OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to view junk mail sent to groups

I have several outlook groups which can be emailed from external senders. I would like to be a able to review the emails that are marked as junk by outlook but I don't see how that can be done.

There should be a way to review emails marked as junk so we can mark emails that are not junk as 'not junk'.

Apologies if this suggestion has landed in the wrong category. For context, here's my question in the forum that referred me here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook_com/forum/oemail-ocleanup/groupmail-where-can-i-view-junk-mail-sent-to-a/8fc11d58-4712-4c33-b201-a9d8a7b1c6c9

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a feature to sort Group Contact list (DL) in Microsoft Outlook 2016 using Company Name

Provide a feature to sort Group Contact list (Distribution List) in Microsoft Outlook 2016 using Company Name to track email communication more efficiently.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Provide a feature to move and email item to Group Conversation folder in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to move and email item to Group Conversation folder in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to get rid of the extra Distribution List folder that may be required otherwise.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Show me which DL I am part of on an email.

When I receive an email with multiple DL, Outlook should show me which DL I am part of that is causing me to receive that email. This will cut down on clutter by allowing me remove myself from that DL if I do not want to receive the email.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add count for contact group in Outlook 2016

We would like a count of members in a contact group.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Groups to sort and View using LastName, FirstName in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to Groups to sort and View emails using LastName, FirstName in Microsoft Outlook 2016

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Distribution Group Properties: Expand Owner list

. There is a need to be able to see the listing of multiple owners for Distribution/Security Groups within Outlook.
    Exchange provides the means to have multiple owners; So why can’t Outlook integrate the means to view it? Outlook can list the view of multiple members, so in theory it doesn’t seem impossible to implement a change via R&D. It could be tested, if while tested it doesn’t work at least it was tried, right? It seems as though the idea has been rejected via thought, and not testing.
    I know I have been fighting hard for this, but that…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hide Groups in Outlook

It would be nice to hide or remove the "Groups" on the left Tree in Outlook. And to also hide the Groups in the Address Book.

Note: We use Office 365 with AD Sync. We also use PowerBI Groups which created a whole load of groups. We don't want to see PowerBI groups in Outlook!!!

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Groups conversation inline thread reply layout

It would be so much better if the Office 365 group conversation layout were that of a thread with inline replies, for example, I sometimes want to insert a reply right under an other colleagues message, and not at the very bottom of the conversation.

That would make things much more helpful!

The Reply button should perform this function as at the moment it is misleading one into thinking that it will reply to the conversation thread when in fact it just replies to the user himself.

I had a rather embarrassing situation at work today because of this as…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. One Click to see all my Office 365 Groups

One Click Navigation to all my Groups
    I've started to use Office 365 Groups but its a little frustrating that I have to navigate down the left navigation to find my groups, then click on more to get to the one I want. Please create a landing page for all my groups that I can add to my favorites and then click to see all the of them

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Groups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Double click to open Group message

If the reading pane is off in Outlook you cannot open Modern Group messages. We would like to be able to double click on group messages to open them in a new window, similar how you can do with mail items.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add ability to filter/search on Group messages liked or not liked

In Outlook groups, you can like messages. It would be great if we could search/filter on messages that are liked or not liked.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Provide a feature to maintain and sync Skype groups with Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to maintain and sync Skype groups with Microsoft Outlook 2016. Synchronization of Skype for Business groups with Outlook Groups makes It easy to add people to group and manage in Skype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Please allow Groups to display in Outlook 2016 client when cached mode is disabled.

Please allow Groups to display in Outlook 2016 client when cached mode is disabled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. why does the chime still alert me to an email even though it goes to my filtered junk folder? Shouldn't the filter precede the chime

why does the chime still alert me to an email even though it goes to my filtered junk folder? Shouldn't the filter precede the chime

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. "ms-exch-co-managed-by-link"

In the address book with an Outlook-365 and less, the properties of a group show only the owner of the group "Managed-by" field of the active directory in a vector view but it is a single value. With Exchange server, another vector field is use for other owners "ms-Exch-Co-Managed-By-Link". Since Outllook 2003, that error still the same. The only way to see Owners of a group is in OWA options Group or modify the group Template in exchange server
    My need, show the value of the field "Ms-Exch-Co-Managed-By-Lind" in the group properties in the address book of Outlook and if…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a feature to find all groups with specific member

At the moment, there does not appear to be any method of finding what email groups a given contact is a member of.

This then causes issues if you need to change the contact's membership (eg if a person leaves an organisation and is replaced by someone else).

Deleting the contact just throws an error when you send an email to a group they were a member of; without knowing which contact no longer exists!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Show Attachments from External Senders in ProPlus installation

Currently attachments from external senders don't show in Group Conversations under a ProPlus installation, and in order to see them you must forward the email, and pull them from the new message window. This is an absurd requirement, and absolutely should be resolved. The issue is not present in click-to-run installations.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Provide a feature to enable safer deletion of emails in Groups and recovery as well in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to enable safer deletion of emails in Groups and recovery as well in Microsoft Outlook 2016 plus add a warning to let people know that they are deleting the ENTIRE group, not just one member.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base