OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. The current CW/Work group should be on the top of the monthy view of my calender in Outlook 2016

The current CW/Work group should be on the top of the monthy view of my calender in Outlook 2016

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Confidential Protection

When creating an email, the sender should have the option to a check box in the header section to mark the email "Confidential". Once that box is checked, and the sender hits SEND, it will require a confirmation pop-up to confirm the recipients that are being sent the email. It should also require people forwarding or replying to do the same thing once it is marked Confidential.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Conact to the Email Being Composed from the Contact Card I am Looking at

Sometimes I want to add a contact to the email I am composing now, by browsing contact cards. Example scenarios are:
    - Getting to an existing recipient's manager, or
    - Picking a contact from a distribution list, or
    - Using existing recipient's membership to open DL contact card, and them pick somebody else on that DL.

In all these scenarios, I have an open contact card on top of an email being composed, and I want to add the contact to the email recipients. Currently the only way is to copy email address from the contact card and paste it…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. quickbooks 2018 customer add-in

Quickbooks 2018 has an add-in for syncing clients with existing Outlook contacts. PERFECT application but simply won't work without crashing Outlook 2016. I can't seem to find a fix for this. Interface should be much simpler with Outlook

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow paragraph setting when creating signatures in Outlook 2016

Allow paragraph setting when creating signatures in Outlook 2016

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When you create any event in outlook 2016 then there should be a place which summarize their details

When you're the creator of an event/meeting, have a place where these are summarized (so you can see who has replied) and then you wouldn't have to scroll to find the date of the event in order to see replies/send out updates

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Integrated and separeted folders to automatic replies (eg. reading notifications, meeting notifications, etc.) in Outlook 2016

Integrate folders to automatic replies and messages from outlook (eg. reading notifications, meeting notifications, etc.).
    If there will be integrated rules for automatic replies, then people could eliminate a lot of problems because of selecting reading and/or meeting notifications from different folders where they selecting the mails from inbox. I always have to prepare a lot of rules and folders to separate this kind of notifications. Sample for folder structure:
    Automatic replies (in root folder as Inbox or Sent items), then 2 separated subfolder - Meeting notifications (see. Accepted, Declined, Forwarded, ..) and Reading notifications (see. Read, Deleted without reading,…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make a tool bar for attach a scanned document oand add a show photographs button to the side tool bar In Outlook 2016

An optional took bar item for attaching a scanned document that you want to send with an email. There should be an add a show photographs button to the side tool bar. .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Move messages from Focused to Other (and vice versa) easier

Put "Move to Focus" or "Move to Other" up in the heading area (where "Focused" and "Other" are). Make it one click and make Outlook learn easier.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Fix your search in all mail boxes folder!!!! Viewing as conversations is not suitable at all!

Bring back the ability to search in all mail boxes without having to show as conversations! This is very inconvenient for business owners!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide a feature to flag attachments from external domain as "Downloaded from the Internet" (not-trusted)

Attachments received from an outside org., when saved as files, should be flagged as "downloaded from the Internet", as they would be actually downloaded from a browser. That would allow to block Excel macros file coming from an unknown source via email.

Currently attachments received by email are not flagged in any way, regardless of the source.

In regard to: https://cloudblogs.microsoft.com/microsoftsecure/2016/03/22/new-feature-in-office-2016-can-block-macros-and-help-prevent-infection/?source=mmpc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. how do I stop Windows hijacking my mail?

When I click on an email address, it pops up wth Microsoft mail and tries to get me to add an account. I don't want to use it!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Folders linked to intranet server

Instead of creating a .PST file for Outlook, it would be very useful if files could be stored directly to the intranet. For instance, I work with part numbers. I save my emails in one folder with the name of the reference inside the PST file.

But in our intranet server, I also store related information in "reference folders".

It would be useful if files could directly be saved into one folder of the intranet as msg instead, because by doing so I would have all related information in one folder. Furthermore, this folder can be shared by all colleagues…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Contact Consent handling in Outlook 2016

In order to meet the EU/UK General Data protection Regulations, IN Contacts, ability to record consent to hold data on an individual or to allow them to withdraw consent from a field within an email footer and hence automatically prevent future emails to them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. multiple accounts

When having multiple Exchange accounts set up in Outlook, I would like to choose from which accounts I want to see a pop-up for new mail, or see the tasks in My tasks. Now I see a pop-up for every mail, regardless from which account it coms from.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base