OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. synchronisieren

wenn ich was am Server lösche hat das im Outlook gespeichert zu bleiben
    wegen dieser scheiß Funktion hab ich mir alle Mails gelöscht echt toll so ein scheiß ich bin echt sauer auf euer Programm die Konsequenz Outlook wird deinstalliert und ein anderes Programm kommt her

MfG Peter

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Change "Delete" and "Delete all" to "Delete folder" and "Delete all mail"

"Delete" and "Delete all" for deleting folder and mail in folder is terse and unclear, change it to "Delete folder" and "Delete all mail". Providing an option to delete emails in a particular folder by Date Range or Month Range would increase productivity. I have 276,640 emails dating back to 2006, Having a feature that would delete all emails from 2006 based on dates, would be great.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. In the new appointment window, make the Location button less prominent or allow it to be hidden

The Location button on the appointment window in Outlook 365's new Simplified UX is far more prominent than it used to be, and I have mistakenly clicked it numerous times the past few weeks instead of "Save & Close" which is further off to the side.

I frequently use appointments to time-box reminders for myself and so I can see my tasks in my calendar. These never need a location.

If I have an appointment that requires a location, 99% of the time this will actually be a meeting, and so I will use the meeting item for this purpose.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide a feature or an option to search when in the Outlook Options window in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Provide a feature or an option to search when in the Outlook Options window in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Adding a search bar when in settings would help as there are so many options, which is great! But finding something specific takes time.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Provide an option to be able to re-position the flag column like any other in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to be able to re-position the flag column like any other in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Keyboard ABNT2 (Brazil) + American keyboard shortcuts

If feasible, I'd like to merge the keyboard ABNT2 layout (Brazil) to the american shortcuts as "th", "nd", "rd" and "st". I have to reply some emails in Portuguese, others in English and everytime when I am writing in English, I have to change the language in the review section to turn on the "th" and similars - it's not so cool, it should format automatically, regardless the priority language, right? Is there something useful to quick set this on the Outlook?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. FONT

The font setting is not wokring properly in Office 365 for Mac. Everytime i change the default font on my replies, it does not save. But chaning the font preference on New and Plain Text the font will save. As soon as I reply to an email, the font goes back to the default (Calibri). Please fix this! It's really annoying having to change my font everytime I reply to an email!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow all new features to be personalized

New features that are in Outlook 2016 should be able to be disabled if not needed. Specifically the "Tell me what you want to do" tab. This feature is more annoying that helpful and there is apparently not an option to remove this tab from the ribbon.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. In folders view in email, allow users to use any .ico file for any folder. So user can more easily identify the folder desired to open

In folders view in email, allow users to use any .ico file for any folder. So user can more easily identify the folder desired to open

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. EXPLORER - it would be great to color code the files in Outlook 2016

It would be great to be able to color code the files so when I pull up Explorer, my eyes will go directly to the color I want. I would use it as a sorting/identifier tool.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make feature folders optional

Please Microsoft, make folders like Conversation history, Groups and RSS folders and Archive optional in Outlook 365!
    I have enough problems fitting in the folders I need for everyday use in the Folder Pane.
    • We’re not using Skype at all and have no intention to do so
    • We are a small company and don’t need any Group features
    • I don’t have any subscriptions or follow any blogs etc. that I need constantly updated through RSS.
    • We use regularly archiving to pst-files and have no use for an Archive folder.

We communicate daily with suppliers, customers and…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. copy lines from one email to another email

Provide an option to copy lines or paragraphs from an old email and past them in a new email.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to not Track formatting changes in track changes and automatic in journal in Outlook 2016

When using Track Changes, please provide an option where we can Turn Off or Disable tracking "formatting changes" permanently.

Most of us do not need or want to track formatting changes and it just gets in the way.

Also, please turn on automatic tracking of MS Office documents in Journal!!!! I’ve used this feature to prepare my weekly time sheets at my job. I don’t know what I’m going to do now.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Apply current views to other folders needs to work. Any new folders should automatically set to your master view layout.

Apply current views to other folders needs to work.
    Any new folders should automatically set to your master view layout.
    every time I create a new folder I have to stop and change the settings.
    I have selected all mailboxes and apply view to folders, and that doesn't always work either.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Multiple Choice Answer in CRM

Add a question/Column with multiple choices to answer in CRM

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a feature or an option to skip the auto-account setup in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature or an option to skip the auto-account setup in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Particularly when Outlook tries to search for existing email accounts. There really needs to be an option to completely bypass account setup and start Microsoft Outlook 2016 with no email(like in previous versions), and add email accounts and outlook data files later - manually.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

25 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Global settings for email folders in Outlook 2016

It would be very nice, and would save a lot of time, if there was a way to set email folder settings globally, instead of having to go to each and every folder and change the settings to what I want them to be.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Display account in Folder Pane when choosing inbox in Favorites Pane in Outlook 2016

I have few email accounts setup in outlook, each with multiple sub folders. So when accounts/folders are open, they obviously can't all be seen in the Folder Pane without scrolling up and down.

I have the inboxes to all my accounts showing in the favorites pane, but I would like outlook to automatically display the account of the account of the inbox I choose above in the favorites pane, in the folder pane. Therefore not making me have to scroll each time I'm in a different inbox.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base