OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide an option or feature to color code different email accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide an option or feature to color code different email accounts in Microsoft Outlook 2016. In WIndows Live, we use to be able to color code the different email accounts we had on the desktop version. I want the same ability for the outlook desktop version.

14 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Randy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I manage a trade lane for an mutlinational company with more than 100K employees around the world, and most of my work involves outlook - in other words I use outlook 10 hours a day every day.

With the new update, I cannot quickly see who is or who isn't a part of the cmopany as the colors of the icons are not showing different offset tones for external users.

This is having me go and click on every name of recipients to check if we're having a conversatioin with third parties in the loop, or an internal one.

Major loss of time, productivity, increase in mistake probabilities. In other words, no gain from the update, but loss.

Attributing a different color to external users to my organization shouldn't be that difficult to add as a feature.

Hoping I can have an answer on this quickly - many thanks in advance.

Feedback and Knowledge Base