OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Add 'Acknowledged' and 'Thanks' buttons to emails that will tell the sender you have seen their email, without having to send another.

Add 'Acknowledged' and 'Thanks' buttons to emails that will tell the sender you have seen/appreciate their email, without having to send another, thereby reducing email traffic.

324 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No, please don't. This isn't Facebook. Read Receipts do the jobs suitably. If you want an acknowledged or thanks response to the sender, setup a quick action to trigger an email response so you have a single click macro within Outlook.

I’m with Terry. That’s what the like button is for.
    I find myself occasionally logging in to the web client only to “like” a message.
    Please bring that to the desktop and the mobile

• Jody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, but it would be awesome if you could right click on the sent message and the acknowledged tick/comment was there, as this could be useful but i wouldn't use it all the time and it would be easy to access the acknowledgement without overcrowding my inbox!

• Terry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook On The Web and emails in Office 365 Groups have the ability to "Like" emails. We use this in our organisation as a response of acknowledgement.
    Please bring "Likes" to the inbox!

• Core commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Isn't that what read receipts are for?
    Seriously, No... I don't need more buttons, I need less.
    I don't need more inane reponses from people just saying 'acknowledged'.

• Rachel Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing. I have so many "Thanks!" or "Sounds good!" emails in my inbox that I don't need. I'd also rather be able to acknowledge someone else's note without having to clog their inbox with another reply.

• Michael K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would also be beneficial for shared mailboxes. To piggy back on this suggestion: visibility of the acknowledgement in any mailbox that is used would be great.

• Horizon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very cool and it would actually help if we can identify or somehow connect with other people using Outlook 365, it could also be a selling point for 365 subscription. Not having to send emails back and forth, but instead update a thread in everyone's inbox without adding new emails back and forth is a huge plus.

I was just searching for a place to give feedback so that I could make the same suggestion. How do we get this out until the world so that it can be voted on?!

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base