OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Accepting a meeting invitation with only one click

When I receive a meeting invitation I’d like to accept this with just one click.
    At the moment I can click on accept – but then I have to choose further between 3 options how I want to send the answer for the acceptance
    (in German:
    - Antwort vor dem Senden bearbeiten
    - Antwort jetzt senden
    - Keine Antwort senden

So this means 2 clicks.
    would be nice if a default answer type in the Option could be set.
    Thank you & BR
    Jennifer

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Accept hyperlinks and phone numbers for calendar meeting locations

I have so many Zoom/Webex/Teams meetings now, it would be very handy if i could just copy a webpage address or phone number into a location for an online meeting. that would allow me to just click location and connect to the website.

simple fix with big impacts in a COVID world

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add calendar status to indicate immovable vs. moveable meetings/appointments

For many people there are two types of meetings/appointments that both show as busy today:

1. Items that can easily be moved as-needed (e.g. some 1:1s. meetings with a small number of attendees within the same team, time blocked for a specific activity that can be done at another time, etc...) A tentative status typically doesn't for these items since the time really is for a committed appointment/meeting, it's just that it's moveable if needed.

2. Meetings that are not easily moved (e.g. a meeting with a skip-level manager or key customer, a meeting with a lot of people that are difficult…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Final Recurring Event Confirmation/Extension Prompt

On the final day of a recurring event (for example, a daily reminder to perform a backup), it would be nice to be prompted at the scheduled time for Calendar to say something like "This is your final recurring event. Do you want to extend this recurrence?"

I have had situations where I have set recurring events for a certain time period, and then forgotten all about them because I was no longer prompted after the expiration period had completed - if that makes sense?

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add feature to give a status or mark to days/hours, e.g. to indicate working at home. Could be done with colors.

Add feature in Agenda to give a status or mark to days/hours, e.g. to indicate working at home. Could be done with colors.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. in outlook desktop, add the possibility to delete and refuse all meetings during holidays (like in outlook online)

in outlook desktop, add the possibility to delete and refuse all meetings during holidays (like in outlook online)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Show the weekday in meeting invitations

When receiving a meeting invite, the time, date, month and year is shown. But the weekday is not. And there doesn't seem to be a way to easily see this (hovering over the date, or changing a view setting) without opening a calendar. It would be good for the meeting invite to show which day of the week the invite is for, or allow you to 'hover' over the date to show the day.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Increase the number of color options in the Outlook Calendar palette from 9 to 16-25, increase contrast, and allow user editing of colors.

I find that I cannot change the color of agenda items or calendar items for my email accounts in Microsoft Outlook. I use various Android apps on my tablet and phone, that allow me to show Agenda items and Calendar items. If I use gmail, I can easily select a color, whereas with Outlook accounts I cannot change the color to suit my preferences. Also provide an option or feature to set different events with different colors in Calendar as well as in Categories in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

1,653 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

209 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Automatically decline invites without automatically accepting invites

Automatically decline invites which are in conflict with another meeting without automatically accepting invites

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I love the next 7 days feature, could it be modified to the next 7 working days?

Could "Next 7 Days" Feature be modified to "Next 7 Working Days" or choice of either?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

Provide option to have meeting reminder alert on a mobile device via text (phone number)

With the Covid-19 crisis and working from home/away from the office it would be useful to have an option to send meeting reminders as an Alert on your device or provide a fwd email so it will link with your phone and remind of a meeting. Working at home I am multi-tasking even more so than at the office and when I step away from my laptop sometimes I miss reminders or get taken away from an upcoming meeting.

I also don't have a work…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Highlight organised meetings that have a declined or not responded attendee

Highlight organised meetings that have a declined or not responded attendee. This would enable a quick glance across your week to see if you need to follow up any required attendees.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Week numbers should be configurable to allow them to start based on financial, fiscal or school years

Week numbers should be configurable to allow them to start based on financial, fiscal or school years, especially as these may fall at different times depending on your country

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to send invites to new attendees only

Where I add attendees to a meeting request, I want to send the invite to ONLY them and not resend it to all the attendees previously invited (previous functionality "send update only")

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Automatically copy meeting request forwarders

When someone forwards a meeting request, provide an option for the person who forwarded it to be automatically copied in responses (accept/tentative/decline) as well as the original meeting organizer.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. On enter name in appointment lookup details in contacts

On entering a name in an appointment it should popup matching people details from contacts. EG Call fred - should show all 'fred' telephone/email details to add to the appointment

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Next day's meetings' lists at the end of the each work day

It would be good for us to have an option get an email or another notification showing the meetings of the next day at the end of the each work day

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Automated email reminder sent to attendees for Outlook Calendar appointments.

Automated email reminder sent to attendees for Outlook Calendar appointments to ensure that the recipients remember that they have an appointment coming up within a certain time frame. 24-48 hours before designated time.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Provide an option or feature to Hide and un hide Recurring Meetings in Microsoft Outlook.

When Recurring meetings start to fill the calendar, being able to toggle "show/hide Recurring meetings" as well as "show/hide tentative meetings" would be a great help.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Meeting push reminder issued by the the person holding the meeting.

Many people notice the meeting reminder at the 15 minute mark, and still continues to work forgetting there still is a meeting. The owner of the meeting can click the push reminder to notify everyone invited of the meeting.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base