OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a feature wherein Meeting Appointments or Meetings should pass a None reminder time as None.

When an Appointment or Meeting is sent, the sender has the option to set the Reminder time. By default it's 15 minutes, unless it's an all day event where it's 0.5 days (in Office 2016 at least, I believe this has changed a few times depending what Office version is in use).

When 'None' is used, it doesn't actually send 'None', it uses the recipient's default reminder time, which is 15 minutes.

There is currently no way to send someone a meeting request with no reminder. Worse off, people think the 'None' option works, so they use that and then…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to copy paste recurring appointments into a calendar

Possibility to copy paste recurring appointments in a calendar to avoid having everything to re-enter

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable Bold, Italics in Calendar Subject/Location lines

Enable Bold, Italics in Subject Line/Location on Calendar

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Swap timezones Button in Outlook Calendar - Can you please put it back

The Swap Timezones in Outlook calendar has disappeared.
    Can you please put it back again?
    Executive Assistants who work with Global Timezones really need this - I need it on a daily basis.
    Thanks !

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Enable a default meeting notice setting (e.g. have meeting end either at :25 or :55)

Enable default calendar settings so all of the meetings i schedule can end 5 min before the hour or half hour so people have time to transition, think and function during a busy workday!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Start outlook in calendar overlay mode with multiple calenders selected (timemanagement!)

1. Starting outlook with your calendar screen first (instead of your inbox) -> this is possible and can be set via menu: file - options-advanced)

2. However, I use multiple O365 accounts with multiple calendars. There is a nice option in outlook called overlay to see these calendars at once (where each calendar has its own color on top of each other). Now outlook doesn't save which calendars are ticked to show in the overlay mode and only starts with the calendars of the account you selected in step 1. So every time I want to start outlook in the calendar mode…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When a meeting changes time and date, have the 'Calendar' view show old and new

Meetings get moved. A meeting on Monday, is moved to Wednesday. I'm a graphical thinker. A 'new time and date', followed by a 'crossed out time and date' makes no impact for my memory: I need to see it.

You have a feature which allows me to see the meeting in the Calendar. I would like it to show the 'change of meeting date and time', when a meeting date and time is changed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. BRING BACK CATEGORIES OPTION to 365 Update

After the recent 365 Update, it seems the Categories Option (with different colors) is not available for Calendar Events/meetings. Please bring it back!!!! Right away!!!

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. incorporate business day into recurring events

Working in Finance, we have many activities based on the close cycle, business day 1 being the first work day of the new month. I would like to be able to set up recurring events in the Calendar based on the business day. For example, I have an activity that occurs every business day 4. If the first day of the month is on a Saturday, the current recurring calendar will set up that event on Tuesday, the 2nd business day of the month. I imagine people working in Finance would get similar value.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Exporting appointments from Excel to Outlook Calendar with required attendees.

Not able to import " required attendees" in appointments from Excel to Outlook Calendar (via a CSV file) Everything works well except required attendees. When I put in attendee's emails they are not loaded into the Outlook Calendar. I want to have attendees listed in each appointmentas well as having outlook send the appointment request to the required attendee, though I am not sure the appointment request is a possibility and would save me time!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. provide a feature in Outlook calendar where reading pane shows details of individual recurring events

provide a feature in Outlook calendar where reading pane shows details of individual recurring events

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Please add the name of the person creating a calendar event.

It would be helpful to see who has arranged an appointment in a shared calendar so any questions could be referred to the appointee.
    This was a feature in earlier outlook versions!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Julian Dates

Can you add the abililty to add julian dates at the bottom of the calendar.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Option to reply to an email with a calendar appointment

Option to reply to an email with a calendar appointment

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Closing Calendar Appointment with no changes

Almost every time I close a calendar appointment, Outlook asks if I want to save my changes. There were no changes made to the appointment. How about Outlook doesn't ask to save changes when there were NO CHANGES made by the end user. This has been going on for YEARS. Please fix it.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. On the calendar, in the Daily View, Work Week View, and Week View there is a blue horizontal line to indicate the current time. I'd like to

On the calendar, in the Daily View, Work Week View, and Week View there is a blue horizontal line to indicate the current time. In the two weekly views, I'd like to suggest that the line be darker in the middle when the line crosses the current day of the week. This would help emphasize the current day of the week and make finding 'now' much easier.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow you to change the size as well as the background color of appointments in the calendar

Allow you to change the size as well as the background color of each appointment in the calendar (allow multiple colors on the same calendar)

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please add the calendar option

Please add the calendar option

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Appointments / Meetings - Group attendees according to their attendance

When I set up an apppointment and want to track which people accepted, declined, and so on... it's already possible to see that when opening the appointment and checking the status.

But unfortunately there is no option like in an Excel table, that I can group the attendees accroding to the status "accepted, declined, no reply" or other.

It would be great, if this is possible.
    Cause with this information, is much more easy to find out how many people accepted, declined or didn't replied. Especially for big appointments with 10 attendees or more, this would be a great feature.…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base