OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Speed up Outlook Rules Order

The order of Rules can be changed ONLY by tapping or clicking an UP or DOWN arrow on a SINGLE rule. This is clunky when managing a large number of rules. Develop a method for selecting multiple rules and re-ordering by dragging the selection.

20 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • neilfitzjames@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ability to sort Rules Alphabetically to avoid duplication is logical.
    Since Outlook 2010 Rules seems to have been interfered with and many do not work so duplicates get created (showing(1) or even (2) at end.
    Alphabetical sorting would greatly facilitate tidying up Rules

• Thiago Vinicius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have many rules in my Outlook, the lack of a filter makes me have to stay looking for a long time what I want to change.

• Amin Zelfani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, searching for rules or sorting them should not affect the execution order that would be better based on number of hits, wherever this latter is higher, the rule must be processed first IMO.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE get this done so we can manage rules. This has not changed in years! Its impossible to search or manage rules, causing a lot of extra work. Thanks!

• Ken Bayliss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An additional option would be a button to sort all rules alphabetically - I have 183 rules running on each PC - If i need to check them - they are in random order - I cannot easily find them or check there are not duplicates. If they were sorted alphabetically by name this would assist.

• Erin Zebrowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently rules need to be edited one at a time. We need a way to be able to bulk edit or change them - like removing the "only on this computer" distinction for when we upgrade computers.

• Renaud Picciotto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is time to change that. Thanks to work on it as soon as possible. About 10 years with few changes and still a lot of clicks to do...

Feedback and Knowledge Base