OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Ability to insert Check boxes within a Task in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Currently, we can only insert bullets into Tasks. It would be helpful to be able to create checklists. Linking to OneNote is an immediate work-around.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow a link to your scanner when adding an attachment

allow a link to your scanner when adding an attachment so a document can be scanned and attached directly to a new email.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide Calendar categories in Outlook App on Android

I need on my Smartphone the same Categories like on desktop computer. The Categories should be synchronized on the Smartphone as well.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add ability to search all email for a contact under "Activities" as in Outlook 365

Other Outlook versions provide ability to search all email exchanges with a contact in Contacts by selecting "Activities" search. It very convenient and fast for finding discussions, attachments, etc. Searching through all emails for a subject, contact, word, etc., is ok, but not as business useful. Thanks.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Clip Arts to Outlook 2016

Please add Clip Arts to Outlook 2016

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make categories searchable

I use Outlook, for both mail, calendar and contacts, often the category labels to bring order. However these are not searchable. It's a powerful feature especially if you use it when searching. It would be nice if there is a box where you can search the category * * * * quickly by typing a few letters, especially if you use many categories.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mailtips on all Outlook clients: when a mailtip about external recipient is shown, the external recipients should be highlighted

Mailtips on all Outlook clients: when a mailtip about external recipient is shown, the external recipients should be highlighted in to/cc/bcc fields to make external recipients to stand out.
    This should apply to at least Outlook for Windows and in web client version as well.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow to "Customize the Ribbon" with drag/drop to improve it.

When the "Customize the Ribbon" dialog box is open, I should be able to click and drag on the buttons in the actual ribbon of the normal Outlook button to rearrange the buttons. The current Ribbon Customize interface is not very intuitive and many ribbon sections cannot be customized further. For example the "Respond" section, or "Delete" section have a specific group of buttons. I can change the location of the group, but I cannot add/remove buttons within the group.

Also in the earlier builds of Outlook you can easily customize ribbon from the right-click context menu, and the ability…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide feature to add recurring meetings with manual multiple dates selection

It's very tedious to book the time slots in blocks of six months when the meetings aren't set in any pattern like once every week, monthly etc. I need to create separate calendar entries in such cases. Please provide a feature where I choose multiple dates as per my convenience on calendar and simply add them to a list. Lotus Notes offers a similar feature.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sorting and Coloring

To show that new messages were delivered to the filtered sub folders. Also to be able to color folders in order to distinguish visually.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Be able to put a note on a specific mail

In the follow up a possibility to put a note, reminder or a result of a conversation

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve outlook search result contact card

Some time ago, the contact Information shown were helpfull. Then - whyever - you changed this to an useless sytle - devided into two screens.

If you search for a contact and select the entry, you will see a lot of space and only some informaton.

For the needed Information, you have to click Always on >

Everything from there could and *should* be displayed on page 1.

Generally, it is unclear which Information are shown on page 1. Somtimes phone, sometimes mobile, sometimes both ...

Please let the user customzite the first screen to display more or better all…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. fix the shared calendar button so that calendars can be shared

Office 365 share calendar option only allows permissions changes. Reestablish the ability to actually share a calendar

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Email Recipient Reminder

Like to see a Email Recipient Reminder, something that will pop-up on a person's screen to say, have you attended to this email?
    It needs to be a function that when sending to someone they receive a pop-up message to say, "Would you like us to remind you to action this email?". The sender would have to firstly elect to use this option.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow to create a follow up meeting from an existing meeting. This is a very basic necessity that surprises me it is not available.

After a meeting, there should be an option to simply create a new date and time using the same information from the previou meeting (participants, room, information, etc.)

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The "Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize Button" in Outlook 2016

Office programs allow users to customize keyboard shortcuts in the "Customize the Ribbon" dialog window. Why doesn't Outlook? The "Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize" button is missing.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I'd love to be able to add notes for myself to emails when I file them. Something that would not forward if I reply later.

Something like sticky note that you could attach to an email, but would not forward with the email when you reply. (for user's eyes only).

Would be especially helpful if I could attach relevant files when filing emails (w/o sending a new email) or attach/connect other email chains so I could easily keep all relevant information together.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Notes  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow business cards to be scanned into Outlook Contacts using a smartphone's camera.

Allow business cards to be scanned into Outlook Contacts using a smartphone's camera. If it is possible to use a phone camera to take a shot of a business card, and then for OCR to transfer the contact information into the relevant field's of Outlook's contact cards.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bring back the look and feel of Outlook 2010

Outlook 2016 has lost the great UI that Outlook 2010 had. The current colors, fonts, clarity, shapes, icons, etc. are very hard to see and understand. Folders are widely space, screen real estate is squandered, and work productivity is reduced. I realize that many of the changes are to make outlook more compatible with touch screens and mobile apps. However, most Outlook users use it for WORK. We use a keyboard and mouse. We do not use touch screens, but do need Outlook to be easy on the eyes for 8+ hours per day, fast, and easy to use. We…

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Under 'Contact Attendees' of a meeting, add the option 'Email attendees who did not answer'.

Outlook offers the option to send an email to all attendees of a meeting. It would be great to have the possibility to send an email only to attendees who have declined, or to those who have not yet answered. This would avoid unnecessary reminders to those who have already answered.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base