OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Change ownership of calendar event in Outlook 2016

Sometimes the owner of a meeting (or, more often, meeting series) is on vacation or changes jobs; it would be nice if they could assign ownership of an instance (for vacation) or the full series (for job changes) to someone else.

1,451 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Phariss shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

182 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marnie Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To prevent cancelling a meeting invite that needs to remain purely because the owner of that meeting is no longer in attendance.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Share control of scheduling for a single event or recurring event, allowing multiple users to manage the schedule when the originator is not available. Limit this control to a single event or recurring event, preferably editable in the desired event dialog box.

• Michael Starling commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be nice to delegate ownership of my meetings to people without having to give them all of my calendar. For example; while I am OOO on vacation I can designate someone on my team to lead certain meetings. They will then have access to updates the times etc while I am away.

• Matty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an idea for a function that exists in email, but not in calendar. I have multiple email accounts in my Outlook. When I send an email message, I can change the From field to choose which account it comes from. But on my calendar, which I view in Overlay Mode so it looks like one calendar, if I accidentally start creating the event in the wrong calendar, then I can't change the From field. I have to click on the other calendar, start a new event, and copy everything over. This is even worse if you use a conferencing tool like Zoom or GoToMeeting because it will only ever set the meeting in your default account, so if you want it in the other account, you have to copy all the fields. It almost makes that integration pointless half of the time when I am using the non-default account.

• Nicole Williams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When roles change people have to cancel and re-create meetings. It would be nice if meeting organizers could be changed so the ownership of the meeting could be transferred.

This is so needed. We have created a mailbox just for this purpose, but now it's deleting the originating meetings so we are worse off than before.

• Alicia Admin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to delegate/change ownership of meetings is a HUGE BENEFIT to smooth transitions within any organization. People move on and leave companies all the time. PLEASE help us streamline this integrated process with the tools to get this job down seamlessly!

• Bec commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Helpful for recurring meeting bookings and the original organiser leaves the organisation and wants to transfer organizer duties to another staff member. Currently you have to delete the series and start again.

Exchange admin here. Staff leave or change job roles. Would be great to be able to change the organizer without having to delete/recreate under a new organizer. Folks love the historic aspects of prior appointments as well as attachment info and dislike having to delete that history.

• Roberto Fasiani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a meeting organizer should me like a Teams owner, you should be able to assign other owners/admins and all owners should be able to make changes to the meeting

delegera möten till annan

delegate meetings to another

delegera möten till annan individ.

delegate meetings to another individual.

Presently, I am required to cancel a meeting and ask someone else to reschedule it. Important information is lost, the new owner needs to re-enter information, and the meeting room could be booked by someone else in the meantime. Outlook/Calendar should provide a transfer of ownership that preserves the invite list, resources like the meeting room, and all associated data.

• Hickory commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an urgent and important function to have in Outlook at the Enterprise level. Please implement sooner rather than later. I'm about to leave my organisation and as the project manager, I own the majority of meeting bookings for my current cohort (of over 70 people) every day of the week in various series. In addition, many of the people invites have to be created separate from the room invites and some of the room series are broken up just because of when rooms are available. Having this functionality would make the transition smoother and much more efficient and no rooms would be lost.

Thanks!

• JT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook: Transfer owner of a calendar invite. Send out an update once new owner accepts ownership. This would be really helpful when someone is out and trying to host a Skype meeting as well.

• Lauren D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow an option to change meeting administrators during the life of the recurring meeting, so when individuals change positions the meeting schedules don't have to change or be resent.

• P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wenn ich einen Termin anlege, möchte ich anderen Teilnehmern dieselben Bearbeitungsrechte einräumen können, die ich auch als Organisator habe.

If I setup a meeting I want to have the option to give the same rights to participants to edit the meeting that I have as an organizer.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base