OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Do not cancel from my calendar the declined invitations

When I decline an invitation I do not see anymore on my calendar.
Moreover I am removed from the contacts of the invitation and if someone send an update of the timing of report meeting to all contact of the invitation I don't receive the update/report
It should be better to evidence in the invitation that i do not partecipate, but do not remove me, in this way I can receive updates and meeting report.

216 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Alberto Bricchi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eric SOEDER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When you decline an invitation to a meeting, it is removed. But it would be useful to keep it, for information (remember for example to give instructions to a third party who will participate) or to finally accept it if our constraints were to change.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ne pas supprimer du calendrier une réunion refusée

Lorsque je refuse une réunion, celle-ci disparaît de mon calendrier. Je souhaiterai qu'elle soit maintenue en voyant qu'elle a été refusée au cas où le créneau se libérerait et que je pourrait tout de même y assister

• Brock Dietrich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see an option in the ribbon to toggle a "Show/Hide Declined Meetings", allowing me to easily toggle back and forth between a clean calendar and one that shows meetings that occurred but i did not participate in. This way if an alternate meeting is moved, freeing up my availability, i can go back and easily accept the previously declined meeting invitation.

I do not want to mark "tentative" if I know I have a conflict. I do not want the organizer to wonder unless I truly may be "tentative" due to food order arrangements, etc. I want to see that I declined on my calendar in case my plans change without having to search for a declined meeting in deleted files. Please change this to an option when decline a meeting.

• Meghan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Replying as tentative is a workaround option, yes, but it's not reliable because the purpose of "tentative" is to let someone know that you might be there. You can mention in the body that you won't be there when you reply as tentative, but people often don't see that because everyone is moving too fast. Meeting planners often need to know as quickly as possible if someone can't attend a meeting, so if some people are using tentative because they might be there but others are using it because they can't be there, that's not reliable information. Also, if the meeting planner looks in the resource scheduler, it will show up as tentative for people who didn't reply at all (unless they choose in their settings to not place on calendar until they respond, which most people don't do or don't even know about). If there was an option to decline and have it kept on calendar as free time, the scheduling assistant would also reflect that, just like it does for the normal decline option, making the information more reliable for all involved. Workarounds get the job done, sort of, but why not set things up for success to help us all communicate a bit better?

• Meghan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please create the option, "decline but keep on calendar." Sometimes you cannot participate in something, but you still want to know it's happening, or you need the option of changing your mind later. Decline is a good feature because it helps you communicate that you won't be there, but it's too limited the way it's currently set up. Thank you for considering this idea.

Several ideas here (34936723, 34942975, 34755133, 34871668) refer to this same problem, and the user voices should be combined, to see that this is probably the most wanted feature. BTW: this worked fine back in outlook 2003 or so, and I don't understand why this option has been removed. In today's business with quickly changing conditions/expectations/priorities, this is crucial.

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base