OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Allow to revert to the old Ribbon icon set in Outlook 2016

Allow to revert to the old Ribbon icon set in Outlook 2016 especially in Enterprise scenario.

1,458 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about the new icons. We know any change to the user experience can be disruptive at first, especially major changes like updating all the icons. Even though these new icons have been through many rounds of feedback and refinement with real customers, we’re sorry you’re not finding the new icons helpful.

The new icons incorporate customer feedback we had received on the old icon design: bolder lines and higher color contrast helps make icons are more visible when using your computer near a window, a laptop in direct sunlight, or for folks with less than perfect vision. The new icons are also built using scalable graphics so they are never pixelated and can adapt to any device — whether it’s a monitor you’ve had for many years or a brand new 4K display. We’re also evolving the user interface designs on PC, Mac, and web towards a consistent and simpler set of icons so you can switch between devices more seamlessly and have a familiar set of commands.

All of this requires changing the user interface that you may have been using for several years, but we hope that it won’t take long to adjust to this change. We won’t always get things right, so we promise to continue to listen and learn. Your feedback is critical to help us refine these icons over time to make them even more accessible and easier to understand.

If there’s specific icons or elements of the new design that are not working for you, please let us know. You can use File > Feedback > Send a Frown from Word, Excel or PowerPoint (screenshots are very helpful), or you can also create and upvote suggestions for specific icons on UserVoice using the links below. You can use the #newicons hashtag to make it easier for others to find and upvote your suggestions.

https://word.uservoice.com/
https://excel.uservoice.com/
https://powerpoint.uservoice.com/
https://outlook.uservoice.com/
https://onenote.uservoice.com/

632 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The latest fiasco with double Reply, Reply All, Forward showing up above the email content is the last straw. The subject line is nearly impossible to see now when typing a new email. Every addition to Outlook for the past 6 months have been making my life harder not easier. Will be giving up with the Office 365 Outlook, going back to 2016 MSI where you can't keep breaking it with these garbage frivolous changes that have no improvements for productivity.

Where did the delete feature go on each email? Now I'm supposed to use the keyboard or right click to get a pop-up menu then delete? So two clicks instead of one? The Trashcan at the top is also not functional to be scrolling all around the screen. You took a very effecient email clean-up tool away. The toolbar takes up MORE screen real estate--that is moving in the wrong direction.

The new icons are horrible. Everything looks the same and now it's harder to find what you are looking for. It's just ****** line art. You totally ruined my Outlook experience. Please go back to the old icons.

The new icons are horrible. Everything looks the same and now it's harder to find what you are looking for. It's just ****** line art. You totally ruined my Outlook experience. Please go back to the old icons.

The new way that the subject line, sender/recipient information and "reply" "reply all" and "forward"buttons are displayed is awful. The way these were shown previously was logical and visually pleasing. Now it's disjointed and it's hard to tell what I'm looking at after a quick glance. On top of moving everything around and making it harder to see, the line that separated all of the subject and sender/recipient info from the body of the email is now gone. Who thought it was a good idea to just mush the body of the email right into this "header" information?? I hope this is just a late April fools prank, but I fear that someone actually thought these changes were an improvement. Terrible, terrible, terrible! Change it back, or at least give us the option to change it back. Thanks.

I'M am really starting to hate the updates of Microsoft, please stop moving things OMG! Allow to revert to the old Ribbon icon set in Outlook 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The management of style, layout has suddenly disappeared from the Home ribbon. Put it back or I go to Mac.

What a dumb idea to move the reply/forward icons to the far side of the screen. Put them back where they were and stop trying to mess with things that aren't broken

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My toolbar icons updated today and they are so bad that I honestly thought I had a system error. I rebooted my PC a couple of times before I realised that they are actually displaying as intended. They look like thet are icons for a very low res screen - with large pixels and no definition.

• Rick G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Much prefer the old icon set - far easier to find the correct icon. E.g. "Reply", "Reply All" and "Forward" all have the same icon. Only difference is a bit of low-contrast color. Sure I can read the words underneath, but then what is the point of the icons?

• Américo Jorge Ribeiro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please change! Very difficult to distinguish, especially outlook and word. Try to work simultaneously with all and try to change windows. Bad experience! Any change is for better, like in the past.

• P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Reverse all changes on latest release as icons are hard to differentiate from other icons and the general sharpness of new excel and outlook ribbons are poor

Just to add my 2 cents: The new Icons are dreadful. MS for Dummies. They look like Duplo MS for 3 year olds.

• R P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not one to poo-poo advances in software but frankly Outlook 2016 is a step back in the ease of use category compared to previous versions. Never have I had to hunt so much for stuff that was easily accessible before.

• Pat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new updated icons for the Office 365 make both the Word and Outlook icon colors look very similar on the task bar. Please consider changing one of them to Blue on White rather than both being White on Blue. Can't differentiate the apps like before despite having the Letters O and W on them. The other apps like Excel and Powerpoint all stand out well.

The new design office icons are almost illegible. It's really difficult to tell between Outlook and Word icons on my task bar. You can't make the icons bigger either. That is awful.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can hardly read the new letters, I assume this is an attempt to stop people with poor eye sight using your packages. Discrimination I think.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 31 32

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base