OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GPO Sync Slider settings

The current settings in the GPOs allow only a fixed cache period, which is now in Outlook 2016 more granular, what is great. But it woulod be beneficial to have two GPO settings regarding this:
    1. The time frame of caching in month (existing)
    2. If the user can change this within the defined time frame
    So for example the GPO fixes 12 month caching, but with the second option, the user could lower to 6 month, but not beyond the 12 month.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide an option or feature to disable KeyTips or ToolTips feature in Microsoft Outlook 2016

For multi-lingual teams, where communication flows in different languages, it is common to use Alt+Shift keystroke to change between written language.

At the same time desktop version of Outlook has KeyTips feature (tiny tooltips shown next to UI buttons and menus) which is also activated by Alt key.

Unfortunately, this KeyTip feature most of the type conflicts with the desire to switch the keyboard language.

When you try to be effective and type your email fast, in 80% of cases you activate KeyTips instead of changing language. If you keep typing you risk to trigger different actions, or loose emails.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Contact Support, and Send a Smile, and Submit Feedback, and other feedback to all Office 365 subscription channels

The best way to prioritize and fix issues in MS applications is to freely allow all users to tell MS when things are broken, directly from the application - quickly and easily. Users should not have to go log on to some community to report an issue, they should not have to contact their office 365 administrator. Users should be able to send feedback and report issues everywhere, on every page and in every corner of the application Then MS will know what problems are affecting the most users and have a better handle on how frustrated the users are…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide a feature to check the Automatic replies if any set, during meeting invites response in Microsoft Outlook 2016

When somebody updated "out of office" in Outlook (before going on vacation mentioning the dates of vacation), and any meeting invites are received with mentioned dates for "out of office", then the sender shall be informed about "out of office" notifications.

Example:
    When I am on planned vacation from 14th to 16th Sept 2018 and I set
    the out of office settings on 12th Sept 2018 mentioning with 14th Sept to 16th Sept 2018. If anyone is sending a meeting invite before 13th Sept 2018, they should get the auto reply mentioning the dates.

Please respond in mail if any…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. We need the scanning capabilities v upload preferences allowed per job basis

Need privileges to send photographs (edit scanner settings) to increase Maximum E-mail Size references on a per job basis if the job requires it for a successful upload into safety

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Outlook recently stopped using the pinned icon when starting

I have the Outlook Icon pinned to my taskbar. I have this and other icons arranged on my taskbar in a certain order. I use the applications the Icons represent frequently and am more easily able to find what I need by going to the icon and clicking it instead of using Alt-Tab. I can't say exactly when this started but now when I click on the icon, it creates a second identical icon once the application has started. I must now click that second icon to switch to it. Clicking the original one gives the error that only one…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide an icon to point out an link shared in the email in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Can we create an icon for shared file links in default email view. We have them for attachments so that we can visually see when an email includes an attachment, why not for file share links?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide an option to store quick parts and signatures in the PST file in Microsoft Outlook 2016

I would like Outlook to store the quick parts and signatures in PST files, because it would make a re-installation much easier. Some days ago, I must have reinstalled my PC, but I did not know, that quick parts and signatures are stored somewhere else than in PST, so I lost this information (because I backed up only my PST file).

Regards,
    Michael

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide an option to edit contact while it was added instead of adding again

When a member has been added to the contacts it is still showing when you hover the mouse to the 3 dots under the name of that recipient/sender that you still have an option to 'Add to Contacts' although it is been added already wherein it should be Edit Contacts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Inform the sender if he/she is trying to send out-of-date date

example:
    Today(13-07-2017 or 13th July) I want to write a mail to XYZ to inform that i will be out of office.

i write as below,

Hello XYZ,

I will be out of office on 16th June due to some personal reasons.
    Thanks for Understanding.
    Regards,

Now in the above mail 16th June is out-of-date,but the sender is unaware of this.

Action outlook can take:
    look for the mail subject: leave request/out of office / absence etc
    and the date in mail is outdated

solution: Outlook can pop-up a message to the sender saying you have a out-of-date in your…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Address this error: Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Too many simultaneous connections. (Failure)

Address this error: Your IMAP server wants to alert you to the following: Too many simultaneous connections. (Failure)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Overs

Oversæt funktion mangler i Outlook

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. responsive design

Outlook is generally awful in split screen mode. It should be redesigned to respond more fluidly (like websites) when the size of the window is altered.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I would like a more positive start of the day

OUTLOOK.EXE - Application Error
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)
    Click OK to close the application.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow us to LOG OUT!!!! I am trying to add several accounts e.g. work, personal ... you won't let me slog out of the initial account!!!

Try replacing working applications with ones that are better - not worse!!!! There's no way any reasonable audit comes out with Win 10 as being more usable than prior releases. Can we get rid of the childish low IQ presentations please?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. stopped working

my Outlook & Excel automatically stopped working at some time of interval. & i have to Restart it. i don't like this. please solve my problem

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide an option for Admins to enable disabled inbox rules in Microsoft Outlook 2016

As an admin, I can not see deactivated inboxrules in the mailboxes of other users. As a result, I can not enable disabled rules and must create a new rule instead. All disabled rules will be deleted.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Option to compress archieve (pst ost) in context menue

To compress ost or pst archieves we have to dig deep doen (Archieve Properties -> Advanced -> Advanced -> Outlook Archieve Settings -> Compress Now)

Please add an option in the context menu right in the beginning to get there directly, ideally ("Empty Trash and compress Outlook Archive")

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Quick Access feature Additions/Enhancements that majority will appreciate and praise Microsoft for (Except maybe the development teams)

This would likely be categorized as a quick access feature.

Having the ability to perform general tasks while using the least amount of time would be the greatest enhancements anything can get.
    The ability to find and group quickly specific keywords, terms, numbers, letters, names, dates, sizes, and just in general all related emails very quickly in the real world of business and personal matters outweighs the need for more functions since if we work faster we progress faster we accomplish more faster and ultimately everything else will come into play "Quickly" after that.
    I would say the fact we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base