OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide an option to save the Safe Sender List online or in a file in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to save the Safe Sender List online or in a file in Microsoft Outlook 2016 so it can be used to restore the email addresses rather than adding them again or creating the list from scratch.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Replace right click functionality when calendar is part of the email view

Replace right click functionality when calendar is part of your email view. This functionality existed in previous Outlook versions. When viewing email, We used to be able to right click a visible meeting and have the option to "reply all", "reply", "forward", etc. Now, if an email necessitates an action to a visible calendar activity, we have to move from the email page and open the calendar page.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Recursive export to csv

In order to analyse the emails I get, I wanted to export them all to a script-friendly format (namely, csv) but found out that csv export is only possible for a single directory (While pst recursive export is possible).

Could you please allow recursive csv export as well?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide an option to create an e-mail message that contains background sound in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Provide an option to create an e-mail message that contains background sound in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Fix the issue PLEASE of when you select more than one Contact and click email to multiple, it picks up the email addresses in Email2 and 3.

Please fix the issue of the fact that when you select more than one contact, and then click email, it is NOT including the email addresses in Email2 and Email3. It worked in every other version, but not in the 2016. Desperately need that function to work properly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide an option of Sunrise Keyboard and Interesting Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option of Sunrise Keyboard and Interesting Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016 on Windows and Android.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Outlook as Message Centre for all platforms

Outlook for ALL kinds of messages on computer. E-Mail becomes less and less important. Outlook should be able to handle messages from Facebook, Whats App, Twitter, Linked In ... etc.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sync Facebook calendar in Outlook 2016

Sync Facebook calendar in Outlook 2016 calendar

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide an option to display the Quick Access Toolbar even when the Auto Hide option is selected for the Ribbon in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Provide an option to display the Quick Access Toolbar even when the Auto Hide option is selected for the Ribbon in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as it would provide easy access to Quick Access Toolbar and can be customized for enhanced functionality.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Prior state hold/setting hold

I would love if when I close Outlook it would preserve where I left off like that of Edge. In Edge it remembers what pages/tabs I had open previous and returns me to the same point when I re-open the app. Often in Outlook I will open multiple email messages as a way to remind me that day that I need to respond. If my devices battery dies or I close Outlook I can't remember which emails I had open.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Font of the address book in Outlook 2016

The Outlook address book font is too small.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide an option to Export\Migrate Apple Mail or Mac Mail to Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to Export\Migrate Apple Mail or Mac Mail to Microsoft Outlook 2016 in PST format for enhancing accessibility of MAC Mail from other email client platforms across different operating systems.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide an option to move messages based on Age in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than date

Provide an option to move messages based on Age in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than date for easier management of an email for reference. Currently you can archive emails or move emails and it would be beneficial to make the rule to move any email based on time period to a specified folder.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide an option to enlarge Microsoft Outlook UI by pressing CTRL+ in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to enlarge Microsoft Outlook UI by pressing CTRL+ in Microsoft Outlook 2016

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide an option to warn users if they send an email to a business contact from a personal account in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to warn users if they send an email to a business contact from a personal account in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to avoid any security related issues.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Tagging a recipient @mentions should be highlighted in reading pane

If I type a long email and tag a contact with a question or statement further down in the email, when they receive the email, the line(s) where I tagged that person should be what they see in the message summary in their inbox. This calls their attention to the email and lets them know they are being asked or told something directly.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Option to add appointment according to availability in Outlook 2016

When inviting users to appointments/meetings , Outlook should determine the mutual free time for everyone (and offer alternatives too).

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide users an option of custom grouping of emails by Received and Sent Dates in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Please provide users an option of custom grouping of emails by Received and Sent Dates in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Clarification of options' descriptions on Send/Receive Group form.

I'd like to make two suggestions about the Send/Receive Groups form's presentation:

1. The bottom section is titled "When Outlook is Offline" (ie. Alt+S+W). To make it clearer what that actually means, I suggest that be changed to "When Outlook is set to work in Offline Mode". The existing "When Outlook is Offline" causes confusion because people think that means when the LAN or WAN (ie. Internet for most people) is down.

2. "Include this group in send/receive (F9)" could be better understood as "Include this group in when doing a manual send/receive (ie. F9)"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide an option of Chonometer or timer in Calendar of Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option of Chronometer or timer in Calendar of Microsoft Outlook 2016 for real time tracking of an event from start till finish.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Feedback and Knowledge Base