select an option to create as a group in the Contact list.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to Opt Out from the Unnecessary emails.

Everyday we get multiple emails within projects in which are looped in for some suggestion or input. But at a point of time the same email topic goes beyond your technical / functional boundaries and we are still part of that email chain.

There should be some mechanism to Opt out of the continues mail chains where we feel that email is no more required for us.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Need ability to add a date reminder to a received email.

Allow to add a reminder to an email!

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide a feature or tool to sync and keep synced contacts from Google, Apple etc. in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature or tool to sync and keep synced contacts from Google, Apple etc. in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than using different methods to import and sync contacts. Provision of single tool that handles the Contacts Management across all the Email Service Providers would be an added benefit. As everyone today uses Google, Apple or Microsoft, or more likely a combination of these service providers, it is very common to have multiple devices and multiple contacts. A techie at office 365 helped me transfer my Google contacts into Outlook 365 but apparently I have to keep updating manually. Please…

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Include option to answer with our theme and background in Outlook

I think MS should include a predefined option to answer messages or emails with our predefined theme, background, font, ... always when we use "answer" or reply option. Becouse sometimes it is annoying to reply to an email which was sended with user defined background images or font, and when you reply to that message it takes the same background, font, ....
    It should be under "Options" and allow user to use our own predefined theme, background, font always when replying to an email.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Couleurs pour les dossiers Outlook

couleurs différentes pour faciliter l'identification (comme les tabs dans excel)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide an option to "send to added and deleted attendees only" when adding people to existing calendar event in Outlook 2016

Previously when you added people to an existing event before the event update was sent out it would ask if you wanted to send it only to the people added or deleted from the event and that feature is now gone in Outlook 2016

86 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Highlighter and marking pens in email that allow you to write over the top of a clipping from snipping tool.

Highlighter and marking pens in email that allow you to write over the top of a clipping from snipping tool. can free-hand draw and use different colors in different areas of an email.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please bring back the trashcans (delete) back into a solid red X! It was so much easier to discern.

In the 'Deleted' folder, turn one of the trashcan back to a solid red 'X'.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Be able to put a note on a specific mail

In the follow up a possibility to put a note, reminder or a result of a conversation

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base