OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Account password update Button

Pl provide a menu option or a button to update the changed account password

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide Calendar categories in Outlook App on Android

I need on my Smartphone the same Categories like on desktop computer. The Categories should be synchronized on the Smartphone as well.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add voting buttons in meeting request in Outlook 2016.

Add voting buttons in meeting request in Outlook 2016. It is very handy to have a voting button so the meeting organizer can receive responses for the votes along with accept/decline!

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Replace "Reply, Reply All, Forward" or the "Discard, Pop out" buttons back to to left.

They are now on the upper right hand corner, whereas before they were on the left.
    On large, widescreen monitors, these are never in your direct line of sight and are "hidden" out of sight in the upper right hand corner.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Ability to print multiple calendars (such as personal and public calendars) using the Print Options feature. Save paper and more efficient.

Ability to print multiple calendars (such as personal and public calendars) using the Print Options feature in order to print all relevant calendars on a single page rather than a separate print out for each calendar. This allows each user to fine tune their print calendar print outs to include both the Public calendar entries plus their own personal calendar entries. This feature will be more efficient and prevent missed appointments due to incorrect allocation of appointments to wrong calendars. This will be environmentally friendly with less paper use.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow removal of contact or email from suggested contacts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Allow removal of contact or email from suggested contacts in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Always download pictures in messages.

So we don't have to click on download pictures on every single message.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide a feature wherein Meeting Appointments or Meetings should pass a None reminder time as None.

When an Appointment or Meeting is sent, the sender has the option to set the Reminder time. By default it's 15 minutes, unless it's an all day event where it's 0.5 days (in Office 2016 at least, I believe this has changed a few times depending what Office version is in use).

When 'None' is used, it doesn't actually send 'None', it uses the recipient's default reminder time, which is 15 minutes.

There is currently no way to send someone a meeting request with no reminder. Worse off, people think the 'None' option works, so they use that and then…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Under 'Contact Attendees' of a meeting, add the option 'Email attendees who did not answer'.

Outlook offers the option to send an email to all attendees of a meeting. It would be great to have the possibility to send an email only to attendees who have declined, or to those who have not yet answered. This would avoid unnecessary reminders to those who have already answered.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Read Later

Just like the Archive folder and option within Outlook, w would like to see a folder, Ribbon button and context menu option called "Read Later". This is useful to help keep the Inbox organized and clean.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide 'Recipient' status whether he has seen mail or not before Recall/Resend email

Provide 'Recipient' status whether he has seen mail or not before Recall/Resend email

Current Functionality:
    Click on Email->File->Message Resend and Recall
    Tow options there: 1. Resend message for unseen recipient and 2. Recall message.
    Once sender use this then he will get notification of how many recipients message has been recalled.

Improvement:
    When user is clicking on 'File->Message Resend and Recall'
    Is it possible to give 'Recipient' status whether he has seen message or not. So that sender will decide that Resend/Recall is fruitful or not.

For e.g.
    If sender wants to update message for recipient 'A' but he has…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. appointment color in shared calendars

Keep the assigned colors to identify the different appointments, in the calendars of the interlocutors who share the calendar

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Spell check in automatic replies

Please include spell checking function when authoring your automatic replies (out of office). There is currently no spell check running there.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. change folders color - change table rows color

I'd like to identify the folders by color and do the same for incoming mail in table view. Also would be great to change rows color in table view.

128 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. BRING BACK CATEGORIES OPTION to 365 Update

After the recent 365 Update, it seems the Categories Option (with different colors) is not available for Calendar Events/meetings. Please bring it back!!!! Right away!!!

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Outlook should remember its windows sizes and positions

When I open a new Windows inside Outlook for e.g. the Calendar or Tasks, pick a position for it and resize it according to my needs, it should be saved, so once those windows are closed and then reopened, I don't need to do this again.

An older Office Version had this feature, but it seems to have been removed.

Some details on this can be found here, please read the last statement from Jennifer from Microsoft.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10-mso_o365b/outlook-2016-open-in-new-window-doesnt-remember/62ef3d99-aeaa-4575-b033-fdee697421ff

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The ability to bounce emails

Combat spam by bouncing emails back to a sender making them think your email address is not valid. I used to do this all the time when using an older email client on Windows XP. I started when I was getting over 100 spam emails a day, and managed to reduce this to 2 a week

63 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. flag

Please could you develop a feature attached to the flags function so that we can add a note to ourselves of what the flag is for?

I see this working that when I flag an email, another box opens up which allows me to add a reminder as to what I need to do before processing the email, for example.

And if this could go into the Outlook Today page too that would be awesome!

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow you to change the size as well as the background color of appointments in the calendar

Allow you to change the size as well as the background color of each appointment in the calendar (allow multiple colors on the same calendar)

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. send on behalf

An alert/notification sent to a user when someone sends an email on their behalf.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base