OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Switch for multiple views

It will be better if we can save multiple views with different name and switch between whenever a different view is needed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Auto-generate a subject line specific to different signatures

There should be an option to designate a subject line specific to the signature you choose

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Quick step to add the recipients of a selected email to a distribution list. (in Contacts)

running rules to organize email sometimes depends on a distribution list. to add a recipient (or more) to a distribution list is still a manual process. ex" a particular task generates several participants to send emails, because I will only receive emails from them based on this task, a rule would move them to a folder created for the task via rule based on Distribution list. I could run two quick steps, 1 to add to task distribution , then 2 to move the current email or run a particular rule now. subsequent emails would move via the rule.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Categorize icon to appear when hovering over the email

Assigning a category to an email: Instead of right clicking an email to get to the "Categorize" menu, it would be handy, if a categorize icon appeared when hovering over the email, just like a To-do Flag currently appears when hovering. A normal left click would then bring up the list of categories.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Approval Mechanism with Digital Signature

Add a field to get approvals for many requests from multiple stakeholders and a way to track such emails

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Outlook application password when using 2FA

I have noticed that Outlook 365 app does not tell a user who uses 2 step authentication on the Outlook.com to get and provide the application password and not a password of the account the user tries to add to the Outlook 365 app.
    It took me two weeks to guess this. Please add some prechecking then adding accounts having such 2FA or at least give o pop up letting the user to know that if 2FA is being used, a password not from a web login has to be provided.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Re-install the Quick Print feature from the old Outlook. Unable to print incoming Attachment. Much needed.

Re-post Quick Print setting in '19 Outlook. Unable to print incoming Attachments; important.

I had posted this before.

Thank you.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Open-Close dropdown Folder

Let's say I've got a Folder on the side called "properties". This Folder now has folders inside from A to Z. Let's say I go to the "D" Folder and open it up. Inside this "D" Folder I have now folders that are in alphabetticall order with the streets on which the properties are on. I now put the new "Darvinstr." Email inside the "Darvinstr" Folder. Now Comes my Problem. I have to Close manually all These folders again to now be able to put the new email from "Pentastr." into its right place in "P". Is there not an…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The colour of the status bar shows connection status in Outlook 2016

The color of the status bar (as option) were dependent of connection status.
    For instant:
    connected - green
    disconnected - red/orange
    offline - yellow

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. allow me to choose ansd save the color for the Office Theme

Recently, MS Office decided to change the color scheme to Colorful - I have been using White color scheme for many years. I have tried to change it back to white many times. But, every time I exit and restart an application, it goes back to Colorful. Outlook should allow me to save it.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mute alerts from selected contacts or from individuals not in contacts.

The ability to mute alerts and notifications from specific individuals, conversations, or perhaps the ability to mute all notifications except selected individuals.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Avatar in Account information

I am missing my avatar in Office Outlook account information.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. In the new appointment window, make the Location button less prominent or allow it to be hidden

The Location button on the appointment window in Outlook 365's new Simplified UX is far more prominent than it used to be, and I have mistakenly clicked it numerous times the past few weeks instead of "Save & Close" which is further off to the side.

I frequently use appointments to time-box reminders for myself and so I can see my tasks in my calendar. These never need a location.

If I have an appointment that requires a location, 99% of the time this will actually be a meeting, and so I will use the meeting item for this purpose.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. comment modifier la taille des caractères

comment modifier le taille des caractères

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. For us boomers please provide a pure black (not grey) font on white background so we can read screen. I'm struggling to read the print.

I'm sure other Baby Boomers are having difficulties reading grey on white like I am. Not enough contract for aging eyes. Increasing font size only works on the messages but not where I file and organise messages. Seems like everything is designed these days for young folks with good vision. I can barely see this message as I type it because the print is so miniscule.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Default send Address for replies and new mails

I have a only receive Mailbox and every time when i reply to a message i must change the mail-address.

There should be a option to set a default send mail-address for new mails and replies. Add an option for allowing you to confirm the outgoing email account when using outlook for multiple email accounts.

There are addins for this function.
    I think this is a very crucial function and i don't want to install 3rd party add-ins because of this. Please add this as default function to Outlook 2016.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Enable Outlook as a Complication for Info graph Modular Apple Watch face.

Provide Outlook as a Complication on the Info graph Modular Apple Watch Face. Outlook is already available as a complication on the Modular Apple Watch Face, of which Info graph Modular is roughly v2 and takes advantage of new hardware.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Disable video Control for the participants in the PowerPoint presentation

When we add video in PowerPoint Presentation and share it in skype the participant has the control to play or stop the video. if you could make an option
    so that the only presenter has the full control of the video to play.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I absolutely hate the black pop-up boxes in lower right of the screen for meetings, connections, etc. Terribly disruptive!

Please provide a way to eliminate the black popup boxes in the lower right that give meeting reminders, email arrivals, connections, etc. Very disruptive to work.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base