OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Allow to "Customize the Ribbon" with drag/drop to improve it.

When the "Customize the Ribbon" dialog box is open, I should be able to click and drag on the buttons in the actual ribbon of the normal Outlook button to rearrange the buttons. The current Ribbon Customize interface is not very intuitive and many ribbon sections cannot be customized further. For example the "Respond" section, or "Delete" section have a specific group of buttons. I can change the location of the group, but I cannot add/remove buttons within the group.

Also in the earlier builds of Outlook you can easily customize ribbon from the right-click context menu, and the ability to put away the items I didn’t often use into the overflow menu. Now, when I right-click an item, the ability to hide that item is gone. I don’t want to completely remove an item from the ribbon, I just want to be able to put it in the overflow menu.

31 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adam Lein shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This used to be an option then it disappeared. Now it's hard to remove unneeded options from the mini ribbon. Please bring it back. It as useful for removing options I seldom use from the mini ribbon.

• Lolita commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new ribbon Idea is good for the home page but when you actually start to compose an e-mail you loose certain features like the sensitivity. We could click on the button, hold and move it where we want. or closer to another option. Give Us the Option to re-arrange the buttons like you would on multiple tabs on the internet .... or excel worksheet in a workbook. Then it is custom to that individual and not what most people do.

• Jacob Huempfner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm currently in the Insiders build for Outlook (1812), and I'm really enjoying the single-line ribbon a lot. However, one of the things that was really cool about it was the easy customizability from the right-click context menu, and the ability to put away the items I didn't often use into the overflow menu. Now, when I right-click an item, the ability to hide that item is gone. I don't want to completely remove an item from the ribbon, I just want to be able to put it in the overflow menu.

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Settings

Feedback and Knowledge Base