OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding virtual sticky-notes, and color-coding emails in various ways

I'd love to paste virtual sticky notes on emails to remind myself of details not on the thread. Thanks.

I'd love to color code the entire email in the email list, or at least have an easier way to create new colors and new categories.

Finally, I'd also appreciate an easy way to color code my gazillion email folders. I swear I saw this on someone's computer one time - the folder titles were colors - but I haven't seen or figured it out since then.

Thank you.

Susan V.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. In the outlook app for PC and mobile I would like to see a check availability when responding to emails where others want time scheduled

When replying to an email asking for a meeting I want to click check availability and have my calendar pop up. I select the open times I want to share and click ok then they appear in the reply as available times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add Right and Left button at left top of a received email to move to previous/next mail in mail chain.

When you open a email at top you see "Next item" and "Previous Item" Up and Down Arrows, Similarly add Left and Right arrow which will show the last or previous email received by this subject. Currently I need to go and search for this subject to order by all emails. This will improve the user experience.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Expanding distribution lists in bulk

As our company is large, we often have Distribution Lists within Distribution lists. We need to expand these Distribution lists to ensure that we are sending to the correct email addresses (which could be in the 1000s). Outlook nearly crashes everytime we click the plus symbol to expand these distribution lists. I would like a quick expand button for all Distribution lists to be able to do this in bulk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Saving Attachment Compare & Rename Option

It would be great to Saving an Attachment to your HDD and get the Compare & Rename Option / Dialogue like when you copy between Folders.
    Right now I must stop the drag to HDD action + Save to a different folder + go to that folder and rename or start the Copy / Move operation to get the Compare & Rename dialogue. Much easier if Outlook support the option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Insert -> Attach File: Add Search Field Above Recent Items

When attaching a file to an email, the list of Recent Items does a great job of listing files you've been working on, which in many cases is the one you want to send. Great feature. But, as time goes on, you may need to attach a file that isn't on the recent items list because you haven't worked on it in a while. Please add a Search Box above Recent Items that acts exactly like Search in the Start Menu. This would make attaching files much more efficient. Normally, I either have to navigate to the file, or I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need option for disabling "Other Suggestions" for email addresses

I like to have autocomplete but hate the "Other Suggestions". I am unable to find a way to disable that. It is VERY counterproductive, especially for emails that are no longer valid and I don't get option to remove it

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Turn off the lights

This feature is already implemented in Outlook for Mac and it's also available in the free Windows Mail app.

Please add this to Outlook, as it's a great app that blinds me every time I look at it!

Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Implement a feature to share the MyAnalytics Insights

It would be great if MyAnalytics Insights could be shared to managers. Then managers could view and utilize their staff’s Insights data to improve business efficiency.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Delayed Delete Emails

I'd love the ability to do a right mouse-button on an email message and mark that email to be deleted after X number of day where I'd select X on a message-by-message basis. I could also select a fixed date. This feature would be invaluable for emails with hotel and rental car reservation confirmations, package shipment notice with tracking numbers, or any other email that is important until after a future event - such as the package delivered. There would not need much granularity in the exact moment the email message is deleted.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. PLEASE allow the bulk moving or archiving of entire folders.

PLEASE allow the bulk moving or archiving of entire folders. Right now, you cannot select more than one folder to archive or move, and the process for even moving one folder is cumbersome. Please - this should not be difficult. Why isn't this behavior - present in almost every other MS app - available in Outlook? It makes NO SENSE.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Undo" a Quick Step operation

Provide a mechanism to undo a QS operation that was done by mistake.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Full size separate Favorites and Folder windows

I have lots of Favorites and lots of Folders that I want quick access to. I have a wide screen. So I would like to have separate Folder and Favorite panes full height from top to bottom of screen

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mail tip - # of workds

It would be great if Outlook could warn when an email is too long. ie: if the email has >150 words (configurable). Outlook displays a warning - in the mail tip banner advising that the email is too long, and may be hard to read.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Insert a message as a link in another message

Insert a message as a link in another message, in order to avoid inserting a mensage using the command "copy"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Button to toggle between signatures.

Button (close to where the signature appears within the body of the email) to toggle between signatures. I want to use different signature for different groups of people (eg. my students vs. my colleagues). it is cumbersome to go all the way back to the ribbon and click through menus to be able to do that.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A 'button' to cancel/re-call an already sent e-mail

More often than not, you find yourself having sent an e-mail with, for instance, wrong dates, facts, times etc.
    We would very much appreciate a feature that can cancel and re-call an already sent e-mail. Thanks!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Backup mail content as in Word.

Periodically backup the mail being edited, so that when outlook fails and restarts, it can restore the latest mail content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please add screen shot to the main ribbon!!

have the option to add screen shot to the main ribbon. Why not??

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mail  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base