OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

A series of recurring past appointments should not be changed just because I change the end date or the number of appointments.

I am a Business English Trainer working in Germany and my calendar is always full of recurring appointments. Often my clients need to change a single appointment to another day or to cancel it completely. They nearly always have a set amount of weeks in which their training lasts. Therefore, if a lesson is cancelled in advance, the total amount of appointments must remain the same but only the end date changes. Whenever I try to change the end date, the whole series must be reset and then past changes (such as changing a single appointment from a Tuesday to a Thursday) will be lost. Also, if I need to change a regular series from a Monday to a Wednesday I have to end that series with a new end date and lose and past changes in order to create a whole new series on a different day. I've seen other calendars handle this problem sufficiently by giving the user a summary of the existing series and changes made to it and the user can then select check boxes on the ones which now should be different.

I really think the developers at MS Outlook (for windows) have not really considered this as a useful and viable feature but I'm sure there are literally millions out there using it just like me and have the exact same problem.

Please fix it guys!

82 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Adam White shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Udo Behm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would like to be able to pause recurring items in the calendar in relevance to other calendar entries (e. g. for holidays). let Outlook check for other events on that date and let me define what entries in whats calendars Outlook should pause the recurring items (after the holidays the items should be shown again or after a certain event that I want to define in the settings for the recurring appointment)

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base