OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Add an option to create a new contact from email signature in Outlook 2016

Add an option to create a new contact from email signature.

355 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Itzik shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's brutally time consuming to cut and paste or manually type in info to the contact fields. New projects mean a large number of new contacts to track. Existing contacts change jobs or relocate offices as a frequent occurrence. An accurate contact database is the life blood of a company. Allowing an easy means of field recognition input from electronic cut and paste would be a great productivity enhancement.

BTW, I was a devoted CardScan user prior to its discontinuation and found the copy and scan features an invaluable time saver. Using Outlook Contacts feels almost like going back to a paper rolodex. Would love to see improvements.

It would be really good if i was able to highlight a signature from an email i was forwarded on and just be able to right click and add to contacts, and the information be added to the new contact form (even if it was as best fit). As you can not just add the details with a simple right click, like you can to someone that sent you the email in the first place.

• Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Copy 2 Contact is making money with this idea. There product is good but it's a shame (and embarrassing for Microsoft) that I have to buy this capability from a third party when both 'contacts' and 'email' is already a part of Outlook. C2C also allows you to create an new Outlook Contact from any highlighted text; IE: websites, PDF, etc...

Well I would add one thing, to grab as well the company Logo as it sometimes helps to visualize who is who

• Esther Day commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would certainly streamline the process if I could trigger a contact file from the signature in an email. The less strokes I make the more productive.

I was just logging in to suggest the same thing.....to take an email with the contact information in the signature line and convert to a "Contact" including the email address

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea! I would also propose that it not be limited to just Outlook signatures, but any kind of contact information included in a message.

In business, I regularly receive email with an outlook signature.

To have the ability in Outlook mail to select a signature and parse contact information and create a new contact (or merge updated contact info)

Information such as Name, Title, Company, Phone, Mobile Phone etc. automatically by selecting text and create new contact.

Regards, Ben

Outlook 2016 for Windows: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base