OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow meeting attendees to add notes to the calendar invite for all to see so that we can build an agenda

Allow meeting attendees to add notes to the calendar invite for all to see so that we can build an agenda collaboratively

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatically add signatures to invitations

Like new messages and replies, have the option to include a signature to meeting invitations automatically.

52 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. When viewing calendars in Overlay Mode, show entries that are the same on multiple calendars as one entry instead of side-by-side

When viewing calendars in Overlay mode, all entries are slways shown side-by-side. This is not optimal for entries that are the same in multiple calendars because the same Information is displayed multiple times and is truncated.

Example 1: I have two accounts, one from my employer and one from our client. I need to maintain both calendars, so on all appointments I'm invited with both accounts.

Example 2: I need to coordinate meetings with other people. Many meetings are with these people anyway. With five or ten meetings displayed side-by-side I can't see any detailed Information about these meetings and…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Set minimum number of meeting invitees required to book a meeting room

Set minimum number of meeting participants required to book specific meeting rooms to avoid small groups taking up large meeting rooms

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show Non-Work Hours as Out of Office

Please provide the option to show non-work hours as out of office. Presently, setting work hours only serves to slightly darken non-work hours when someone is scheduling a meeting, often resulting in non-work hours not being seen or honored. The only work-around is to create a personal recurring meeting set as out of office, which is functional, but distracting and intrusive to always see. Having the option to show non-work hours as out of office would be a far more elegant and functional solution.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Location should allow to select a place on the map

I would like to have the option to set a point in the map in the location field.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. To replicate Meeting invites

A quick action button that would replicate an existing meeting in my calendar and pop up a newly created meeting creation window but with all the parameters of the replicated meeting initation. Would be immensly useful. Then the user can adjust it if neeed and post the meeting invitation accordingly.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Provide a feature to open all the Calendars in New Window, currently other calendars get unchecked apart from default calendar.

When you right click on the calendar option in the navigation pane and select "open in new window" option, all the calendars that were checked in the calendar view get unchecked in the new window, only the default calendar will be checked and it opens. it should allow us to select all the calendars and open all of them in New Window by right clicking.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Family Calendars cannot be updated from Outlook Desktop

Using Outlook 2016 for Windows, I cannot add or update events to my Outlook.com family calendar.

238 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Outlook team is working on this update. We will add support for adding and updating events on family calendars as part of an overall improvement to shared calendars in Outlook.

We will post a subsequent status update when the shared calendar improvements are available for you to use in Outlook. Our current ETA is to begin releasing to subscription customers who are using Outlook 2016 this summer (July 2018).

10. Show name of Calendar in Event Details

When I'm typing Details for a New Event, sometimes I forget which Calendar I'm in, and I don't see anywhere that tells me the Name of the Calendar I'm in....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Publish a Team's availability

In Outlook, you can view a teams calendar in one view, but we want something that can be published to MS Teams or a webpage, that shows everyone's availability, travel, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Update the occurrance feature to be able to create occurrence based off another occurrence.

You can create re-occurrences in your calendar based off simple rules provided, but there is no rule to create an occurrence based off another. So like if you have a meeting every second Thursday of the month, you can't create a meeting or an appointment based on that meeting that happens on that second Thursday. Like if you want to create a meeting on that Monday that the Second Thursday falls in.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide a feature or option to assign colors to Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

This is not for the "categories" for color-coding each entry... those haven't really changed, and although I would love more color options, it works. BUT, I'm really sad that the new "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016" Outlook calendar color options have been severely reduced and honestly folks, these colors are sad. Get rid of pink. Forever. Or make it the 30th choice. So hard to look at. We need more than 9 options... I regularly have far more than 9 calendars open and need to be able to quickly differentiate. It is nice that you can now dedicate a specific…

298 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

51 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. automatic time zone conversions for each meeting attendee

Outlook should allow you to enter each attendee’s time zone when you add them to an invite, then automatically convert to one standard time zone to make meeting planning easier. If you add an existing contact it should obviously be preset.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Appointment item icon to indicate whether required meeting participants accepted when looking at multi-day, week, or month view

How often do we join a meeting only to find out not all the required attendees accepted? "Let me see if XX accepted...oops, looks like no response. I will try to ping him/her, otherwise we reschedule."

With full calendars, no one is going to sit there and check them one at a time on a daily basis. This could easily be solved by a simple icon on the appointment item "pill" indicating whether the meeting is "viable" or not. A user could then take action, like prompting required attendees or rescheduling.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Printing the calendar

Allow when printing the calendar in workweek form to be printed horizontally or vertically as it did before the recent update.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to have Fiscal Months in outlook and excel. We operate a 4 week, 4 week & 5 week quarter.

Fiscal Months in outlook and excel. We operate a 4 week, 4 week & 5 week quarter.
    Allow to reoccur by fiscal month in outlook. In excel identify day of fiscal month.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Show that appointment was kept, no show, or rescheduled on Calendar.

On the calendar give the options of , no show, rescheduled, and kept. This will allow those who use the calendar to set patient or client appt. to keep up with client/patient compliance with appointments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)