OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Change ownership of calendar event in Outlook 2016

Sometimes the owner of a meeting (or, more often, meeting series) is on vacation or changes jobs; it would be nice if they could assign ownership of an instance (for vacation) or the full series (for job changes) to someone else. Also provide an option to create a meeting on someone's behalf without being included in the meeting.

1,707 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Phariss shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

195 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mats Ulestig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the one doing the orginal invitation need to hand over the "hosting" to a colleague or similar, it would be very convenient. As it is now, the one stepping in cannot (I believe) manage nor monitor the invitation, see who accepted, declined etc.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still confused as to how this is not yet a feature... Incredibly necessary. C'Mon MS - get on it.

• Holly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be really useful if the meeting organizer could add co-organizers who were also able to change the meeting time, info etc.
    Sometimes you setup a meeting but need to transfer responsibility for it and currently you have to cancel the meeting and get the new person to setup a new meeting. If you could change the organizer or add a co-organizer it would save time.

• Nicole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously.....how is the not yet an option! MSFT feature team, get on it already.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having just spent hours, cancelling and re-creating meetings set by my predecessor, i can't believe that Outlook doesn't have this feature. Please, please can this be added

• Kate McKee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Google calendar, you can just check a box to allow invitees to edit the event. I NEED this feature in Outlook, please!

I can assign ownership to just about anything else in Office 365. This is the last piece in the puzzle for us. It's anachronistic that this feature isn't available yet.

• Joe Leach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to transfer ownership of a meeting series, rather than have to cancel the series and re-create it if ownership transfers.

• Brandon Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be able to have more than one organiser or change an organiser in an appointment on the calendar. If I create an appointment as the organiser in my calendar and the attendees want to change or add anything to the notes it will not update on everyone's calendar only their own. If we can change or have more than one organiser on an appointment then everyone would receive an update if anything is added to the appointment notes. also if an organiser of an appointment no longer needs to be in the appointment they could leave and have the other organisers still on there for example if someone left their job and had created all appointments nobody else in the future would be able to amend these appointments as they are all just attendees!

• Maryam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As an administrative assistant I am getting cc'd in emails which need to be created into a meeting. The option in Outlook 'create meeting from email' works great but not useful for a delegate! I would like to switch so my boss is the organizer.

• Lyza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES!!! As an administrative professional, basically every new job I have started has required me to set up new meeting series and try and get all participants to remove the old series from their calendars. This is such a hassle and usually causes a lot of confusion.

Ability to Change Owner on a Calendar invite without creating a total storm of unnecessary cancellations and recreations and pushed notifications/emails.

• Marnie Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To prevent cancelling a meeting invite that needs to remain purely because the owner of that meeting is no longer in attendance.

Share control of scheduling for a single event or recurring event, allowing multiple users to manage the schedule when the originator is not available. Limit this control to a single event or recurring event, preferably editable in the desired event dialog box.

• Michael Starling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to delegate ownership of my meetings to people without having to give them all of my calendar. For example; while I am OOO on vacation I can designate someone on my team to lead certain meetings. They will then have access to updates the times etc while I am away.

• Matty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an idea for a function that exists in email, but not in calendar. I have multiple email accounts in my Outlook. When I send an email message, I can change the From field to choose which account it comes from. But on my calendar, which I view in Overlay Mode so it looks like one calendar, if I accidentally start creating the event in the wrong calendar, then I can't change the From field. I have to click on the other calendar, start a new event, and copy everything over. This is even worse if you use a conferencing tool like Zoom or GoToMeeting because it will only ever set the meeting in your default account, so if you want it in the other account, you have to copy all the fields. It almost makes that integration pointless half of the time when I am using the non-default account.

• Nicole Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When roles change people have to cancel and re-create meetings. It would be nice if meeting organizers could be changed so the ownership of the meeting could be transferred.

This is so needed. We have created a mailbox just for this purpose, but now it's deleting the originating meetings so we are worse off than before.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base