OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Outlook Meeting Response Option of "INFORMATION ONLY"

Meetings as FYI Only -

Please add a fourth meeting response option such as "Information Only" which automatically responds "Decline" but leaves the meeting info on your calendar. The meeting response would also automatically show the calendar as "FREE" with "No Reminder". This allows the user to change their response without having to sift through deleted emails or respond tentative leaving others to guess as to your meeting participation when you have no intention of going at all.

152 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Grace Holihan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great feature for assistants who receive calendar invites for their supervisors.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Several ideas here (34936723, 34942975, 34755133, 34871668) refer to this same problem, and the user voices should be combined, to see that this is probably the most wanted feature. BTW: this worked fine back in outlook 2003 or so, and I don't understand why this option has been removed. In today's business with quickly changing conditions/expectations/priorities, this is crucial.

• Lauri Witte commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Grace. Often in business you want the meeting to stay on the calendar as an FYI for various reasons - conflict may change, you may want the hand outs but unable to attend, etc. By seeing an "FYI Only" response the owner of the invite knows this person is not attending. In the current environment, by seeing a tentative response - the owner is not sure if the attendee is trying to attend, is attending a portion of the mtg, etc.
        I would also like to also see a "delegated" response. As the owner, I would know Joe is delegating to Mike. I would also not be confused when I see Mike is attending when I never invited him.

• Paulette Roper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By clicking "tentative" on you response, the meeting stays on your calendar but has the "tentative" fill showing so you know you are not planning to attend. When I respond "tentative," I also provide a response saying I won't be attending but am responding "tentative" to keep the meeting on my calendar.

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base