OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow multiple months in to to-do bar like in outlook 2010

Allow multiple months in the to-do bar like in Outlook 2010. Restricting it to a single month defeats the purpose of having it there.

1,445 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

459 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please make it possible to synchronize Gmail contacts and calendar

Please make it possible to synchronize Gmail contacts and calendar without 3rd party apps.
    Also, It should let you synchronize the google calendar and the contacts, but store it in the Gmail account not locally.

1,735 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

281 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. search reoccuring openings on calendar

The ability to search dates on a a calendar for a reoccurring meeting. My CEO wants to have a meeting on the same day/time every other week for 3 months. It would be nice to just have a search for whats available!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide an option to automatically create a meeting event in calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to automatically create meeting event in your calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dismiss meeting reminder warning

Currently when a meeting scheduled by someone else who sets a reminder for 1 day before, when clicking "dismiss all" it is entirely too easy to accidentally dismiss a reminder for a meeting that is further into the future.

An option should exist to "Warn before dismissing an appointment that is more than [number] [units of time] in the future."

If [number] is 4 and [units of time] is hours and you try to dismiss a meeting that is 4 hours and 1 second into the future outlook should warn you. For example, "One or more future meetings are beyond…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. let me block out time and then add appointments within that block

I want to set aside amounts of time for certain activities and then make appointments within that block. i.e. I want to allow two hours to meet my direct reports and then give them each 20 minutes within that block, but I don't want the block to get half the width of the calendar view column, with the actual appointments and their details squeezed into half the view. I want to add the 'sub-appointments'/'sub-meetings' within the block, almost full width of the column with plenty of detail showing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. How about a new FYI calendar event.

I would like to notify my team, and certain coworkers, about an upcoming event (out of office), with out a response request or even acceptance. Just want them to know ahead of time I will be out or away from the office. I would like it to show on their calendar so they can see it on the day. Give them THE choice to be notified or not.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add icon for "Jump to Date" in Calaenders Tab.

With this step people can change dates and go to dates with minimal efforts. Also this tab includes today's date so people can back to current date with single click only.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Meeting Acceptance Emails

Differentiate between Meeting Acceptance Email with user comments in the body and acceptance email with no comments

Please differentiate (may be via subject line) between
    1. when user accepts meeting invite by adding comments and
    2. when user adds no comments in the response.

This will help user to open those email where comments are included and not miss those. Currently there is really not way to tell than open each response. Having this differentiator will help boost productivity.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Create an option to add a count for yearly repeating dates/events.

It would be nice to add a count feature for yearly repeating dates like personal, wedding, employee, and business anniversaries.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. all day events

Fix the bug where all-day events slide back to the preceding day for arbitrary reasons.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide option to retain setting for "Show Only My Working Hours" in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for new appointments

Provide option to retain setting for "Show Only My Working Hours" in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for new appointments and meeting requests.

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide a feature to synchronize reminders in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to synchronize reminders in Microsoft Outlook 2016 so that when you open Outlook on a second device you don't get reminders for meetings you've already dismissed.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to display weekends / non-work days in alternate color or even hide them in Outlook 2016

To be able to designate a different background color for weekend (non-work) days so that's it's much easier to visually differentiate work days from non work days. Or provide an option to hide the weekends or non working days in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

Or please allow for shading weekends on month at a glance mode. Also, it would be helpful to have calendar months highlighted in contrasting color so that months are easily distinguishable.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide an option to create bi weekly events in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to create bi weekly events in Microsoft Outlook 2016

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. sunset

Sunrise-sunset calendar with moon phases, vital to so many engaged in various vital activities

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide ability to define Appointment keywords and include as a search option

With many different types of appointments (Committees, sub-committees, work related, personal, etc) I find the color categories make my calendar view messy and distracting. It's also confusing when there's more than 1 category assigned - only 1 color displays on my calendar's week view. I think being able to assign keywords to calendar appointments and being able either click a keywords folder or search to find all related keyword appointments would be extremely helpful. The user would need to be able to assign keywords defined just in their Outlook view including being able to add keyword(s) to meetings they have…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide an option to view appointment change history in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to view appointment change history in Microsoft Outlook 2016 for tracking purposes.

51 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Provide an option to show agenda item for details in Calendar when hovering over in Microsoft Outlook 2016

In versions of Outlook before 2016 there was the possibility to hover over an agenda item; this would reveal not only subject line and times but also the text field with further details of the appointment. In Outlook2016 I really miss this!

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base