OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Enable an option to display declined meetings

Enable an option to display declined meetings in teh calendar (in settings). Often initially one is not available for a meeting, but then due to changes of schedule might be able to join, but since that meeting is not displayed in calendar, simply forgets about that. I found that option very helpful in Google mail that we used up to now in the company.

2,838 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

242 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Margaret Auld-Louie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Telling users they have to find it in their Deleted Items is ridiculous. There needs to be a way to do this that is easier.

• Sebastian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show decline message from users in Group Calendars (At the moment there is only the "Declined"-Message but no reason)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, very useful for me : i'd like to see in my calendar all mettings i'm concerned, even those i refused

• Helle Markusen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hej. Jeg vil meget gerne kunne se de møder jeg har afvist at deltage i inde i min kalender. Er det en funktion som er mulig at udvikle?

Subject: Afvist møde skal kunne fremgå af kalenderen

Also, you lose access to attachments when a meeting is declined unless you dig it out of your Deleted folder.

• Marilyn Worley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If this option is enabled then the default Decline option should be switched to not receive any updates (reschedules, etc.)

• Steven Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since Google has had this feature for years, I assume it'll be another 5 years before MS finally copies it. But it'd be nice if they could speed things up for once.

• Peter Iddon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like such an obvious feature to have! Like many of the commenters below I need to know when certain meetings are occurring even if I am not going.

• Yerzhan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for the declined tasks (of other people) would be good to cancel the decline

• Nicholas Zipp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on MS! I just came from a company that just threw out all MS products including OS. It was a shock to me to use Google products, although it's not as powerful for a power user; they are getting there. Their collaboration software is so much better. Now at a company using only MS products and I'm starting to see how stuck in the past you are. This calendar option is Mandatory! It is so useful. Like others, I've had to either recreate the meeting info in a new box or mark as tentative just to keep it.

• Feras Aslwairky commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Because of not having this feature, I will have to keep all invites that I will not attend as Tentative so at least I know they are happening on my Calendar and that my team members are attending them. EXTREMELY IMPORTNAT

Be able to keep rejected invitations in order to accept them in case of calendar changes. They will have to be slashed but always present!

When meetings change we sometimes have the ability to now join a meeting we were initially unable to attend. With the meeting removed from our calendars this is not possible unless you recover the meeting. Google Calendars have this functionality and it's wonderful, so hoping Microsoft gets this added soon.

• Geoffrey Cobleigh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Show declined meetings on my calendar. Managing a big team I need to decline meetings to indicate I wont attend be attending but I also want to see and track those meetings for my team. I believe declined meetings should stay on until I delete it or for 90 days.

• Ilya Gurin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time I decline a meeting, I'm shocked that Outlook still doesn't have this feature, which Google had 7 years ago.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base