Open folder containing email search result. Search, select email found, right-click, option, open containing email folder
Open folder containing email search result.
Search, select email found, right-click, option, open containing email folder
Just like file explorer
Nigel Freeney commented
It is possible to open the containing folder of any email found in search - just very cumbersome.
● You have to open the email
● Use the keyboard combination Shift+Ctrl+f
● This opens a window with advanced search options.
● Choose the Browse button at the top right of this new window
● This opens a browser tree with the containing folder shown
It would be better to double left-mouse-click and/or right-mouse-click menu option to either:
● Simply expand the folder tree in the main folder pane to the containing folder
● Open the window that is opened when you click on Browse in the Advanced Search window
Chris Phaneuf commented
Often, when searching through emails, I will right-click a sender's email address, select 'copy' from the resulting right-click menu options, then paste that address in the 'Search' box, change the default option in the 'Search' box to 'Current Folder', then execute my search. This is ok, but not the most efficient way I can think of. I would rather an option to 'Search' from the right-click menu. It would save me a few steps along the way.