OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. support left and right arrow keys in scheduling assistant

When in the Scheduling Assistant, I seem to instinctively try to use the right and left arrow keys to adjust the meeting time.

No such luck!

Please support the left and right arrow keys for adjusting the meeting time and duration.

Perhaps Shift+<arrow key> or Ctrl+<arrow key> could be used to extend or contract the duration, while the left or right arrow keys by themselves could change the start time.

It would be so much quicker!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Send Calendar via Email "Availability Only" should actually send only availability

Currently the "Availability Only" option inserts both available and unavailable times into the email, attaches an ICS file that contains only unavailable times, and inserts a calendar view of available days. Instead, it should insert only the available times into the email, and the ICS file should also contain items for the available times only. The calendar grid should not be included.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Please add "Quarterly" option to view Appointment in the Outlook Calendar

Please add "Quarterly" option to view Appointment in the Outlook 2016 Calendar.

Also, there should be recurrence pattern as 'Quarterly and Semi Annually" in appointment recurrence

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. meeting invitation right click on name

There used to be a feature when you right clicked on someone's name in a mail thread, one of the options was to create a meeting with just that person.

That feature went away in the latest update. Miss it a lot, takes me longer to look up their availability now.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Eliminar la hora del aviso cuando se elimina una cita

Sería conveniente que se eliminara automáticamente la hora del aviso cuando se elimina una cita, para que deje de aparecer el el listado de avisos de citas

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. calendar on todo pane

Return the option was in the past:
    When I click on a day in the calendar on todo pane, it's open the calendar in this day.
    Currently, it's change the display to this day, and not return to today, and after some time it's very compicate to see schedual for another day.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Make Outlook auto accept appointments when application is closed

MS Outlook have a auto accept function for incoming appointments.
    Make Outlook auto accept appointments when application is closed or at the application start.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide a feature to drag text from Word and other Microsoft products into Outlook

Provide a feature to drag text from Word and other Microsoft products into Microsoft Outlook 2016 calendar, email to either create an appointment or as body content.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow meeting attendees to see the acceptance/declined status for a meeting if you were not its Organize in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Allow meeting attendees to see all responses in Microsoft Outlook 2016.
    Like in Outlook desktop client you cannot see the acceptance status for a meeting if you were not its Organizer. So make it possible.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Calendar Tab

Provide a tab on the home page to bring up the calendar.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Dismiss meeting reminder when joining Skype for Business meeting

When Outlook pops up a reminder window for a SfB meeting and I click "Join Online", Outlook should be smart enough to that I have acknowledged the reminder and therefore wish it to be dismissed. Why do I need to go back to the reminder window and hit "Dismiss" after I have joined the meeting?

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Provide a feature to rename the default Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to rename the default Calendar in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as it is useful when we have multiple O365 accounts(private, company) and when working on a long term project, and we get an event from customers, all of them have the default calendar named 'calendar' making it easier to distinguish one from the other in a list.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Built in an "Outlook meeting wizard" which helps you to find the best option to set-up a meeting for many people to attend

Built in an "Outlook meeting wizard" which helps you to find the best option to arrange a meeting. When a lot of people are attending it is sometimes difficult to find the best option / and or free room

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Duplicate Meeting Option in Outlook 2016

Provide an option to duplicate a meeting from within the meeting / appointment. This is especially useful for meetings that are multi-locations, so they can create a meeting and provide a local meeting place without having to have the Owner add in all locations.

71 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Provide a feature to allow different view settings for side by side calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to allow different view settings for side by side calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016 like setting one Calendar in Week View and setting another Calendar in Month view. Additionally an option could be provided to set view scale buttons (which by the way would be awesome to have a 2 week view) for each calendar when displaying them in side by side mode instead of a global set on the toolbar. This would also allow you to set different time scales for each calendar - i.e. one which can be set to month view and one which…

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to pin all day events to the day of the event, regardless of timezone in Outlook 2016

Currently all day events are treated as regular events with a 24 hour duration, starting at midnight in the organizer's timezone. This makes them not be displayed as all-day events in the calendars of participants from different timezones. Please add an option that makes Outlook "pin" all day events to the day of the event, instead of treating them as 24-hour events and spilling over into next/previous days for participants in other timezones.

126 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. User control over events

Administrators often get flight confirmation events added to their calendars for those they book flights for. While they can turn off flight notification events its an all or nothing solution. They may want to accept some events but not others. It would be great to give the end user control before the event gets added to their calendar. This way they can accept only those events they want

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Provide a feature to make the calendar timeline move automatically with the currnet time in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to make the calendar timeline move automatically with the currnet time in Microsoft Outlook 2016

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Provide a feature to add a template for "Out of Office" message in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature to add a template for "Out of Office" message in Microsoft Outlook 2016 message that pulls data from the calendar.

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. when OOF is set, automatically supress reminders for meetings

I'm going on vacation for 3 weeks, I don't want reminders for meetings while I'm on vacation -- especially since I will be in a different time zone. I can select every meeting (or occurrence) and delete it or set the reminder to none, but new meetings and reminders will appear while I'm out ( and often while I'm asleep)

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base