OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Add BCC as well as FYI field to meeting requests in Outlook 2016

I would like the option to send meetings requests with BCC so all information about all invitees is not shared with everyone that is invited

Also, Outlook calendar entries need BCC – without showing these!

2,270 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

R Muery shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone,

Thank you for providing a clear signal that we should prioritize this new feature.

We are planning to support this feature in Outlook for Office 365 subscribers. We will share an updated status when engineering work for this feature begins.

Thanks again and please feel free to continue up-voting and commenting on this suggestions.

248 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alex Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely need a BCC or an FYI that doesn't show up to all attendees. The use cases are many, but in my case, I want to be able to easily inform family members of business travel and meeting schedules.

• Meghna Kothari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add back BCC or hide distribution list for calendars. We are not using it to Spam attendees but when you invite multiple clients you don't want them to know who all is invited. Instead of doing multiple invites which would take for ever.

• RLE commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add hidden recipients like those in BCC in Microsoft Outlook 2016 to an appointment.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great to have an update for this - given the admin comment is Jul 2018

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need BC in meeting requests/ appointments either or - this should be standard - I have to send individual appointments as confidential meetings when there's lots of people I want to send this is a real time consuming and frustrating task

• Thomas Murphy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Bcc option for calendar invites. It would ease internal communication within a companies meeting organization

• Joy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This actually isn't a great idea. That's a set up. Have an optional invitation and an FYI but not a bcc. That is divisive.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base