OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Temporary calendar holds (automatically self-deleting appointments) in Outlook 2016

Coordinating calendars is an ongoing challenge (especially across companies or different exchange servers)

I just had another instance where I had offered up some meeting times 2 weeks ago, but because of the wide range of options I couldn't just hold all of those times on my calendar. They just got back to me, but now my calendar is all booked up at the time that was free weeks ago.

There may be an altogether better solution, but for now it would be nice if I could create placeholders on my calendar (say, 3 different one hour slots) and make…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Provide a feature to customize Calendar layout like minimize calendar and showing events on Calendar vertically in Microsoft Outlook 2016

The ability to minimize the calendar to-do bar, not just "x" it out. Then when minimized, show the next event on my calendar vertically.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Meeting attendee tracking in shared calendars in Outlook 2016

1) Schedule a meeting with human and resource (conf room) attendees.
    2) Use the room finder to find a conf room. Select a building with multiple rooms and pick one conf room in that building.
    3) Later, view the responses in the Tracking view of the meeting invitation.

Observe:
    * All conf rooms of the building, not just the one I selected, are shown on the list.
    * Attendees and conf rooms are mixed in the list.
    * For a building with 20 conf rooms (very common) it is really hard to tell how humans responded.

Expected: Keep this junk…

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. remove "this computer only" for calendars and contacts

let my calendar travel from one computer to another; I just purchased a new computer and since the default designation is this computer only the information did not travel and must be re-entered

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Granular controls on Auto-Accept meetings in Outlook 2016

The current selection of Auto-Accept options is limiting. I would like to see it expanded (possibly via rules to make it more for advanced users) to allow for the ability of Auto-processing invites that are:
    No Response Needed
    Show as Free Time
    Meeting Cancellations

From a particular user/set of users

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Provide an option to make Days with appointments in Calendar to show in bold font in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option to make days with appointments in Calendar to show in bold font in Microsoft Outlook 2016

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Calendar

When creating recurring meetings there needs to be a 5th week option. As it is now you can do recurring meetings for the 1st week to the 4th week and then there is a "last "option which is technically the 4th week anyway. Did your developers forget that some months have 5 weeks? One has to manually add meetings for the 5th week. Doesn't make a lot of sense. My idea is that you add a 5th week option and get rid of "last". It would make things a lot easier.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Send response notification to appointment forwarder

When an invitee A forwards a calendar item (especially one they don't own) to another person B, currently only the owner gets notified of the forward event and whether person B accepts or not. Would be GREAT if person A also gets notified.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Have outlook automatically send a calendar summary on select days.

One of the biggest hassles managing high level staff, elected officials etc... is getting them to look at their schedule the for the week ahead.

I can't imagine it would be that hard to set up outlook so that I could chose a day and time. 12:00 Sunday for example, to get an automatic summary of the tings on my calendar for the next week. And on the last day of the month I could get the next months calendar.

If we get really ambitious it would be amazing to have it automatically printed as well so that all someone…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Calendar recipient reminder with IMAP

In MS Outlook 365, 2013 and 2016, isn't possible edit marks for reminds recipient in a calendar item, if i'm using a IMAP account. But this funccion works perfectly in version 2010 or erlier version.
    I think the current versions should be keep important funcions, and not exclude.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. in month view - move horizontal lines

In the month view of my calendar - I would like to see 'adjustable' horizontal lines - I would be able to move them up and down - to adjust how much of the daily calendar I want to see.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make 'today' stand out more in the calendar

I don't like the way 'today' is highlighted in the calendar in Outlook Outlook 2016: a thin line at the top of the day, in the same color as the calendar. It's hard to see and blends in with appointments that are not categorized.

Add an option to overlay color on the today's column of today's events.

Or when clicking on the calendar, it would be nice if TODAY was at the top of month view, not the bottom. I want to see the next coming days of schedules, not the past without having to scroll every time.

772 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

172 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thank you for providing a clear signal that we should improve how we highlight “Today” on the calendar.

We are planning to make this update in Outlook for Office 365 subscribers. We will post a subsequent status update when this is available for you to use in Outlook.

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please do keep making suggestions and voting on others’ suggestions to help us improve the product.

Thanks,
    Jenn

15. appointment template for description

Whenever I create a new appointment in my calender, I would like to have a drop down menu where my custom templates for appoints can be selected. This should work like choosing a signature in mail.

Benefit: I have many meetings which have agendas in the appointment. My template would be like:

"Dear all,

this is the agenda for today's meeting
    - (to be filled)
    -

Regards
    T.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Create repeated events that do not have a regular frequency by choosing multiple dates in the calendar

Create repeated events that do not have a regular frequency by choosing multiple dates in the calendar

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Refresh Button for Outlook 2016 Calendar

Outlook 2016 should have a "refresh icon" on the calendar. Having to close the entire application when a change is made to the application itself to ensure that the change has taken is VERY backwards And time consuming for business owners and personal users alike.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. days count

Outlook calendar now displays number of "items" in selected days at the bottom of the screen. How about also displaying number of days selected as well. This would make it easy to get a count of days rather than having to manually count them.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cut and paste follow-up appointmenst or paste them to other accounts

It would be awesome to cut and paste similar appointments to other dates and or other calendars. Especially if the main info is the same just a new date.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Room Finder Calendar is tiny on high-res screen

I have a 2560x1440 screen and I have to set the Windows setting to zoom 175% to keey everything a reasonable size. However, in Room Finder (from a new calendar invite), the calendar displayed is TINY.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base