OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow to "Customize the Ribbon" with drag/drop to improve it.

When the "Customize the Ribbon" dialog box is open, I should be able to click and drag on the buttons in the actual ribbon of the normal Outlook button to rearrange the buttons. The current Ribbon Customize interface is not very intuitive and many ribbon sections cannot be customized further. For example the "Respond" section, or "Delete" section have a specific group of buttons. I can change the location of the group, but I cannot add/remove buttons within the group.

Also in the earlier builds of Outlook you can easily customize ribbon from the right-click context menu, and the ability…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Full Outlook Contact Access From Email

I want to be able to access a full contact record in Outlook from an open Outlook email like you could before Outlook 2013. Ideally I could click on a persons name in an email and a full contact record would open. Instead, starting in Outlook 2013 and in Office 365, a small contact card without full contact management features opens. Some may want it to work the new way, but some may want it to work the old way so there should be a setting on what happens when you click on an email address on the to: or…

445 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BRING BACK CATEGORIES OPTION to 365 Update

After the recent 365 Update, it seems the Categories Option (with different colors) is not available for Calendar Events/meetings. Please bring it back!!!! Right away!!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. fix the shared calendar button so that calendars can be shared

Office 365 share calendar option only allows permissions changes. Reestablish the ability to actually share a calendar

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow separate reminders for separate calendars

I have 2 calendars - one shared and one personal - It would be nice if the reminders were also separated when displaying/popping up. I don't want my personal and my shared reminders to show in 1 screen.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide an option of delete in the pop up window when an email is received in outlook 2016

Why did you remove the delete option in the pop up window when an email is received?

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The "Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize Button" in Outlook 2016

Office programs allow users to customize keyboard shortcuts in the "Customize the Ribbon" dialog window. Why doesn't Outlook? The "Keyboard Shortcuts: Customize" button is missing.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow a link to your scanner when adding an attachment

allow a link to your scanner when adding an attachment so a document can be scanned and attached directly to a new email.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow resizing the Rules editor window.

Allow resizing the Rules editor window.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improve outlook search result contact card

Some time ago, the contact Information shown were helpfull. Then - whyever - you changed this to an useless sytle - devided into two screens.

If you search for a contact and select the entry, you will see a lot of space and only some informaton.

For the needed Information, you have to click Always on >

Everything from there could and *should* be displayed on page 1.

Generally, it is unclear which Information are shown on page 1. Somtimes phone, sometimes mobile, sometimes both ...

Please let the user customzite the first screen to display more or better all…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve visibility of unread mails when black background is used

When using the black background in Outlook, unread mails show with black font for the email sender and title. This makes it difficult to read as it is against a very dark grey background. Suggest changing the text color to blue or white with the typical bold.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Graphics  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Block Senders Domain in Junk

When getting lots of junk email with same domain name(with different email accounts) it would be great if we get an option to block senders domain. We can edit the blocked senders , but its again a tedious process and we may end up doing this daily. Adding a button on Junk so we can block the senders domain right away would be an easier way to tackle this menace.

446 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please bring back the classic theme and more colors in Outlook 2016

Please bring back the classic themes for Office 2016 like we had in Outlook 2003 and 2007. I

I use the classic theme in Windows 7 and I would prefer to use that, than the current 4 themes currently provided in Office 2016.

Why do I want this feature to come back? The classic theme is much easier on my eyes than the themes offered currently in Office 2016.

Also, you must have more options to add color in outlook! I loved the dashboard of office 2007 and just upgraded to 2016 and it seems so sterile!

Thanks,
    Chris

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide a feature or option to allow rules to be searched in Microsoft Outlook 2016

There are many users that have many rules activated on their Outlook accounts. In the Desktop client, you cannot easily search these rules to find ones you know to be out of date, etc. I spend far too much time sifting thru my rules to find the one I need to update, disable, or delete.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. If you unintentionally move an email into the wrong folder

If you unintentionally move an email into the wrong folder, there should be an undo button to undo last move

342 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Auto populate upcoming OoO from calendar to signature

It would be great to have option (checkbox as an example) that allows to automatically add line with "Upcoming OoO : %dates%" text to the signature.
    Feature should take your calendar "all day" upcoming events (either showed as OoO or busy event) and add them to your signature for populated by user (default 2 weeks), either period of time or 3 upcoming days. End result like "Upcoming OoO 08.03.19-15.03.29"

Alternative could be feature to add different variables to the signature, so users can configure it themselves.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow to create a follow up meeting from an existing meeting. This is a very basic necessity that surprises me it is not available.

After a meeting, there should be an option to simply create a new date and time using the same information from the previou meeting (participants, room, information, etc.)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add a "search" box to the email MOVE feature on the desktop version of Outlook (like there is on the online version).

Add a "search" box to the email MOVE feature on the desktop version of Outlook (like there is on the online version). This feature is a huge time saver.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow business cards to be scanned into Outlook Contacts using a smartphone's camera.

Allow business cards to be scanned into Outlook Contacts using a smartphone's camera. If it is possible to use a phone camera to take a shot of a business card, and then for OCR to transfer the contact information into the relevant field's of Outlook's contact cards.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Retire the Telex or Pager fields - update to add Personal and Business Mobile

I can't imagine there are many people or businesses that still use Telex or Pagers. However, increasingly these days many people have Business and Personal mobile phones. Would it make sense to add these categories to the Phone numbers field in Outlook?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base