OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Outlook should remember its windows sizes and positions

When I open a new Windows inside Outlook for e.g. the Calendar or Tasks, pick a position for it and resize it according to my needs, it should be saved, so once those windows are closed and then reopened, I don't need to do this again.

An older Office Version had this feature, but it seems to have been removed.

Some details on this can be found here, please read the last statement from Jennifer from Microsoft.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_win10-mso_o365b/outlook-2016-open-in-new-window-doesnt-remember/62ef3d99-aeaa-4575-b033-fdee697421ff

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a feature or option to assign colors to Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

This is not for the "categories" for color-coding each entry... those haven't really changed, and although I would love more color options, it works. BUT, I'm really sad that the new "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016" Outlook calendar color options have been severely reduced and honestly folks, these colors are sad. Get rid of pink. Forever. Or make it the 30th choice. So hard to look at. We need more than 9 options... I regularly have far more than 9 calendars open and need to be able to quickly differentiate. It is nice that you can now dedicate a specific…

279 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow you to change the background color of appointments in the calendar

Allow you to change the background color of each appointment in the calendar (allow multiple colors on the same calendar)

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add voting buttons in meeting request in Outlook 2016.

Add voting buttons in meeting request in Outlook 2016. It is very handy to have a voting button so the meeting organizer can receive responses for the votes along with accept/decline!

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix default font so that no part of the message reverts to Calibri

Outlook allows you set a default font and choose your own font for your signature, but no matter what you do, there will always be at least 1 blank line below your signature (in new messages and replies) where the font reverts back to Calibri. This means if you remove your signature, then start typing, you are not in your default font and must manually change it.

106 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. change folders color - change table rows color

I'd like to identify the folders by color and do the same for incoming mail in table view. Also would be great to change rows color in table view.

92 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Copy an existing meeting into a new meeting

Allow the copying of an existing meeting into a new meeting that can be edited for content, attendees, time, etc., and then sent. This dramatically decreases the work effort of scheduling meetings and reduces friction between your users and the software.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow user to disable "Top Results"

Currently search of email includes "top results" at the top of the search list even when the list is sorted by date. This is a terrible feature in a business setting where it is important to reply to the most recent email in a thread.

The option "Show most relevant search results on top" should disable this feature, but does not.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Replace "Reply, Reply All, Forward" or the "Discard, Pop out" buttons back to to left.

They are now on the upper right hand corner, whereas before they were on the left.
    On large, widescreen monitors, these are never in your direct line of sight and are "hidden" out of sight in the upper right hand corner.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. The ability to bounce emails

Combat spam by bouncing emails back to a sender making them think your email address is not valid. I used to do this all the time when using an older email client on Windows XP. I started when I was getting over 100 spam emails a day, and managed to reduce this to 2 a week

45 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. flag

Please could you develop a feature attached to the flags function so that we can add a note to ourselves of what the flag is for?

I see this working that when I flag an email, another box opens up which allows me to add a reminder as to what I need to do before processing the email, for example.

And if this could go into the Outlook Today page too that would be awesome!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The ribbion tool bar

The ribbon tool bar is too large and taking up too much of my screen. Also the icons on the ribbon bar are too large. The colour range does not have enough choice. The older ribbon bar was much better on office 2010 and has gone south in my opinion. I hate the new ribbon bar and the feel of the system. The system is not an improvement over office 2010

105 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Removing folders

Give us the ability to remove folders we don't use. Many of us do not use the "group", "conversations" or various other folders that Outlook automatically installs and will let us delete. Users should be able to remove any folder they don't want.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Rethink the direction Outlook is going

The look and feel of Outlook as well as most of the other office applications is continuing to look worse and worse. It's becoming much more childish looking and less professional looking. Many of the sections take up way too much space on the screen. The most recent change to the top of a new message looks totally ridiculous. Why either boxes around To, CC and BCC and not around Subject for example?

Users should also be able to adjust the space between items in the Folder Pane, there is way too much whitespace between items and you have to…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide a feature to search recipient email address automatically if we enter phone number in Microsoft Outlook 2016 when composing emails

At present , if we put user name or user id in outlook for enterprises , we can search the e mail address for the recipient. Provide an option to search and display the email address of the recipient if we enter mobile number of the recipient in TO / CC / BCC field, with Control K option , provided the contact has been stored by entering all the information including phone number(s).

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatically add signatures to invitations

Like new messages and replies, have the option to include a signature to meeting invitations automatically.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Family Calendars cannot be updated from Outlook Desktop

Using Outlook 2016 for Windows, I cannot add or update events to my Outlook.com family calendar.

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

37 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Outlook team is working on this update. We will add support for adding and updating events on family calendars as part of an overall improvement to shared calendars in Outlook.

We will post a subsequent status update when the shared calendar improvements are available for you to use in Outlook. Our current ETA is to begin releasing to subscription customers who are using Outlook 2016 this summer (July 2018).

18. Speed up Outlook Rules Order

The order of Rules can be changed ONLY by tapping or clicking an UP or DOWN arrow on a SINGLE rule. This is clunky when managing a large number of rules. Develop a method for selecting multiple rules and re-ordering by dragging the selection.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Rules  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Check availability for individual instances of a recurring meeting to make (re)scheduling easier

When scheduling a recurring meeting, I'd like a way to quickly jump to the next 'scheduled' date/time to see if people are generally open. For example, I have a recurring monthly meeting that I am looking to reschedule. When I open the series and have the scheduling assistant view active, I can see everyone's calendar. After I change the time under the recurring meeting option, I would like to scan ahead to see how that fits with everyone's schedule. Instead, I have to scroll through each day until I get to the next month's day. Would like an option to…

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Retire the Telex or Pager fields - update to add Personal and Business Mobile

I can't imagine there are many people or businesses that still use Telex or Pagers. However, increasingly these days many people have Business and Personal mobile phones. Would it make sense to add these categories to the Phone numbers field in Outlook?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base