OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

Outlook 2016 for Windows

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service, to collect feedback from you and other Outlook users. Your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable an option to display declined meetings

Enable an option to display declined meetings in teh calendar (in settings). Often initially one is not available for a meeting, but then due to changes of schedule might be able to join, but since that meeting is not displayed in calendar, simply forgets about that. I found that option very helpful in Google mail that we used up to now in the company.

4,124 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

335 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add BCC, CC as well as FYI field to meeting requests in Outlook 2016

I would like the option to send meetings requests with BCC, CC so all information about all invitees is not shared with everyone that is invited

Also, Outlook calendar entries need BCC, CC – without showing these and need to extend them to Skype as well as Microsoft Teams Meetings.

3,460 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

364 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thank you for providing a clear signal that we should prioritize this new feature.

We are planning to support this feature in Outlook for Office 365 subscribers. We will share an updated status when engineering work for this feature begins.

Thanks again and please feel free to continue up-voting and commenting on this suggestions.

3. Change ownership of calendar event in Outlook 2016

Sometimes the owner of a meeting (or, more often, meeting series) is on vacation or changes jobs; it would be nice if they could assign ownership of an instance (for vacation) or the full series (for job changes) to someone else. Also provide an option to create a meeting on someone's behalf without being included in the meeting.

2,463 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

257 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Contact ONLY Individuals who have not replied to a meeting request

You should be able to (under tracking) easily email or reach out to those who have not responded to an outlook invite to a meeting request. The only way I see it can be done now, is to hand extract those individuals and resend a new meeting request.

460 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

27 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

Please give us back the opportunity to categorize meetings with different colours

248 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Recurring meetings: Option to end recurrence as alternative to cancelling series

When a recurring meeting is being canceled and "remove(d) from calendar", previous sessions are also deleted.

I'd prefer to keep the history of my past tasks and whereabouts, so I would like an option to "remove only future meetings in this series"

To achieve the same at the moment, the organizer has to go to recurrence and input an end date - The above suggestion could be combined with a dialogue box when cancelling a recurring meeting to chose from "cancel series" or to "end recurrence"

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Declined meetings

show declined meeting on my calendar, so if my plans change I can quickly still see it and change from declined to accept

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to get the count of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Want number/quantity of attendees invited/declined/accepted/busy to meeting/appointment in scheduling assistant. Also there should be a possibility to highlight the row for a selected meeting attendee in the Outlook scheduling assistant. This will improve the readability: when scheduling with lots of attendees, it’s hard to discern which person is unavailable when all you see are blobs of blue with no name connected to them. Allow the feature of busy search to identify users that are tied up with meetings and appointments as well.

Provision of a button on the invite listing names and titles plus how they are connected on an…

404 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The ability to have an email reminder for a calendar event

Be able to set an email reminder for an event in your calendar

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Automatically block of 15 minutes before and after each meeting

It is my manual task to always block some time before and after meetings, lot's of extra clicking in Outlook. I would love to see a feature or someone explain to me how I can tell Outlook, to by default make my meetings appear to start 15 minutes earlier and stop 15 minutes later, than they actually do, so no one can book back to back through my entire schedule.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Copy an existing meeting into a new meeting

Allow the copying of an existing meeting into a new meeting that can be edited for content, attendees, time, etc., and then sent. This dramatically decreases the work effort of scheduling meetings and reduces friction between your users and the software.

95 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Recurring Calendar meeting changes should not change meetings that have already taken place

Do not change the history of meetings that have already occurred when make changes to a recurring meeting for future dates.

566 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide an option to clone a past meeting as we might need to create meeting which is not a recurring one

Provide an option to clone a past meeting as we might need to create meeting which is not a recurring one would be the best option in Microsoft Outlook 2016. Being able to clone a past meeting would be good instead of copying all the details again.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Decline a meeting and have it remain on your calendar

The ability to decline an invitation to a meeting but have that meeting remain on my calendar. This is so that should I be able able to attend I have it on my calendar as well as I want the follow up notes from the meeting and to be able to tie notes to the meetings and follow up myself.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Increase the number of color options in the Outlook Calendar palette from 9 to 16-25, increase contrast, and allow user editing of colors.

I find that I cannot change the color of agenda items or calendar items for my email accounts in Microsoft Outlook. I use various Android apps on my tablet and phone, that allow me to show Agenda items and Calendar items. If I use gmail, I can easily select a color, whereas with Outlook accounts I cannot change the color to suit my preferences. Also provide an option or feature to set different events with different colors in Calendar as well as in Categories in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

1,343 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

127 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add quarterly option to recurring calendar. You only have weekly, monthly or yearly now.

The recurring calendar options are weekly, monthly or yearly. I do several things quarterly and would like that option.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. A series of recurring past appointments should not be changed just because I change the end date or the number of appointments.

Calendar is always full of recurring appointments. Often my clients need to change a single appointment to another day or to cancel it completely. They nearly always have a set amount of weeks in which their training lasts. Therefore, if a lesson is cancelled in advance, the total amount of appointments must remain the same but only the end date changes. Whenever I try to change the end date, the whole series must be reset and then past changes (such as changing a single appointment from a Tuesday to a Thursday) will be lost. Also, if I need to change…

351 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Provide meeting-finder feature for a bunch of availability request (aka doodle-feature ;)

Please implement a feature to send participants a choice of different appointment availability time frames. So far external tools like Doodle are needed. Why not implement directly a smart solution into Outlook?

Offer the requesting user, to choose different dates and times, to add them up into one request to participants. (similiar to your series function already, just to choose a bunch of flexibel dates instead of just serial behavior)

the participants then should get all requested dates into their calendars (shown like non answered- dates yet) - when opening the request (no matter which of the single ones), offer…

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Outlook Meeting Response Option of "INFORMATION ONLY"

Meetings as FYI Only -

Please add a fourth meeting response option such as "Information Only" which automatically responds "Decline" but leaves the meeting info on your calendar. The meeting response would also automatically show the calendar as "FREE" with "No Reminder". This allows the user to change their response without having to sift through deleted emails or respond tentative leaving others to guess as to your meeting participation when you have no intention of going at all.

417 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Decline but not participating

Today we can only chose from "Accept", "Tentative" or "Decline" when somebody propses or invites to a meeting. A lot of times you need to know about the meeting and get the meeting notes but not participate, for ex. for exacuative people, people in a high leadership role etc. My suggestion is that we have a "Decline not participating" option so that we still have the meeting in or calenders, get the meeting notes, updates for next meeting etc.

175 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 49 50
  • Don't see your idea?

Outlook 2016 for Windows

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base