OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. High DPI support for inline images when creating and reading email

While text is scaled properly when reading or writing email in Outlook, inline images are not. Inline images within a message sent from a PC with 100% display scaling will appear too small when viewed on a PC with 200% display scaling, such as on the Surface Book. Conversely, images within a message sent from a PC with 200% display scaling will appear huge when viewed on a PC with 100% display scaling. Also as users have 4k screen and when they “Open in new window” to open a secondary window, such as a calendar the new window opens as…

68 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Fix Black Outlook Theme Attach Outlook Items

With the black office theme in outlook if you start a new email message then go to Attach Item > Outlook Item > Contacts, all of the contacts are white font on white background. You can not see the contacts. Please fix this.

Also, In black theme, the contrast of the selector to choose postponing a meeting reminder for x minutes is so low it’s extremely hard to read.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add “new Journal Entry” to options for adding to “quick tool bar”.

You should be able to track your daily task, accomplishments and meetings...to see your set goal and elaboration self fulfillment even emoji expression to represent inanimate object or feelings or pictures of the day or places frequented. Lots of self data.

Also, being able to pull up a history of contacts, their emails, docs relevant to that contact and notes in a timeline summary area like Journal is efficient to use and helpful for researching past contact activity. This is especially true for the self employed. Please bring back these features!

Also, please add “new Journal Entry” to options for…

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

38 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Moving messages to folders with drop down list is too slow

Moving Messages with Drop-down list - Previously the entire list of folders was immediately available to scroll down. Now, only the first few folders appear, and you must click <more> and wait for the full list of folders to populate. Too slow and time consuming! Recent folders at top of list is not really helpful. Bring back the previous drop down feature.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Print PDF without downloading or opening

Perhaps right clicking on a PDF file to print instead of downloading or opening. Would save a LOT of time.

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Prior state hold/setting hold

I would love if when I close Outlook it would preserve where I left off like that of Edge. In Edge it remembers what pages/tabs I had open previous and returns me to the same point when I re-open the app. Often in Outlook I will open multiple email messages as a way to remind me that day that I need to respond. If my devices battery dies or I close Outlook I can't remember which emails I had open.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide the capability to Print Tasks within Outlook Today in Microsoft Outlook 2016

When trying to print my Outlook Today from Outlook 2016, the right-side printing margin is too large which results in the "tasks" being cut off on the right side. Therefore, it would be great to print the whole page including tasks too.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Touch mode email action buttons

I like the increased whitespace of the 'touch mode' even when I'm not on a touch computer. There is one annoying UI change in Outlook that happens when you go into touch mode. It moves the email action buttons (reply, delete, etc) to the right side in a vertical bar and removes any text labels.It would be great if the icons stayed where they are in the normal mode but are larger and have more whitespace. Much like the changes that happen on the ribbon.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Categories do not appear correctly when column is moved

Hello,
    in outlook when we affect a category to mail a square of the category's color normally appears in the "category" column.
    But in Outlook 2016, according to the place where you have placed the column "category", the colored square appears or not :
    - If the column is placed to the right, the colored square appears.
    - If the column is placed to the left (what I want) the colored square is not displayed. Only the text. This unpractical for all previewed different categories.

It's a bug and I've reported it as such to the Outlook Team. Thanks!
    A…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Option to add Images in Notes in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Option to add Images in Notes in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add an option to check the PST file size in front view in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Add an option to check the PST file size in front view in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to ensure that PST file size remains under control and possible data corruption or loss can be avoided.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option of showing the Feedback in Main menu

Option of showing the Feedback in Microsoft Outlook 2016 in tabs like File, Insert etc. It makes it much easier to submit feedback.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add tethered sync between Outlook Desktop and universal Outlook to save on mobile data plans

Please add tethered sync between Outlook Desktop and universal mobile phone Outlook to save on mobile data plans. Similar functionality used to exist with the Windows Mobile Device Center. This functionality would save on mobile data plans.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Custom spacing of QAT icons

The horizontal spacing of the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) icons dramatically increased with the download of Office Outlook 2016. I can no longer see many of the important QAT icons and using the program is significantly less efficient now. Please restore the ability to display QAT icons in a narrow format. I will not download Office 2016 on my desktop until this issue is resolved because it is so significant. I am considering rolling back my laptop to Office 2013 until the issue is resolved.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Option of organizing the sequence in the drop down menu in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to organize the drop down menu in Microsoft Outlook 2016. In the drop-down menu there are many options, however they are used according to individuals requirements. Such options allow us to better place the most frequently used features in the drop down menu to enhance the action and task handling.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Resume feature for Office Applications in Office for MAC and Windows

For almost 5 years, since Apple released Mac OS X Lion in July 2011, Mac users enjoyed "Resume" feature that enables applications to re-open in exactly the same state as before quitting the application or restarting the system, including window positions and contents of unsaved files.

Lack of the "Resume" feature is what makes me dread logging off and restarting Windows. Especially when I have multiple Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents open in different virtual desktops on two monitors - having to re-create this setup after the restart is really annoying.

I would suggest Microsoft implements this functionality in both…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. GPO Sync Slider settings

The current settings in the GPOs allow only a fixed cache period, which is now in Outlook 2016 more granular, what is great. But it woulod be beneficial to have two GPO settings regarding this:
    1. The time frame of caching in month (existing)
    2. If the user can change this within the defined time frame
    So for example the GPO fixes 12 month caching, but with the second option, the user could lower to 6 month, but not beyond the 12 month.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide an option or feature to disable KeyTips or ToolTips feature in Microsoft Outlook 2016

For multi-lingual teams, where communication flows in different languages, it is common to use Alt+Shift keystroke to change between written language.

At the same time desktop version of Outlook has KeyTips feature (tiny tooltips shown next to UI buttons and menus) which is also activated by Alt key.

Unfortunately, this KeyTip feature most of the type conflicts with the desire to switch the keyboard language.

When you try to be effective and type your email fast, in 80% of cases you activate KeyTips instead of changing language. If you keep typing you risk to trigger different actions, or loose emails.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable Contact Support, and Send a Smile, and Submit Feedback, and other feedback to all Office 365 subscription channels

The best way to prioritize and fix issues in MS applications is to freely allow all users to tell MS when things are broken, directly from the application - quickly and easily. Users should not have to go log on to some community to report an issue, they should not have to contact their office 365 administrator. Users should be able to send feedback and report issues everywhere, on every page and in every corner of the application Then MS will know what problems are affecting the most users and have a better handle on how frustrated the users are…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We need the scanning capabilities v upload preferences allowed per job basis

Need privileges to send photographs (edit scanner settings) to increase Maximum E-mail Size references on a per job basis if the job requires it for a successful upload into safety

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base