OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Accepting or declining a meeting from the Calendar view should delete the invite from your Inbox

Accepting or declining a meeting from the Calendar view should delete the invite from your Inbox since you've 'actioned' it.

5 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kevin Klassen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • H N commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

disagree with this. Meeting invites often contain background data that is needed for future reference.

A move from inbox is appropriate, with the existing breadcrumb that you've accepted or declined the meeting as a permanent record of attendance.

To retain data, I've proposed an idea that the OneNote integration be changed from the existing "Note" function... it should behave more like a regular Mail Item, where you can save the entire message.

• Ashish commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This depends on user preference. I would prefer to see a grayed out option, the reason being - If time permits I may accept it.

Or I may just change my mind.

Or the meeting organizer convinces me to accept it for some reason - I should be able to go back and accept it.

Overall - Google gives the user a choice to configure this. Whether you want to see declined events on your calendar or remove them. I would see a need for this.

• Ian Rae commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with this; it's easier to manage my diary from the calendar view. I'd like the email message invite to then be cleared from my inbox so that I can see items to be actioned rather then have it "littered" with invites.

Feedback and Knowledge Base