OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide meeting-finder feature for a bunch of availability request (aka doodle-feature ;)

Please implement a feature to send participants a choice of different appointment availability time frames. So far external tools like Doodle are needed. Why not implement directly a smart solution into Outlook?

Offer the requesting user, to choose different dates and times, to add them up into one request to participants. (similiar to your series function already, just to choose a bunch of flexibel dates instead of just serial behavior)

the participants then should get all requested dates into their calendars (shown like non answered- dates yet) - when opening the request (no matter which of the single ones), offer…

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Switching meeting organizers when selecting reply with meeting from an e-mail.

The biggest pain point with scheduling meetings on the fly is not being able to change the meeting organizer if I select "reply with meeting" from an e-mail. I am an Executive Assistant to Executives around the globe, so scheduling meetings on their behalf becomes complex when I cannot easily switch back and forth.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have option to revert meeting "Title" field to its old area when creating new meeting.

Since the latest update new email and new meeting are not consistent as to where we write the Title or Subject. It would be better to have the field in the same area as it was before.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Start outlook in calendar overlay mode with multiple calenders selected (timemanagement!)

1. Starting outlook with your calendar screen first (instead of your inbox) -> this is possible and can be set via menu: file - options-advanced)

2. However, I use multiple O365 accounts with multiple calendars. There is a nice option in outlook called overlay to see these calendars at once (where each calendar has its own color on top of each other). Now outlook doesn't save which calendars are ticked to show in the overlay mode and only starts with the calendars of the account you selected in step 1. So every time I want to start outlook in the calendar mode…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Bring back the display of the date and time of when the invite was originally scheduled

When you opened the calendar it used to display who sent the invite as well as the date and time it was sent, now it only shows the last time it was modified. The only way to find out when it was originally sent is by digging through emails and finding the email with the calendar invite and seeing when the email was sent.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Ability to schedule reoccuring meetings for two specific parts of the month in just one meeting invite.

Ability to schedule reoccuring meetings for two specific parts of the month in just one meeting invite. (i.e. 1st & 3rd Thursday of each month or 2nd & 4th Monday) Currently, its only possible to schedule one day of the month in a reoccurring invite.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. enable recurring meetings to automatically show availability of attendees for each meeting

1. to show availability of meeting attendees across all proposed recurring meetings.
      2 . automatically suggest necessary meetings be moved to enable attendance

2. suggest new time for recurring meetings to reduce conflicts on specific repeats.

3. add "delegate to" button to meeting invite to swap attendee with meeting organiser

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Option to "postpone" meetings

I would love to have the option to be able to "postpone" or put a meeting "on hold". We just had to cancel an upcoming event/meeting due to an injury but hope to reschedule in a few months time. It would be easier to be able to put it on hold or label as postponed until we find a new date rather than having to cancel completely and start from scratch with the attendees/invite list.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. show suggested meeting times; it has disappeared and "room finder" does not include it.

show suggested meeting times; it has disappeared and "room finder" does not include it. maybe a bug with current version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Appointment History and downloadable attendance register

Each appointment could maintain a history of declines, postponements and changes, which could be downloadable as a csv file for reference as an attendance register / meeting history.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Color change between months in calendar

Previously the calendar color would change slightly between each month making it easy to spot the the first day of the proceeding month or vice versa. Please bring this back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. A series of recurring past appointments should not be changed just because I change the end date or the number of appointments.

Calendar is always full of recurring appointments. Often my clients need to change a single appointment to another day or to cancel it completely. They nearly always have a set amount of weeks in which their training lasts. Therefore, if a lesson is cancelled in advance, the total amount of appointments must remain the same but only the end date changes. Whenever I try to change the end date, the whole series must be reset and then past changes (such as changing a single appointment from a Tuesday to a Thursday) will be lost. Also, if I need to change…

415 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. For those of us who travel a lot, provide a feature to fix the time zones on specific days.

When I'm in my home time zone, I'd like to be able to see my meetings during an upcoming trip in the time zone of the meeting location.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can we have a button that automatically finds the next free time slot for all selected invitees?

A button to automatically find the next time slot that is available and free for all meeting invitees.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add calendar status to indicate immovable vs. moveable meetings/appointments

For many people there are two types of meetings/appointments that both show as busy today:

1. Items that can easily be moved as-needed (e.g. some 1:1s. meetings with a small number of attendees within the same team, time blocked for a specific activity that can be done at another time, etc...) A tentative status typically doesn't for these items since the time really is for a committed appointment/meeting, it's just that it's moveable if needed.

2. Meetings that are not easily moved (e.g. a meeting with a skip-level manager or key customer, a meeting with a lot of people that are difficult…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Having a sub meeting request option

I have a department meeting where multiple people from different team join. So its better to send meeting request to the people who need to attend the complete meeting and sub meeting mail to specific teams who need to attend in respective time slots. This will be helpful in sending single meeting request rather than multiple mails.
    EX: I have meeting of 1hour in which PersonA, PersonB needed for complete session. TeamA needed only for 0-15th minute, TeamB needed only for 15-30th minute, TeamC needed only for 30-45th minute, TeamD needed only for 45-60th minute. Option to send Meeting request…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add filter to RoomFinder in Calendar similar to OWA

Please to add the possibility to search for the rooms in New meeting requests according to selected criteria, as already exists in OWA:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/exchange-team-blog/easier-room-booking-in-outlook-on-the-web/ba-p/743349

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Enable a default meeting notice setting (e.g. have meeting end either at :25 or :55)

Enable default calendar settings so all of the meetings i schedule can end 5 min before the hour or half hour so people have time to transition, think and function during a busy workday!

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Itinerary for Meetings - Each itinerary item acts as its own meeting

We have a use case that may not be unique. Large meetings that require different attendees at different times. It would be awesome to create a single day-long meeting, then be able to carve out an itinerary within that that creates separate meetings with their own invite list. This would allow a single zoom/skype/webex to be scheduled, but be able to send out independent time slots to different users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base