OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Enable an option to display declined meetings

Enable an option to display declined meetings in teh calendar (in settings). Often initially one is not available for a meeting, but then due to changes of schedule might be able to join, but since that meeting is not displayed in calendar, simply forgets about that. I found that option very helpful in Google mail that we used up to now in the company.

2,005 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

199 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I declined a meeting, I can not see it anymore. But sometimes I still want to change my mind, i.e. to recover this meeting. But since I can not see this meeting again, so I can not recover it either.

In the old versions of outlook of Outlook, I remembered I could do this job.

• Jennek Geels commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

after declining an invite, keep the item in the calendar, clearly marked as declined, with the option to accept at a later stage

• myriam brault commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would like to be able to see declined meetings in my calendar (ex: different color) for better work organization

• Andrew Clarke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if this is the same thing - it might be slightly different. I'd like to see this exact feature, but I'd also like to see built-in support for cancelled meetings. I'd still like to see cancelled meetings in my calendar, or at least have the option to display them. RFC 5545 supports "CANCELLED" as a status. https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5545#section-3.8.1.11 How come Outlook doesn't support it?

Declined a meeting (occurence in a series) with no comment (by mistake) and wanted to decline it again, but with a comment this time... just impossible.

• Gunter Königsmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Victoria: Also sometimes one has to decline a meeting due to an external appointment - and if this appointment is dropped it isn't too bad if one can get the declined meetings back that might have had lower priority but still might have been interesting. Or one that didn't attend a meeting might still want to be able to find out when it was held a year or so later.

• Raven Hedden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to be a feature. How is it not? There are dozens of reasons why. And these reasons have each been repeated multiple times throughout this forum. Please fix.

• Lars Lengberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 from me on this. Constantly annoys me! (I wonder how many MS employees, even in the Outlook/Exchange teams, that are also annoyed..?)

• Gloria Torres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a supervisor, this was a very helpful feature to have (in Gmail). I can decline to say I won't be there, but I still saw the event on my calendar so I knew where my team was and who was participating!

• Dominic Reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've recently been forced to switch from Gmail for Business to Outlook and this is one of the many Gmail features that I miss. Please implement this simple feature.

To stay with existing functions, what about a button, decline, but keep as "free" in calendar. It's visible and can be accepted if required later.

The use case is similar for many of us. We have multiple meetings, tentative does not tell the inviting one your're not comming. Later the more important parallel meeting was canceled and you like to accept the second oprion.

• RENAUD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

faire apparaître dans le calendrier les réunions refusées mais en les barrant

Voting yes for this feature - seems like a simple script to auto-convert declined/canceled meetings to an appointment or something. Come on now!

• Victoria Cervantes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please. I know many people say "this is what tentative is for". Not necessarily true. Many times, my boss cannot attend the meeting, but part of her staff will and she'll want to follow up. OR, she cannot attend, but wants to reach out to the organizer, POST MEETING, to find out if there are new action items, what was decided, will there be a follow up meeting, where there handouts given, etc.

Please add this feature! For all the reasons stated. I may not be available initially so want to decline but then become available and need to accept but the meeting is gone!

This feature is simply a must. Cannot fathom how this has not been implemented; for over three years has this been a requested feature. Why my company has elected to pay Microsoft for this software is beyond me and I am going to recommend that they look for an alternative.

• Abigail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this feature because I need to stay aware of which meetings I am missing. For instance, next week I will be missing a meeting because of a training that I'm attending. However, I need to make sure I get a recap of what happened in that meeting and whether I have any related tasks, so I want it to stay on my radar.

• Marion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please!! At my work, if I decline a meeting, I still need to remember there is one. I need to prepare my inputs and give them to someonelse that will represent me during the meeting...

• Gunnar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the thing everyone want, such an efficiency improvement for the business!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base