OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Allow changing of IMAP email address

Before updating Outlook, was I able to easily change the email address for an IMAP account. With the latest update, the ability to change the email address on the account was removed and replaced with a static label. Please bring back the ability to change the email address, I use it frequently!

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Demetri M. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried to set up my outlook.com account on a new computer and "thanks" you changed it my gmail account. Many of us have numerous e-mail addresses. It's not that uncommon...I guess I'll have to use web e-mail until you decide we can have multiple addresses...not pleased.

• Steve P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need the same config box we have always had, 2019 is an IT managers nightmare!

• m365 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Better still provide the option to save different identities that can be accessed from the "From" box.

See how this is handled in "Mailbird" - it makes multiple identities very easy to handle.

• m365 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use numerous email addresses with the same server and need to be able to change them easily. It is now impossible to change the "sent from" address for an IMAP account without going into the account Profile settings.

There is no point in being able to change the "reply to" address if one can't alter the address of the person it was sent from.

Changing the address in the "from" box simply results in a sent on behalf of message.

Please replace the static label with a field that can be altered as it was before.

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Settings

Feedback and Knowledge Base