OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to print only selected text in an email in Microsoft Outlook 2016

An option to an email's contents and then only print the highlighted item in Microsoft Outlook 20106 would be beneficial. At present, you can only print the whole email.

103 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

28 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. outlook configuration sync across machines

Using Office 365 and desktop Outlook, sync the configuration of Outlook for any machine I run it on. Carry through Office 365 my Outlook settings for appearance (message header display, etc.) and client-side rules and folder expire policies. Also add calendar color sync function across devices and for all the protocols. Also t would be great to have a feature where Calendars could synchronized without having to send event invites to different Outlook accounts.

444 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Solution for Synchronization Problem - Possibility for manual matching of IMAP folders

The possibility to correct the matching of IMAP folders, like in Outlook 2007 should be added.

That means it should be possible to change the settings for the folders were the Sent and Deleted items should be stored.

This is a serious problem in the German Outlook version (17 votes in microsoft comunnity): Due to wrong matching the Synchronization does not work correct. E.g. Outlook stores the sent email in a folder named "Gesendete Elemente" (sent items) and the email provider expects "sent".

See discussion:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/office/forum/office_2016-outlook/outlook-2016-synchronisiert-imap-ordner-fehlerhaft/91e9041b-00f0-4dae-9b92-c3cbf0655b02

404 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make GIF's available for Outlook 2007 to 2016!

I can't see pictures, GIF's on my Outlook from 2007 to 2016. It'd be great for everyone to experience this awesome feature. Even Microsoft has use them and it's sad that I need to send it to other email clients to see it.

424 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

55 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Outlook 2016 sync issues

In Outlook 2016, I am missing 5 months worth of sent E-mails. The E-mails are there as can be seen in Outlook.com, however, they will not sync to Outlook 2016. Meanwhile, Outlook 2016 believes that sync is complete. Syncing between Outlook 2016 and Outlook.com seems generally unreliable and slow.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide a feature to launch Microsoft Office 365 Outlook Web App using a browser from the Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to launch Microsoft Office 365 Outlook Web App using a browser from the Microsoft Outlook 2016

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide Cross platform PST support for Outlook 2016 for Windows and MAC

Add the ability to Read/Write PST files from Outlook 2016 for Windows and for Mac.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. unread

Incorrect unread count on Inbox is still shown even if all mails have already been viewed and read.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show Icons in the Shortcuts Pane in Outlook 2016

Shortcuts Pane should show the item icons the same way the Folder Pane does. Trying to find an item is much faster with icon recognition than with reading.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Provide an option to truncate the email addresses when printing E-mails in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to truncate the email addresses when printing E-mails in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to save paper and cost involved.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide an option to automatically refresh the Unread emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to automatically refresh the Unread emails in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than toggling between Read and Unread emails to get the updated status about Unread emails.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add ability to horizontally resize and maximize send receive progress window in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Add ability to horizontally re-size and maximize send receive progress window in Microsoft Outlook 2016

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Option to print only first page for "chanined" long E-mails

When receiving a new E-mail which is a new comment to many older mails below it should be possible to print only the "new" first page. Each time (1) open the E-Mail (2) select print (3) select print only page 1 and than (4) click to print is very annoying.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More color options for icons in the Quick Access Toolbar

Icons in the Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) are now monochrome in Microsoft Outlook 2016. The custom icons which are colored are very limited in number. It would be nice to get Quick Access Toolbar icons in different colors.

Also, as someone with challenged vision, I find Outlook 2016 more difficult to see. I have had to turn on reading pane in order to zoom my emails so I can read them. But I really don’t like using reading pane. I have found a way to increase the font size in my emails list, which is helpful, but other than that,…

131 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. metered connection

Often Outlook (and Edge browser as well) will think I'm still on a metered connection after I've connected to WiFi. This usually keeps the apps offline even if I say it's ok to continue. Also provide proper sync on metered connection with Outlook 2016

Only rebooting the PC will help solve the problem.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

40 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adjust Outlook performance to handle super-delegate scenarios

Microsoft states that it has not tested delegate scenarios beyond a 1 to 4 ratio of delegate to managers, also known as the super-delegate scenario. Some guidance is provided on ways to handle super-delegate scenarios in this TechNet Blog post:

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/officeresourcekit/2012/12/17/recommendations-for-configuring-delegate-scenarios-in-outlook-2010/

Unfortunately, this post does not go far enough towards addressing a need to scale to larger delegate scenarios (think 1 to 40 or greater) and the performance hit to Outlook synchronization that is seen as the ratio increases.

In a super-delegate scenario, the delegate (or team of delegates) opening a manager’s mailbox will change day-to-day and as…

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow bcc field in print form for Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to view BCC field when trying to print mail or convert it to PDF in Microsoft Outlook 2016

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Option to Download Headers Only for IMAP in Outlook 2016

Option to make "Download Headers Only" available again for IMAP account in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Account Name in Navigation Pane does not preserve capitalization

When you change the account name in the Account Properties dialog, the account name shown in Navigation Pane does not display capitalization and shows lower case. The spelling is correct but the capitalisation used is not reflected in the Navigation Pane.

171 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

33 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. don't block shutdown if emptying the "deleted items" folder on exit is on

Please don't block Windows shutdown if the setting to empty the "deleted items" folder on exit is set.

Do select a sensible default instead. Based on how autosave is behaving in other office applications, I'd say go ahead and delete without asking. Alternatively, skip the folder cleanup on shutdown and just exit. Whatever you do, just don't stop the shutdown sequence.

This is one of the most frustrating things in Outlook for me, as this usually happens just as I want to shut down the laptop and rush to the train station (this is also the reason I usually don't…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base