OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide a feature or tool to sync and keep synced contacts from Google, Apple etc. in Microsoft Outlook 2016

Provide a feature or tool to sync and keep synced contacts from Google, Apple etc. in Microsoft Outlook 2016 rather than using different methods to import and sync contacts. Provision of single tool that handles the Contacts Management across all the Email Service Providers would be an added benefit. As everyone today uses Google, Apple or Microsoft, or more likely a combination of these service providers, it is very common to have multiple devices and multiple contacts. A techie at office 365 helped me transfer my Google contacts into Outlook 365 but apparently I have to keep updating manually. Please rise up to the big leagues with the needed sync tool! I am operating a small business and I need to be able to use the thousands of contacts that I developed before joining office 365. Thank you.

77 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be great to have a tool to sync sharepoint contact lists to the exchange contact folders.

• Alfredo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be great if we could also have the synching between the Global Address List in Exchange and my local copy in the contacts folder. I understand you may be concerned with overriding manually entered data but, in most cases, the GAL is the correct data.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You are so right! This is very frustrating. I use multiple computers and I know that I have transferred my contacts at some time, but they do not show up and never sync as you observed. I would like to find your techie to help me! Pulling up "share" in Word 365 does no good because my contacts do not show up anywhere.

Outlook 2016 for Windows: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base