OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Enable an option to display declined meetings

Enable an option to display declined meetings in teh calendar (in settings). Often initially one is not available for a meeting, but then due to changes of schedule might be able to join, but since that meeting is not displayed in calendar, simply forgets about that. I found that option very helpful in Google mail that we used up to now in the company.

308 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

busy people or not we would all appreciate this feature. Also a way to send new report for status regarding the failed task is OK. so it's a should-have *-\

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an important shortcoming for sooo many reasons! It would be great to hold onto declined and canceled meetings to keep track of: meetings that I don't attend but colleagues/bosses/direct-reports do, when canceled meetings were supposed to happen, meetings that I would like to attend if a conflicting meeting is canceled, etc.

• Kristin Killough commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great update! I need to know when other coworkers are available regardless if I have declined a meeting or not.

This option would be so nice to have. So many times I'm asked about a meeting which was declined and now they want to attend. Takes time to scout the initial meeting down again. Please make this option available!

• Ryan Mosley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often need to decline a meeting to indicate that I will not be there (stronger than a "tentative" response) but i need to know when it happens so that I can follow up.

Additionally, I have employees that have meetings that I need to know about, but I will not be attending myself.

We have some new employees and they are undergoing training. As their manager I get calander entries to indicate they are not available. It is not appropiate for me to be in the 'meeting', but it is useful to see that my staff are not available. I'd like to be able to set the meeting status to 'noted'- not attending, but still in my calander.

I expected to look up Google and get instructions how to set it up. Shocked to find I can't. Hope someone actions this short coming.

• Bridget Schroeder commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often have meetings that I don't need to attend but I have to follow up on. Or if I decline a meeting due to scheduling but then my schedule changes, I have no way to change my status as the invite is in my deleted items folder.

• Asina Gant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Sometimes I cannot attend a meeting, but I still need to remember that the meeting is occurring. Please enable this option. Gmail has this capability, so I know Outlook can do it.

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base