OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically enter domain from email address into website field when creating a new contact

Automate the website field to automatically use the domain from a the first email address entered when creating a new contact. It should of course still be possible to edit that automatic entry!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. LES CATEGORIES DE CONTACT N EXISTENT PLUS . POURQUOI ? COMMENT ?

LES CATEGORIES DE CONTACTS N EXISTENT PLUS .
    1/ POURQUOI avoir retiré des fonctions utiles professionnellement ?
    2/ utilité : trier un annuaire par catégorie pour faire un envoi groupé ou éditer un annuaire papier de la catégorie (ex : fournisseurs service commande)
    3/ les couleurs pour catégoriser limitent les filtres et n'ont pas une grande signification (si ce n'est le "glossy")

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Provide a feature to automatically add contact to Address Book or Contacts based on emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to automatically add contact to Address Book or Contacts based on emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016. For example we receive an email from a person named John, getting an option to use the Senders email address to add it to contact directly would be an added benefit and would enhance handling of contacts. Also make it possible to store and display all the information in the Address Book including photos of contacts.

209 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide an option to rotate Outlook Contact Photos in outlook 2016

Provide an ability within Outlook to rotate contact photos as well as photos sent inline to your contacts as you cannot download and edit the photo from the interface.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add link to send a message through teams in the contact card

When I receive an email from somebody and I hover over their name to see their contact card, add a link there that I can click to open Teams and send them a message.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Provide a feature to categorize contacts in Microsoft Outlook 2016 into Personal and Business including sub categories

Provide a feature to categorize contacts in Microsoft Outlook 2016 into Personal and Business including sub categories(Family - Friends - School - Bank ) and Business by (Auto - Law Firm - Insurance - Religious - Bank - Travel . . . . .)

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Easy backup for address book and phone book!

Allow easy back up option for address book or alphabetized phone book

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Improve people section of Outlook 2016

Improve people section of Outlook:
    • in very left pane show all different accounts (mail accounts as Outlook.com, Google) with labels/ groups you can create in those as a dropdown
    • includes fix of groups which doesn’t work properly
    • at the bottom of this pane include a function to pin favourite contacts
    • at the very bottom quick access to mail, contacts, calendar, …
    • move down the contact pane (where the names of all contacts of a label are listed) and the reading pane a little bit to create space for tabs so you can have more than…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unified contact data function, all your accounts in one place. Personal and work

With mutiple services present such as iCloud, google, and Outlook. Maintaining our contacts is key.

Intelligent analysis of our contacts whom we talk to all the time and those who are not so relevant would be immensely helpful for outlook as a platform for all.

This function is in Win 10, why not a premier program such as outlook?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. There should be automatic contact generation from exisiting mail recipient useful in case of data shift

Currently my all saved contacts get lost while I switch over the PC, even when I use the old data file. There should a feature to extract the unique recipients & senders address save to contacts.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow Groups List to be Sorted Alphabetically

Currently the Outlook Groups list in the bottom of the Outlook navigation pane is sorted by the order a person joined, without any option to sort alphabetically. Would like to be able to sort alphabetically. Note, on the Mac version of Outlook, the list is sorted alphabetically by default. I want to display the contact list group in my address book. On the Outlook Contacts screen, the left side displays a folder containing multiple contacts. This folder can be grouped. If you click “To” when composing mail, multiple address books will be displayed, but I also want this group to…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Compatibility Outlook 365 for PC and Outlook on Android

Since I have installed Outlook on my Android phone (with the idea to better synchronize my PC and my phone), I have tremendous problems with my contacts.

In Outlook 365, their email adresses are switched EVERY DAY (address 1 becomes 2 and vice-versa) and the names that I set aresystematically replaced by the email address, WHICH IS NOT WHAT I WANT!!! I want that the names of my contacts remain as I enter them (full name, nickname or whatever).

Please solve rapidly these two issues, which make very tedious the use of Outlook.

Thanks

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please return to previous behaviour of "Search People" - used to get full contact card if name chosen - now select ... and Edit

Please can MS return to prior behaviour of "Search People" in top right of Outlook window.
    One used to get the FULL contact card directly if one of the names was chosen.
    NOW one gets a menu and "..." and only if clicking on that and selecting "edit" does one get the full card. WHY!? This extra steps, clicks and complexity.
    It was not broken so don't fix it!!!!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Be able to add more then just two "Work" phone numbers to a single Outlook contact

With Google Contacts you add as many Phone Numbers as you like to one contact. e.g. I can add say ten Work numbers to a single contact and say five Mobile numbers to the same single contact but with Microsoft Outlook 2016 or 365 you are restricted to only two Work Numbers and One Mobile Number. If you sync your Google contacts with Outlook via Exchange and add more than two work numbers to you contact on Google it then will not sync with Outlook. Microsoft Outlook has not changed the contact number fields since the first Outlook for MS-DOS.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. View Skype status of people in the organsation view on contact cards

After the upgrade to Office 360 I am unable to see the online status of people the organisation view on the contact card. Why was this removed? Now you have to manually check every person in the reporting line to see their status.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Address Book needs update to allow for contacts without associated email address

Need to update Address Book so that you can add a contact person who does not have an email address. If a contact does not have an associated email address, it does not appear in the address book tab.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. It would be awesome to Cut and Paste similar Contacts between contact lists

It would be awesome to Cut and Paste or merge Contacts between multiple contact lists. I am for ever creating multiple contacts of the same person because I have multiple contact lists (Email accounts).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Insert address from Contact list

I would like to create an appointment from the contact list and import the address to the location

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Reinstate Business Contact Manager

You should reinstate BCM for those paying customers who purchased a previous version. Microsoft, in its wisdom, decided to remove this feature and leave people with no access to information stored in BCM. even if it is not supported, it should be introduced to allow thousands of paying customers access to their information without having to pay YET again to get information which you denied access to. You should also remove the forced upgrade to 2016 and allow people to run older versions. It seems that the only thing Microsoft are interested in is getting more and more money out…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sub sort contacts

You used to sort each category by name. Now, when I order my contacts by category, the names are in random order, and I can't find what I want to find. You need to put that back the way it was. I have a lot of contacts, and some of my categories are quite large. I want my contacts by category, then in alphabetical order by name.

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base