OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Add BCC as well as FYI field to meeting requests in Outlook 2016

I would like the option to send meetings requests with BCC so all information about all invitees is not shared with everyone that is invited

Also, Outlook calendar entries need BCC – without showing these!

2,412 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

R Muery shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thank you for providing a clear signal that we should prioritize this new feature.

We are planning to support this feature in Outlook for Office 365 subscribers. We will share an updated status when engineering work for this feature begins.

Thanks again and please feel free to continue up-voting and commenting on this suggestions.

255 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Luigi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

AS FOR E-MAILS IT WOULD LIKE THE POSSIBILITY "TO INSERT PARTICIPANTS IN THE CONVOCATION OF A MEETING IN CCN FOR THE RESPECT OF THE PRIVACY.

• Lauren Robinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BCC people on calendar invites. I send out invites to a lot of people for happy hours and it does not look professional to have a long list of email addresses.

• Soniya Gadgil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, there is no way to invite multiple invitees such that invitees are blind to who else is invited. The entry on support.office.com is actually unhelpful. When I used the workaround described on that page, I got responses from some attendees but not others, even though they told me later that they had responded. If Outlook could incorporate this feature, it would be tremendously useful

• Teresa Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add a bcc option to meeting invites so that attendees cannot see who is attending until the time of the meeting. This is important for upcoming corporate organizational announcements of new leaders that should not be made known before the time of the meeting. Thank you!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am setting up large meetings of people who may not want their email address visible to others. I would like to invite people in a "blind copy" type invitation so they receive the invitation, but cannot see who else might be attending.

• Ray McAllister commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can do this now by putting BCC addresses in the Resources category. When asked to change the location of the event to [list of bcc addresses] I just say no. BUT the bcc folks don't necessarily know they are blind-copied. If they accept the invitation (yes, that is possible), then other attendees can see their names and addresses. A true BCC capability would avoid that.

• Alex Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need a BCC or an FYI that doesn't show up to all attendees. The use cases are many, but in my case, I want to be able to easily inform family members of business travel and meeting schedules.

• Meghna Kothari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add back BCC or hide distribution list for calendars. We are not using it to Spam attendees but when you invite multiple clients you don't want them to know who all is invited. Instead of doing multiple invites which would take for ever.

• RLE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add hidden recipients like those in BCC in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to an appointment.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have an update for this - given the admin comment is Jul 2018

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base