OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Customer Manager (CRM) Contacts to be synced with Global Address Book / Global Contacts

We have six people working in a remote office environment and have to add contacts into our address book all the time. I know we can use the global address to all see them, and add them into our contact list, but I would like to be able to also sync them across the board so if I add a contact to the Contacts, Address Book, or Customer Manager List, then all of my colleagues can see them as well in those respective areas.

Here is an example:
    I go to a conference, meet with a person who gives me…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

7 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. See Skype status in Outlook even when Skype is not running in Outlook 2016

So currently I work mostly on my SAW laptop, which has Skype on the Host OS and Outlook and Skype on the Guest VM OS.

Here's the catch 22:
    Skype performs best on the Host OS.
    However, Skype must be running on the Guest VM OS in order to have Outlook integration. There are two ways to deal with this:
    1. Run Skype only on the Guest OS
    2. Run Skype on both the Guest OS and Host OS.

The 2nd option, running two copies of Skype, doesn't work well at all. It gets confusing as to which Skype client…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a feature to create a meeting from a Contact Card in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to create a meeting from a Contact Card in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for added functionality.

72 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Как синхронизировать c gmail, контактами(не всплываю в outlook, контакты, при наборе адресата)

Как синхронизировать c gmail, контактами(не всплываю в outlook, контакты, при наборе адресата)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Please return to previous behaviour of "Search People" - used to get full contact card if name chosen - now select ... and Edit

Please can MS return to prior behaviour of "Search People" in top right of Outlook window.
    One used to get the FULL contact card directly if one of the names was chosen.
    NOW one gets a menu and "..." and only if clicking on that and selecting "edit" does one get the full card. WHY!? This extra steps, clicks and complexity.
    It was not broken so don't fix it!!!!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. people

Since "contacts" have been replaced by "people", where is the correct place to track businesses, organizations, trusts, or other entities?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Synchronization of contacts between devices

I am sorry, but I become mad with Outlook.

As I recently changed my old iPhone to an ASUS ZenFone under Android, I had to install Outlook and all Microsoft tools (OneDrive, Office suite, etc.). For your information, and to avoid creating 50 different email addresses, the one I entered as my ID in Google account is my outlook.com address, to which my contacts and calendar are attached. Since I have the following problems:
    - On my phone the preferred contacts are lost systematically, both in the Phone app and in the left pane summarizing the most important feeds (weather,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Provide a feature to backup contact list either manually or automatically in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to backup contact list either manually or automatically in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to avoid loss of contacts in case of crash or corruption and enable easy restoration as well.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow User to choose a Default for Display Name in Address Book

Allow User to choose a Default for Display Name in Address Book

Every time I go in to add a contact, I have to update the Display name (which defaults to the email address instead of their name).
    I would like to option to change the default.
    Also, when I Import addresses, it defaults the same way.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a feature to connect V-Cards in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to connect V-Cards in Microsoft Outlook 2016 like it used to exist in Microsoft Outlook 2010. In Outlook 2010, it was possible to connect two separate contact cards for example a client and their real estate agent and easily open up the other persons card to see who they had been linked up with by double clicking on their name that was linked under notes. We cannot find this feature anywhere in outlook 2016.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Open "Edit Outlook contact" when name pops up in search people by right clicking mouse

Too many steps to Edit Outlook contact from Search People Window.
    This used to take 2 steps but with new modifications to Outlook its a frustrating 4 steps
    1) Enter name
    2) Click on selection
    3) Click on "..."
    4) Click on "Edit Outlook Contact"

When entering name in Search people window we should be able to right click on the name in the list to Edit Outlook Contact.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide an option of check box to select default Contact list in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option of check box to select default Contact list in Microsoft Outlook 2016 or provide an option to set the default contact list.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Skype contacts folder

Please enable the deletion of Skype contacts folder. Now, if you delete it, it is recreated a few seconds later. I don't need it and I prefer that Skype scans my main contacts folder.

Thank you

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. See Organization team members again in Contact Card

Please bring back the ability to see team members under Organization with the new contact card experience. Currently it only shows your manager all the way to the CEO but does not show team members anymore, which is extremely valuable if you need to reach out to other people under the same manager.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide an option in People Pane to add Skype for Business Conversations in Outlook 2016

With O365, conversation history on Skype is kept in a separate folder. To see the complete 'story' of my interaction with someone, it would be better if the 'People Pane' could include the conversation history with that person

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. connecting the people contacts on the pc to maps, like your mobile.

connecting the people contacts on the pc to maps, like you do with the mobile connections. Sometimes you want to see ahead of a trip where you are going and make plans while you are at home on your desktop pc.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a feature that can enable zoom feature in Contacts, Mail, Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature that can enable zoom feature in Contacts, Mail, Calendars etc. in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as the print is too small to read comfortably. I want to be able to see all of the commands clearly and have the option to zoom in if I need to. Zoom doesn’t seem to work on the ribbon and the commands only within the body of the message.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Edit recent people

Ability to edit recent people/autocomplete list. Currently the list is non editable and recent people is sorted by "luck of the draw" on last or first name display.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Adressbuch

Ich sortiere meine Kontakte nach Nachname, Vorname. Warum werden die Kontakte im Adressbuch trotzdem falsch (Vorname, Nachname) sortiert? Das ist sehr lästig bei geschäftlichen Kontakten und erschwert das Suchen der Adressen beim Schreiben von Emails!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base