OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide an option to "send to added and deleted attendees only" when adding people to existing calendar event in Outlook 2016

Previously when you added people to an existing event before the event update was sent out it would ask if you wanted to send it only to the people added or deleted from the event and that feature is now gone in Outlook 2016

93 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Darren Murray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely need to reintroduce this feature as countless spammed event updates are being sent/received unnecessarily by recipients and causing an abundance of confusion and irritation. Please address this and provide at least an option to users to enable or disable this feature in the menu!

• Samuel Leslie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hugely problematic for the executive assistants at our firm who want to avoid unnecessary emails being sent to the already busy inboxes of clients. I note the following support article as well which indicates it was at some point broken and fixed, but can confirm the "fixed" behaviour is not present in the latest Office releases (tested on Version 1904 Build 11601.20204).

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/outlook-unexpectedly-stops-prompting-and-automatically-sends-meeting-updates-to-all-attendees-18506249-a20a-40c1-941d-95d9206b93ec

• Ralph Nitsch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

5/6 comment: Provide an option to "send to added and deleted attendees only" when adding people to existing calendar event. Very important to have.... Fix this as soon as you can please.

Agree, painful to spam recipients over and over every time someone needs to be added. Why remove functionality that is so core to meeting scheduling workflow? Really need this corrected.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Provide an option to "send to added and deleted attendees only" when adding people to existing calendar event. Very important to have.... Fix this as soon as you can please.

• Angie Sola commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

it's ridiculous that this feature is gone. now i have to send to every person AGAIN every time i add a new attendee. PLEASE FIX THIS!

When I add/delete people from an invite, a prompt allows me to send the update only to those added/deleted. But if I have deleted someone, everyone is updated regardless of checking this box. When I only delete people, the prompt is not provided.

• Bradley King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something of a headache for some of our customers.
    Particularly as the staff that organise meetings have the ear of their bosses.
    Whilst this may be fixed in Office 365 installs, we have found that it is currently occurring in Outlook non Office 365 installs with all the latest updates installed.

The meeting update notices with "No Response Required" that don't change anything with the date/time of the meeting need to not be routed into user's inboxes!

Agree, this is a design fail. Users get their inbox spammed with unnecessary informational updates to meetings that cause confusion. The only option in the meeting is a button that says "No Action Required". If there's no action required, give us an option not to see those messages.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree this is vital option. And further, please make it more obvious that the user will have the option to "send update only to added/removed attendees". In previous versions of Outlook, I was only presented the option after clicking the 'Send Update' button, which always caused me anxiety from worrying that the update would go to all attendees forcing them to 're-accept' or 're-decline' the invite. Put the option in a 'Send Update' button dropdown, similar to the 'Cancel' button on a recurring meeting allows you to select to cancel the Occurrence or the Series from a dropdown.

No need to send meeting makers to everyone when adding or deleting an attendee!

• Jane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bring back the "send update only to added/removed' option! It is vital!

Feedback and Knowledge Base