OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Start appointments and meetings delayed

Since Januar 2019 we have the calendar options to end an appointment early. It would be nice to also delay the start time by e.g. 5 minutes.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include email attachments onto meeting invitations when using the "Reply with a Meeting" function.

It's inefficient to have to keep dragging attachments into meetings created in response to an email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Display warning prior to moving an appointment on calendar

Display a warning message prior to moving an appointment. This would help prevent appointments from being moved by accident.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add calendar view option to see *remaining* days in week only, hiding days that have elapsed

This would reduces the noise in the calendar view and hide low-value information (what already happened).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Calendar Meeting Info Lock or Permissons, and Read Only, no copy or paste of info.

Calendar Meeting Info Lock or Permissions Security. Read Only, no copy or paste of info. Have users that don't Accept meeting, they copy the info and some how create a new meeting invite of their own, that messes up the chain of invites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Julian Dates

Can you add the abililty to add julian dates at the bottom of the calendar.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Day Weather information to be aligned with the day of the week

Day Weather information to be aligned with the day of the week,
    for instant, in week view, under the day Monday have the weather information. currently its on its self on right hind side and most of the time people won't read the text they just look at the icon and the temprature, where it come very confusing when today (Friday) weather information displayed above saturday. hence why I have stopped looking at it.

best if we could display the Day Weather information aligned with the day of the week.

Thank you.
    Firas Zain

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Default duration for new appointments and meetings set to <var> minutes.

In Outlook for Windows: File-> Options-> Calendar. In Calendar options there is "Default duration for new appointments and meetings" value that could be set to 30 min, 1 hour, 1,5 hour and 2 hour.

An organisation have a need to decide themselves the duration of the new meeting by default. F.ex. 15, 45 (academic hours) or 50 minutes.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams invite info at the top of the message

When creating a Teams invite from an existing thread, the Teams info is appended (at the bottom). Not unfrequently, folks are not seeing that especially in long threads. I suggest the invite information (the link, ph#, etc.) be prepended (at the top).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide Calendar categories in Outlook App on Android

I need on my Smartphone the same Categories like on desktop computer. The Categories should be synchronized on the Smartphone as well.

107 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Create a pre-meeting for sender to provide data for meeting

When calendaring a meeting, sometimes you need a reminder 1 or 2 days before to provide certain data for a meeting. If a quarterly meeting is set, I would like a pre-meeting for prepare for meeting. (sender only)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create teams meeting for a duration like a classic meeting not all the day

Currently when we create a classic meeting on Outlook Desktop the during of this meeting is by default 30 minutes (options of Outlook) but when we create a Teams meeting it's for all day.
    It would be good if it cans use the same option like a classic meeting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Meeting cancellation prompt for cancelling overdue meetings/events in the Outlook desktop application

When the meeting organizer decides to cancel an overdue meeting from his calendar using the Outlook desktop application, the option to notify the attendees does not show/pop up and just automatically removes the event from the organizer's calendar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Create a calendar function so that I can send one email calendar invite with multiple meeting options, and the recipient can select only one

Create a calendar function so that I can send one email calendar invite with multiple meeting options, and the recipient can select one, a few, or all of the times. I frequently send out an email and say we will hold 4 sessions, please select one. Then send 4 meetings. It would be nice to only send 1 meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Meeting brake

During an all day meeting into a room I want to have the possibility to show that the room is not booked during lunch break so other people can use it if they need. Under "Appointment time" it would be good to have some box to check if you want to set a break time when room and invitees are not busy.
    This could be useful mostly for those recurring sprint planning meetings.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

With the Covid-19 crisis and working from home/away from the office it would be useful to have an option to send meeting reminders as an Alert on your device or provide a fwd email so it will link with your phone and remind of a meeting. Working at home I am multi-tasking even more so than at the office and when I step away from my laptop sometimes I miss reminders or get taken away from an upcoming meeting.

I also don't have a work…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Outlook Meeting Response Option of "INFORMATION ONLY"

Meetings as FYI Only -

Please add a fourth meeting response option such as "Information Only" which automatically responds "Decline" but leaves the meeting info on your calendar. The meeting response would also automatically show the calendar as "FREE" with "No Reminder". This allows the user to change their response without having to sift through deleted emails or respond tentative leaving others to guess as to your meeting participation when you have no intention of going at all.

457 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When right clicking on the invite in calendar there should be an option to copy all recipients e-mail addresses to clipboard

When right clicking on the invite in calendar there should be an option to copy all recipients e-mail addresses to clipboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Color day if there is an apoinment.

Now its getting bold if there is an appointment for hours.

If there is an day appoinment its not getting bold. But You have a good look to see if its bold

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Create a custom 45 min meeting Calendar template

I would like to be able to create a calendar entry for a 45 min that starts at 5 mins past the hour. This will allow participants in meetings that run long to have a few minutes before the next meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base