OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable an option to print multiple calendars in color all at once

If google and apple have figured out this solution why is it so hard for Microsoft to do this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. show day of week for the appoint in the When field

When you open a Calendar Invite from my inbox, the day of the week is shown at the top. However this is the day and date that the invite was sent.

eg: Fri 04/10/2019

The actual day of the week of the appointment is not shown on the "When" field. It shows just the date.

eg. When 11 October 2019 Location 5 John Doe St.

It would be great if the When field showed the day of the week too

eg. When Fri 11 October 2019 Location 5 John Doe St.

I have regular commitments that are always on the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. In calendar appointments, include leading and trailing buffer to allow for physically going to a meeting room

Colleagues might squeeze a 30 minute appointment in between 2 other meetings which are 30 minutes apart. You then have 3 adjacent appointments, which IN THEORY look fine. But IN PRACTICE:
    - Your first meeting might run out for 2 minutes
    - Your last meeting might require you to physically go to a meeting room in another building, taking you 6 minutes.

Currently I need to create additional 3minute-something appointments to insert some leeway, which I’d usually not take the time to do.
    It would be very useful if Outlook would allow for a "lead time" and "trail time" buffer…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. enable an option to approval status invitation

enable an option to approval status invitation for all meeting participants (current only for Host is possible this visualization)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When scheduling a recurring meeting give an option to schedule it on a specific working day, ie working day 3 of every month

When scheduling a recurring meeting give an option to schedule it on a specific working day, ie working day 3 of every month. The current option only allows you to chose the 3rd of each month but this may fall on a weekend.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Link emails and attachments to calendar entries - so that clicking on the calendar entry brings up the information pertinent to meeting

Link emails and attachments to specific calendar entries - so that clicking on the calendar entry brings up all the information received that will be pertinent to meeting or event - currently a user has to recall the existence of, and manually search for, everything that might be relevant to the meeting - very inefficient and time consuming.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Accepting or declining a meeting from the Calendar view should delete the invite from your Inbox

Accepting or declining a meeting from the Calendar view should delete the invite from your Inbox since you've 'actioned' it.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. outlook delay meeting invitation delivery

option to create a meeting invite, however delay sending the invitation until a specific date.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Editing Meeting Time

Let's say someone invites me to a meeting that runs from 09:00 to 17:00, but the only part of it that concerns me is from 13:00 to 13:30. I've always been able to edit the meeting time in my local copy, which was then reflected in my calendar and reminders. However as of yesterday's update to Outlook (Version 1905, Build 11629.20214) the meeting time is no longer editable.

I'd suggest reverting to the previous behaviour, allowing editing of the meeting start/end times.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. "Save and New" option when creating new appointments in Calendar

Having the option of "save and new" when creating an appointment in Calendar so when you have multiple appointments to create you can move from one to the next. Also include the ability to choose the calendar that you want the appointment to be scheduled in from the "new appointment" screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mark Complete and Archive Scheduled Task (remove reminders)

There should be one button that will mark any task complete and remove reminders throughout all linked Enterprise Applications. If we assign a task in Outlook, or assign a Task in Flow, the user should have a smooth one click option to close the item out, and archive it. If that already exists, but I need to change my settings, please send me a link to the "how to" page.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Option to set the "Initial Hour" to be displayed in Calendar, not only based on Working Hours.

Today, Calendar starts showing the appointments based on "Working Hours", for instance 8am-5pm. Provide an option we can set a display window like 7am-6pm, so that we can see a bit more before and after the regular hours.

We usually add reminders for special meetings / events just before the working hours, and Calendar today shows the calendar from the first hour defined in "Working Hour".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add stickers or graphics to calendar. Like on holidays or birthdays

Add holiday or birthday graphics or stickers to days of the year

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Outlook Calendar: Timeline and Time Zone

Two items I'd really like to see improved in the Outlook calendar:
    1) Timeline - this blue line should update throughout the day, even when the window is not enabled. Particularly for those of us using dual screens, the calendar is viewable and used as reference even if it's not the primary window. This has made me late for meetings.
    2) Time Zone - when someone on the East or West coast sends me an all-day meeting request, how is Outlook not smart enough to figure out the TZ differences and adjust accordingly? At a minimum, offer that option.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. go back to the old calendar style for saving and event - the new autosave just doesnt feel right

Go back to the older version scheduling function where the save button would appear and close out an event

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Calendar Location Categorization.

Improve ability to connect with colleagues who work remotely or from various campuses:

Allow organizations to custom create campus locations that employees can choose as "Working locations" include a generic HOME OFFICE location.

Also allow us to show meetings as "In Transit" for travel time so that face to face meetings cannot be booked.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. In "Family Calendar" share and make all appointments and tasks accessible to all members of the family automatically.

Dans "Family Calendar" partager et rendre tous les rendez-vous et tâches accessibles à tous les membres de la famille automatiquement.

In "Family Calendar" share and make all appointments and tasks accessible to all members of the family automatically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Separate calendar tab like Focused & Other

Like you have the focused and Other Tabs, we should have one for Calendar to show any missed out calendar invites and responses to them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assign days of the week with different colors

To be able to assign days of the week with different colors. For example Monday could always be red, Tuesdays could be blue etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow to show Calendar in Monthly View to have an option to display work week only no weekends.

Allow to show Calendar in Monthly View to have an option to display work week only no weekends.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base