OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Recurring Calendar meeting changes should not change meetings that have already taken place

Do not change the history of meetings that have already occurred when make changes to a recurring meeting for future dates.

624 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Keep all meeting invites even if declined.

Set the option to keep all meeting invites in inbox regardless of the action taken; even if declined.

143 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add option reply with attachment

Hi,While replaying to mail, kindly add option replay with attachment which is very useful to business communication. presently we have to select attachment and paste in new correspondence.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. you need a more improved search engine for searching for contacts. Allow it to search all fields not just t.he name. Let it sort by column

You need a more improved search engine for searching contacts. Allow it to search all fields not just the name. Let it sort by column so at least you can scan down the column to look for a contact. This feature has been horrible for a long time.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Removing folders

Give us the ability to remove folders we don't use. Many of us do not use the "group", "conversations" or various other folders that Outlook automatically installs and will let us delete. Users should be able to remove any folder they don't want.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to see who deleted an email in a shared mailbox.

Ability to see who deleted an email in a shared mailbox.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Increase the number of color options in the Outlook Calendar palette from 9 to 16-25, increase contrast, and allow user editing of colors.

I find that I cannot change the color of agenda items or calendar items for my email accounts in Microsoft Outlook. I use various Android apps on my tablet and phone, that allow me to show Agenda items and Calendar items. If I use gmail, I can easily select a color, whereas with Outlook accounts I cannot change the color to suit my preferences. Also provide an option or feature to set different events with different colors in Calendar as well as in Categories in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

1,435 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

138 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a pop-up reminder for users who create a meeting with WebEx as the location but do not have a WebEx invite attached.

Provide a pop-up reminder for users who create a meeting invite with WebEx as the location but do not have a WebEx meeting attached when they attempt to send the meeting invite (similar to the pop-up reminder for users who have 'attach' in the message but no file attached)

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Darken the reading pane in the Dark Gray theme

I love how the Black theme darkens the reading pane with white text on a dark background. I would like this option implemented in the Dark Gray theme as well.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a feature or an ability to hide Search Bar in Microsoft Outlook 2016 or make it collapsible to save landscape space.

Add in the ability to hide the search bar that appears at the top of the mail, calendar and contacts sections or make it collapsible to save landscape space.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow users to specify their pronouns.

Add an official way for users to specify their preferred pronouns - he/him, they/them, etc. Ideally this would be easily changeable, and not require people picking options from a list.

67 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Print all attachments from email

Ability to Print all attachments at once from an email

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. goto Folder from search list

when i have lots of folder that are nested, and I have done a search, it cam be very difficult to find where the messages are located. I would like the ability to see the path displayed in the search and the ability right click on the message in the search list and select goto Folder. This would place me in the folder where this message was found.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable back "Always prompt for logon credentials" for Outlook client/email

Enable back "Always prompt for logon credentials" for Outlook client/email

Since it has been grayed out and not able to change. Users should have that option due to security risks when using office and outlook.

Make it possible to prompt for user credentials every time or not

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Provide meeting-finder feature for a bunch of availability request (aka doodle-feature ;)

Please implement a feature to send participants a choice of different appointment availability time frames. So far external tools like Doodle are needed. Why not implement directly a smart solution into Outlook?

Offer the requesting user, to choose different dates and times, to add them up into one request to participants. (similiar to your series function already, just to choose a bunch of flexibel dates instead of just serial behavior)

the participants then should get all requested dates into their calendars (shown like non answered- dates yet) - when opening the request (no matter which of the single ones), offer…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More color options like the online version has

Would like to see more color options for themes like the online version has. The limited options all look kind of bleak and don't give room for a personal touch.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User Interface  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Auto complete using full contact list instead of just "recent contacts"

When I'm writing an email, I would like to be able to type an email from my contacts into the "to" bar and have outlook autocomplete the email without me having to go to the contacts menu.

687 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. A series of recurring past appointments should not be changed just because I change the end date or the number of appointments.

Calendar is always full of recurring appointments. Often my clients need to change a single appointment to another day or to cancel it completely. They nearly always have a set amount of weeks in which their training lasts. Therefore, if a lesson is cancelled in advance, the total amount of appointments must remain the same but only the end date changes. Whenever I try to change the end date, the whole series must be reset and then past changes (such as changing a single appointment from a Tuesday to a Thursday) will be lost. Also, if I need to change…

377 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base