OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Change ownership of calendar event in Outlook 2016

Sometimes the owner of a meeting (or, more often, meeting series) is on vacation or changes jobs; it would be nice if they could assign ownership of an instance (for vacation) or the full series (for job changes) to someone else.

325 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mark Phariss shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kellie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are so many forums on the internet with people ranting about this lack of functionality. I really hope that Microsoft resolve this.

• Thanks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the issue of different services using a meeting: sales are scheduling temporary a training at a date and then once contract is signed, the project manager is not able to modify it when the real dates are known (when mandatory people/resources are available).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I 100% agree to this change, I actually came on here to add this as a suggestion myself! I find this a pain and time consuming on occasions to replicate meetings when a change of ownership would make it a simple process.

• D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in charges of dozens of calendars and would LOVE to be able to change the Organizer. It is annoying to have to send out cancellations then send out new meeting/appointment to all attendee just because the Organizer has changed.

• Keith Witwer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've had a need for this feature on several occasions. Not only if the original organizer changes jobs, but as a manager I may want to start a series of meetings, but then delegate ownership to an employee after the process is up and running. Seems like an obvious necessity.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a really useful tool. I would think this is something relatively standard within Outlook as staff leave regularly or move around in different roles.

• Jim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alternately, when the invite creator no longer works there, a way to transfer ownership so the event can be redacted, or assumed by another

• Jennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah. I can copy a meeting to my calendar from one admin's account but this is a big problem. A whole new series of calendar invites are sent out and as the new admin people are confused.

• Hazel Tiffany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree, there should be an option where you have created a calendar entry or meeting invitation and there are others invited, to transfer ownership of that to another person. If it is no longer applicable to you, currently you can only cancel the entry to remove it from your calendar, but that then removes it from everyone else's and in some cases, they still need them. You should be able to cancel it from your calendar, but delegate the meeting/entry to someone else so that it still stays in everyone else's calendar.

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base