OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable an option to display declined meetings

Enable an option to display declined meetings in teh calendar (in settings). Often initially one is not available for a meeting, but then due to changes of schedule might be able to join, but since that meeting is not displayed in calendar, simply forgets about that. I found that option very helpful in Google mail that we used up to now in the company.

5,910 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

399 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello all,

While this request is being reviewed for future consideration please try this workaround solution:

• Click on the Deleted Items Folder
    • Click on View tab on the command bar
    • Choose “Change View – Manage View” command on the command bar
    • Click “New” in the right to create a new
    • Name the view “Calendar”
    • Pick the Day/Week/Month “type of view”
    • Click OK. Now you should get dialog that lets you customize the view.
    • Now click on Columns –
    Change the select available fields in bottom-left to All Appointments Fields
    Select the “Start” field on the left and Click Start → on the right.
    Select the “End” field on the left and Click End → on the right.
    Click OK
    • Click on Filter…
    Click on the “Advanced Tab”
    Click on the Field Drop Down – All Mails Field – “Message Class”
    You…

2. Bcc Functionality for ZOOM invitations

Outlook needs to have Bcc functionality for ZOOM invitations. if I want to send a mass invitation out without losing ZOOM's full functionality I cannot do so without sharing everyone's email addresses in a public way. It's 2020 and this application functions like its in Vista.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Automatically block of 15 minutes before and after each meeting

It is my manual task to always block some time before and after meetings, lot's of extra clicking in Outlook. I would love to see a feature or someone explain to me how I can tell Outlook, to by default make my meetings appear to start 15 minutes earlier and stop 15 minutes later, than they actually do, so no one can book back to back through my entire schedule.

247 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Different Timing per Attendee within One Calendar Invite

IDEA: Be able in the "Scheduling assistant" option of Outlook calendar invites to adapt start and end time per attendee ==> Outlook invite will then be sent with the same content for all attendees but only block the exact hours in their calendar!

Background:
    My outlook agenda can end up messy due to many corporate meetings where I only need to join part of the session. I end up with big invites in the calendar (multiple hours) and need to manually click the invites to see at what time I'm expected to join. Reminder of the meeting is sent for…

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add BCC, CC as well as FYI field to meeting requests in Outlook 2016

I would like the option to send meetings requests with BCC, CC so all information about all invitees is not shared with everyone that is invited

Also, Outlook calendar entries need BCC, CC – without showing these and need to extend them to Skype as well as Microsoft Teams Meetings.

4,934 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

507 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bulk-modify only future events of a recurring calendar event (i.e. "archive"/"freeze" past events).

It is helpful to have a record of past events/meeting as they happened.
    Currently, modifying a recurring event (e.g. moving a team meeting from Tuesdays to Thursdays) will change all occurrences, past and future, which means the record of previous events is lost/not accurate.
    When modifying a recurring event, users usually want to implement a change "from now on", so at the very least they should be given the option to modify (a) single event, (b) future occurrences, (c) all occurrences.
    See Google calendar for implementation.

135 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The ability to have an email reminder for a calendar event

Be able to set an email reminder for an event in your calendar

130 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Contact ONLY Individuals who have not replied to a meeting request

You should be able to (under tracking) easily email or reach out to those who have not responded to an outlook invite to a meeting request. The only way I see it can be done now, is to hand extract those individuals and resend a new meeting request.

948 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

34 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change ownership of calendar event in Outlook 2016

Sometimes the owner of a meeting (or, more often, meeting series) is on vacation or changes jobs; it would be nice if they could assign ownership of an instance (for vacation) or the full series (for job changes) to someone else. Also provide an option to create a meeting on someone's behalf without being included in the meeting.

3,218 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

311 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Follow-up meeting button

Create an option for quickly generating follow-up meetings that let a facilitator schedule a new meeting in the future with the same information as the old meeting. It could prompt for a location, time, and date update while retaining the previous meeting's content like an email thread.
    Thanks for considering!

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

379 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Option to cancel some meetings in a recurring invite

Whenever we cancel a recurring meeting , each time it as "only this meeting " or whole series.

It would be good to have an option where it allows us to select some number of meeting invites.

For Example: If a recurring meeting is sent for 3 weeks. and if user want to cancel the meeting for 1 week , the popup should have option to select from and to dates and to cancel all 5 days meeting invite at once.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create an e-mail Out of Office Reply option when creating an appointment or meeting in your calendar.

When creating an appointment or meeting in your calendar you should be able to create an auto reply (out of Office) associated with that calendar event. That way if you have multiple periods that you will be out of the office you can have it set up without having to remember just prior to the appointment.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add quarterly option to recurring calendar. You only have weekly, monthly or yearly now.

The recurring calendar options are weekly, monthly or yearly. I do several things quarterly and would like that option.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Auto update of existing meetings through Distribution Lists

be able to invite internal distribution lists to recurring meetings where the distribution list stayed as the invitee, not expanding the members of the list at that point in time but still able to send to the existing list. As
    a result, when the distribution list membership was updated
    new members receive the meeting invite and if a member is removed from the list they would be removed from the meeting.

170 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Provide an option to clone a past meeting as we might need to create meeting which is not a recurring one

Provide an option to clone a past meeting as we might need to create meeting which is not a recurring one would be the best option in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Being able to clone a past meeting would be good instead of copying all the details again.

76 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. End of occurrence reminder

When you reach the end of an occurrence series, it would be helpful to have a reminder/notification that this is the last event of this series so that you can add/extend additional dates in the series if needed.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Ability to get the count of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Want number/quantity of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy to meeting/appointment in scheduling assistant. Also there should be a possibility to highlight the row for a selected meeting attendee in the Outlook scheduling assistant. This will improve the readability: when scheduling with lots of attendees, it’s hard to discern which person is unavailable when all you see are blobs of blue with no name connected to them. Allow the feature of busy search to identify users that are tied up with meetings and appointments as well.

Provision of a button on the invite listing names and titles plus how they are connected on an…

478 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Scheduled Automatic Replies

Connect the Automatic Reply function to Calendar. Currently they are separate features. Users should be able to schedule automatic replies to occur during a scheduled time that aligns with calendar appointments. If I make a doctor's appointment 3 months in the future, or I schedule PTO in the future, I will block my schedule with an appointment and set the status to "Out of Office". I should have the option to schedule automatic email replies at the same time, so that when that day comes my schedule shows out of office and my automatic replies are enabled. Currently it has…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make calendar item searchable in the calendar regardless of how the calendar is added

It would be great if we could search calendar items in the calendar regardless of how the calendar is added.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 56 57
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook for Windows (Desktop application)

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base