OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Family Calendars cannot be updated from Outlook Desktop

Using Outlook 2016 for Windows, I cannot add or update events to my Outlook.com family calendar.

156 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

AdminDesktop Outlook 2016 UserVoice (Customer Support Agent, Outlook.com) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The Outlook team is working on this update. We will add support for adding and updating events on family calendars as part of an overall improvement to shared calendars in Outlook.

We will post a subsequent status update when the shared calendar improvements are available for you to use in Outlook. Our current ETA is to begin releasing to subscription customers who are using Outlook 2016 this summer (July 2018).

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem. Is anyone for the Outlook team looking at this or are we just being forgotten about?

• Barna Erdei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cannot edit shared calendar in Outlook 2016 on windows 10 and the actual version is 1902. I can edit and modify online in the browser but isn't working in the offline outlook application. I set up also the Default permission to owner privileges but still nothing

• Roman Lowkis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was hopeful seeing Microsoft's response, until I noticed that it was posted a year ago with the ETA of 8 months ago. C'mon guys - this is not a rocket science. Is anyone even working on that?

• rwarmitage@live.co.uk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft - is there any update on this - I have an Office 365 Subscription and am still unable to use "Family Calendar" as I can't add events from my Desktop Outlook - I don't want to have to log into Outlook.com every time I need to work on the Family Calendar. The Outlook App on my iPhone allows me to add an event so why does the PC Outlook not allow this from a Desktop? Is there new timing for a fix?

• Michael Timbs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Before finding these posts I contacted MS help about the issue. Had a guy logged into my system for an hour, then passed to a level 2 support agent. He then did everything from re-installing office plus about an hour and a half of fiddling. In the end he found out it's just not possible. Even their level 2 support team don't know this doesn't work!

• Disappointed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yet another person that runs into this roadblock, a whole load of half working **** is worth NOTHING!!!!! Same frustration with Microsoft's inability to support its own MFA for Outlook.com accounts in Outlook 2019, and don't get me started on Teams calling.

• giovanni.bouden@outlook.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook in Office 365 has the same problem. Why does it take so much time to resolve this issue. Even making a new calendar and sharing it with someone comes up with the same issue.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is it still not working? Also in Outlook 2019 it dosen't work. I think that realy isn't ok.

• Timur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The time it takes to get an update shows how low the priority on this is quoted by the outlook team.
    I will try out Google calendar as my friends are reporting it is working very easy and reliable.

• Andrew Macaulay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still not working! Come on, we either need for this option to be fully supported or to have the ability to disable the automatically created shared calendar and use the standard sharing available in outlook.com

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is November 3rd and this feature does not work. When is it coming?

• Jarno Naukkarinen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm eagerly waiting for this. It is really annoying that I cannot add/edit family calender on my PC while it can be done with my iPhone. How can it be that iPhone works better with family calendar than MS product?

← Previous 1

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base