OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to replace "Tell me what you want to do" with Help in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Option to replace "Tell me what you want to do" with Insert Picture or Help in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Or adding the option to remove "Tell me what you want to do" completely will be even better.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

29 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Options to create or arrange tasks in sequence.

Ability to sequence tasks in one (or both) of 2 ways:

(1) Manually order tasks in a folder, and have that order be synchronized across clients (including when viewing the same list in the iOS Reminders app.

(2) Daisy-chain tasks such that the status of one is Deferred until 1 or more prerequisite tasks are completed.

(3) Create a column for Prioritizing tasks. Sub Tasks as well to tie all together.
    Ability to show list in calendar view as well. Create column for this priority setting.
    List should show in daily calendar when opened up and ability to create

Also,…

111 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More options for Tasks in Hosted Exchange environment in Outlook 2016

We don't see any focus by Microsoft on the task functionality for years. Yes you acquired wunderlist but never integrated it into your proven business tools like Microsoft Outlook Client. Also I constantly have task sync issues where changes on one device don't sync to the other one even though using hosted exchange with the most recent version. In addition it is shocking to notice Microsoft dropped tasks functionality on Windows Phone 10. This is hard to believe in regards to it as a business tool. Now Android and iOS have much better exchange tasks support then Windows.

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option of using last location to save attachments from Microsoft Outlook 2016

When we right-click on an in-line image and select 'Save as Picture', we want the last used location to be shown for saving the image. Currently it reverts every time to the 'Pictures' folder. This is inconvenient. One can easily find the Pictures folder from the Navigation Pane on the left if they want to view pictures anyways.

50 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Option to Select a default view in tasks in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Allow user to select a specific task view as default when opening tasks in Outlook 2016. Currently the default appears to be "To-do".

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tasks, add a field project

Create a field project, with a pop-up menu with projects to select.

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Include how many hours a task required

In outlook.com, there is a drop-down menu to include approximately how much time a task will take/did take. This is something that my employer wants to use to see approximately how much time each project we do takes, but this option is nowhere in the downloadable program, only the website. This addition would be perfect for our company's needs.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option of displaying "Scheduled" Status or Customized status of an Event/Item/Task in Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016

An option of displaying a "Scheduled" Status in the Status Field of an Event/Item in Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016 would be beneficial.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Rule Option for Email Volume in Outlook 2016

A rule/message alert would be nice for when you get a certain number of emails a day that automatically get sorted into folders. For example:

• When a folder receives a certain number of emails in a day by rule.

• When a folder gets past a certain number of emails total.

• When someone sends you a certain number of emails a day.

• When a rule gets triggered a certain number of times in a day/week.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Notification on completion of Archive Process in Microsoft Outlook 2016

It would be nice to get an informative dialogue with "OK" informing about the completion of the Archive Process.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Tasks/Excel

My idea would consist of when and alert pops open reminding to review or work on a document, whether word or excel, that a button asking you if you would like to open that specific document is present within the pop up window alerting you to work on the document.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Flaggin Emails

When I flag an email to myself, it keeps changing it from a reminder to me to a reminder to the recipient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Re-think Tasks view

Present Tasks in a series of card-like elements. "Scrolling" through them will provide better focus on details and perhaps could be "stacked" to help set priorities

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a pop up which says "Are you sure you want to delete this task?" when clicking delete on a task

There is no way to recover these, and once sent to someone else it does not give you the option to save and close (for obvious reasons) but if you get very used to clicking save and close, and delete appears in its place, you have to then chase the other person to resend.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Provide a timeline view that shows each main task and child task in details categorized based on color in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a timeline view that shows each main task and child task in details categorized based on color in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Timeline view that show each main task and capability to view child task in details. Each task line colored based on nearest to the dateline e.g green, yellow and red.

Also, for those of us that like to time-block and change the color once a task is complete: Provide an option to change the category color of just one item in a reoccurring series vs. the entire series.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tasks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Folder/File system in Outlook 2016

Incoming emails move to existing Folder in Outlook trought a search engine which allready exists on the mobile app but not on the Notebook ablication.

This would be faster when I can say "move to ..." and Outlook gives me search Resultat about existing Folder with the Name.

This should be a Kind of tray System for incoming mails.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Choose who sees task reminders

For shared email addreses with mulitple users (eg Sales@businessname.co.nz), when creating follow up reminders you need to be able to select who will see the reminder. Otherwise if it pops up on someone elses PC and they click dismiss you don't see the reminder at all.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Make the update for Windows 10 (I updated on Nov,29th 2017) the outlook and power point work correctly. I think it would be a good idea. For

For instance: Power point: inserting slides from another file (Keep source formatting does not have an impact whatsoever ). Making an Email to a Task renders the Email unaccesible by saying " You do not have access". I ha ve never changed any access rights on my PC nor anybody else. Please make the basics work before you do anything new! How about that as an idea!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base