OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Add BCC as well as FYI field to meeting requests in Outlook 2016

I would like the option to send meetings requests with BCC so all information about all invitees is not shared with everyone that is invited

Also, Outlook calendar entries need BCC – without showing these!

1,969 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

R Muery shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thank you for providing a clear signal that we should prioritize this new feature.

We are planning to support this feature in Outlook for Office 365 subscribers. We will share an updated status when engineering work for this feature begins.

Thanks again and please feel free to continue up-voting and commenting on this suggestions.

198 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can we have a date as to when this will be done, I'm amazed it hasn't yet...due to GDPR we are stuggling to organise events as can't send out mass invites to clients.

Due to GDPR I am now unable to send out mass invites to my network when organising an event making it incredibly difficult to organize such things - surely this should be a priority for outlook as I cannot be the only one affected by this? I'm afraid putting names in the resource section still breaks GDPR.

After GDPR the ability to BCC in a calendar invitation when you can also see the BCC’d invites responses is externally necessary. When you add people as a resource you fofit the ability to see if they have accepted/ declined.

• Olivia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When is this update going live? I see that it’s been 6 months in the making! Very important update for those that need to send clients calendar invites but can’t because we can’t risk exposing client contact info.

This is absolutely essential. It's a complete joke that this hasn't been implemented years ago. How can I invite people from different companies to a meeting without all of their contact details being revealed?

• Megan Neil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second what Anonymous said on Jan. 22nd, Is there a timeline for providing this important feature?

• Erik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Secret" participants in meeting bookings

Allow participants in meeting bookings to be "secret" so that it is possible to send out meeting bookings without everyone seeing who will attend. This would be good if it is about sensitive data according to GDPR and where a group of people with these sensitive data participate (e.g. union affiliation).

"Hemliga" deltagare i mötesbokningar

Tillåt att deltagare i mötesbokningar är "hemliga" så att det går att skicka ut mötesbokningar utan att alla ser vilka som kommer att delta. Detta skulle vara bra i de fall det handlar om känsliga uppgifter enligt GDPR och där en grupp människor med dessa känsliga uppgifter deltar (ex. facklig tillhörighet).

When I send an invitation to a meeting, there is no possibility of BCC, which makes it difficult to follow the GDPR. I don't want everyone who gets the invitation to see who else is receiving the invitation. At Union meetings This is a requirement under GDPR

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We (huge global company ~100,000 employees) have migrated from Lotus Notes to O365 and this is a major feature missing. With GPRD and working with external customers this should be addressed quickly. Also need to ensure that Bcc do not show up or block out in calendar unless this is shared by an individual.

Example I want to hold a meeting; I invite 5 "Required" attendees, 2 "optional" attendees and book 1 "Resource" meeting room. But i want to bcc in my manager so he knows what's going on but don't want it to block out his calendar or show up to other unless he grants "share bcc" to others that have access to his calendar.

The above situation was possible with Lotus Notes

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We (huge global company ~100,000 employees) have migrated from Lotus Notes to O365 and this is a major feature missing. With GPRD and working with external customers this should be addressed quickly. Also need to ensure that Bcc do not show up or block out in calendar unless this is shared by an individual.

Example I want to hold a meeting; I invite 5 "Required" attendees, 2 optional attendees and book 1 "Resource" meeting room. But i want to bcc in my manager so he knows what's going on but don't want it to block out his calendar or show up to other unless he grants "share bcc" to others that have access to his calendar.

The above situation was possible with Lotus Notes

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base