OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Recurring Calendar meeting changes should not change meetings that have already taken place

Do not change the history of meetings that have already occurred when make changes to a recurring meeting for future dates.

297 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michelle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have time audits as well and have to keep records for several years. Programs for future changes. This is a greatly needed function!!

• Bruce Morris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When modifying a recurring meeting you should be able to modify all future instances of that meeting WIHTOUT changing any previous instances of the meeting. My lowly iPhone with the free calendar app can do this. Why can't my far more powerful computer that has an expensive version of Office do the same thing?

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is extremely important. At the moment. If I need to remove a recurring meeting from my calendar (for example, I get an invite from someone using another platform like gmail or zoom, etc., and it doesn't update properly) I can only remove a single occurrence or the whole series. This means that I then lose all record of the past meetings that did occur.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important, because calendars are used for audit purposes. People will often not go through the trouble of changing only future instances of a long series of meetings, and then all the history is lost.

• Ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When modifying a recurring meeting you should be given the option to modify just this instance, all instances of the recurring meeting or all future instances of that meeting.

Working in an international organisation, I attend meetings that have been set up by people all over the world. When daylight savings changes at different dates in Australia, the UK and the US, recurring meetings inevitably conflict and some of them must be changed. Forcing us to change all past instances of the meeting is frustrating and makes the previous meeting times incorrect.

• Serge Beaudoin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, above what is expressed in this idea, changes to recurring meetings should be date driven. As such, no change to meetings that have already occurred is ok + no change to future meetings that will occur before the change (e.g.: change the location of a recurring weekly meeting in 5 weeks from now but keep the next 4 at the same place).

• KERATL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a staff meeting scheduled for the 3rd Wed of every month. I need to set a /new/ appointment (not a reminder) that occurs on the preceding Monday for each meeting. I can pick a similar interval (3rd Monday) but that isn't going to be correct each month. There is no way I've found to designate "The Monday of the week containing the 3rd Wed of the month" [unless I write VBA code to set them all up].

I realize this is probably a rare use case, but certainly a time waster when it does occur.

Use case examples would be meetings that either feed into, or must immediately act upon, monthly operating review meetings that have a set cadence

Feedback and Knowledge Base