OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

flag

Please could you develop a feature attached to the flags function so that we can add a note to ourselves of what the flag is for?

I see this working that when I flag an email, another box opens up which allows me to add a reminder as to what I need to do before processing the email, for example.

And if this could go into the Outlook Today page too that would be awesome!

37 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Su shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Sander Kats commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature already exists. When you add a flag, you can also name that flag.
    Add the flag by right-clicking and choose "Custom".
    You can rename the flag there into whatever you like.

• Dawn Miller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use Quick Step to set up a Pending Action Step that will open in a new window where the e-mail will be attached and then you can also add any notes.

You can make all types of Quick Steps which will help you review your e-mail and stay organized with Pending, Archived Done, Add to Schedule.

You will need to set up an Action file with sub files for what you want. I have added Work, where with in that file emails are categorized with with color coding and arranged by categories. Pending, Scheduled and Archive.

Works great!

• Leo Schoor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to be able to add a comment to a tasks. Not only for other users, but also for myself. Because of the large number of tasks I cannot remember everything.
    It is nice to read back why I ended a task or how I have completed it.

• Teresa Purkis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Within outlook if an item is flagged to deal with later, it would be good to be able to add a comment to the item. If you share a mailbox, this would be helpful to the other users

• TMiq commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook Team, Please consider utilizing the Task Subject field for this idea. Most people have no idea this field exists in Outlook, but it is an awesome field that could be used for this very purpose of recording notes for emails. Yes, there are complex implications, but therein lies the value this idea could bring were it to be developed. I use the Task Subject field in Outlook extensively and it is very helpful. I simply display that field in list view and edit the text in that field. When the Task Subject field is modified it does not impact the Subject Field at all, which is awesome. Please consider this sort of think. There are capabilities in Outlook that simply have not been promoted, which are awesome.

• Tracey Brady commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Virtual sticky notes for pending emails ...or bring back the colored flags and add a note box there to type a reminder to follow up on what.
    and then get rid of the color blocks, too much.

Feedback and Knowledge Base