OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Include Additional theme options in order to provide a more pleasing color scheme

The provided color schemes make it very difficult to distinguish folders

123 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Taylor Kaufman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • James Oglesby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this too, along with the email pane to be changed to match the themes color too!

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also to provide clearer more visible and faster to use color schemes.

If it were a choice, fundamental human rights would definitely have to come before prettiness.

But MS has a choice. Give us options for those of use with reduced ability to see contrast and color due to age.

Give us a choice of larger and clearer fonts (like Verdana 11 pt).

Give us a UI where we don't have to stare to figure out what we're looking at.

And IF you can, also give those who want prettiness their prettiness.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need more options to differentiate the hierarchy of folders. Colors, Bold, Size. I have literally replaced my physical file cabinet with E-mail and I'm spending an inordinate amount of time scrolling through hundreds of folders trying to find what I'm looking for. Unbelievable WASTE of TIME! Give

• Jeremy Bradshaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook and OWA are like red-headed b-tard child's that don't get any theme love.

The new ribbon and buttons are a nice new look, and a good start, I was pretty surprised that they weren't brought along with some new themes. Even just the ability to choose the color of the top of the window, something...

OWA's new Dark Theme is nice too, but it's just one new theme. We want more, please and thank you.

This is a long standing issue with thousands of people for a very long time, across many different forums now. It needs to be addressed, in this day and age it is a minimum standard feature in most common applications.

• Jawad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add more themes to outlook, right now there are only white, dark and black. Black theme is horrible. This would make emailing more exciting to look at

• schumatt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

None of the color schemes provide enough contrast between the various portions of the interface. The ribbon, left navigation, message list, and preview panes are all far too similar, regardless of which theme is chosen.

The "Dark Gray" probably provides the best representation of what I'd like to see in terms of contrast between the panes, but I want that with the colors of the "Colorful" theme.

• Tracey Keller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide a color scheme with icons for visually impaired users.
        Increasing the font size is fine but the light grey icons are very difficult for some users of the product to see clearly. The older icons were much easier to see.

Same for folders etc Folders are difficult to see if collapsed and know to expand.

I agree. Those of us with color deficiencies (red/green) have a hard time seeing the drop down selection when select email addresses.

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Settings

Feedback and Knowledge Base