OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Need ability to add a date reminder to a received email.

Allow to add a reminder to an email!

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Connie Loyet shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Elizabeth Waksmunski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add Reminder feature with ability to customize similar to what was in Outlook 2007. Honestly I find the Flag feature somewhat useless because I can't set of a date/time to be reminded that the email was flagged.

My work around is to move the email to an offline folder (PST not IMAP) so that I can set a reminder. That's not a very good work around because I have to be at my computer to get the reminder.

I am not sure why this feature got dropped with the IMAP type data file. It is still available with a PST data file.

• Rick Lebby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This used to be an option for a email, but has now been shifted to the task menu. It should be returned as an option for an email so one can be reminded of emails to follow up!!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reminder must change the date to today's date and not remain to be the email's date. At the moment, adding a reminder to an email, leaves the date as the date in the past (say two days ago) and let me set the time for the day in the past! That is working against the function of the reminder. The reminder must remind me either today or somewhere in the future, at a specific time. Not a time in the past. Please look into this?

• Riccardo Bogogna commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mi piacerebbe poter impostare per alcune e-mail che mi arrivano dei reminder in maniera da rileggerle tra una settimana, sarebbe bello poter ri-ricevere l'email selezionata tra un periodo di tempo da impostare liberamente. Il programma potrebbe re-inviarmele in maniera che le veda di nuovo tra le cose da fare in una determinata giornata.

• Radjes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often receive an email in which I am asked to do something but I do not have the time to do that at that moment. I would like to have a Reminder button in the email so that I can plan that email in my agenda so that I do not forget it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base