OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Reply all with attachments included in Outlook 2016

In Microsoft Outlook 2016, when reply all to the email with attachments, the attachments are not available and we have to attach them manually. An option to reply all to the email with all the attachments included would be more productive in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as that option is not available as of now.

2,253 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rose Despe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

532 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often will reply to all and add a few more people. If there was an attachment in the original message, there is no easy way to include that attachment so the new people will also have it. Please add the option to include all attachments in Reply to All and Reply.

• Loyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add the option to reply with original attachment or option to "always" reply with attachment (both). Yes leave it up to us.

• AJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

MS should add the reply with attachment option to outlook. If I add a new recipient to my reply mail and that goes without attachment, does it make any sense. Saw a statement that "attachments aren't included because you'd be sending the exact same attachment back to the person who sent it to you" Leave it to us, we will decide. or bring "Forward to all option : )"

• jpinerety commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Honestly, the latest Outlook/Office versions are a step backward in time. I feel like i am working with windows 3.1 where I had to create everything I needed from scratch or had to use command line arguments to perform a task. Why is Microsoft removing functionality with each new release (eg. search engines require command line type search criteria, simple email functionality like "forward with attachments" require macro coding or 3rd party add-in, etc). These products are being developed by some programming nerd who doesnt work in a job that uses the products he/she produces, and so doesnt give a rip about the quality or usability. This is the same generation who has replaced polite responses such as "please wait ..." with a snarky "hang on ...".

The fact that your attachment is not included if you reply is the worse non-feature in Outlook. What if you are adding a person to your reply but also want to keep the original people, you lose the attachment. I have lost so many attachments because of this at my place of employment. I have to constantly ask the person to resend me the attachment. If I was not forced to have Outlook because of where I work, I would never choose it for my email program.

• Calvin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What is the original idea without option to have attachment in the loop? I think at least the system should give the option.

there are times when I want to send the same attachment back, at least give me the option - I do not need you to be my email police

• Sarah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jeez sometimes I want to loop in an additional person and keep the other addressees the same. Its not fair to that new person that they aren't actually getting looped in at all because they don't have all the information that the others see. IT is stupid to not at least have the option. Not that I think you care about my opinion but why not have the option?

• Jon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I get it. We shouldn't clog email servers with multiple copies of the same file in everyone's individual mailboxes, we should LINK to files stored in central repositories. That saves precious storage, ensures we're all looking at the current version of a file, improves performance, etc., etc. But this idea of using shared repositories hasn't met business needs and realities in all cases, and is not the hammer to fix this issue.

Handicapping Outlook to not allow reply with attachments is the way to anger and frustrate users, not encourage good email behavior. There are times when replying with the attachment is needed. Specifically, an exchange received from an outside sender, with multiple people, and which you need to add additional people to, and make sure everyone has the materials sent. The "solution" of attaching the original message as an attachment to a reply is clunky at best. Most of the time I don't want to reply with attachments, but when I need it, Outlook fails to deliver and makes everything harder.

Just converted from Lotus Notes to Outlook, and I'm stunned to see this isn't an option. When replying, you sometimes include a different version for comparison, but leave the original on there. Forwarding and adding all the same names back in is a time waster!

• Kevin Tate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is crazy stupid. We just switched from IBM Notes to Outlook and that is a standard feature. Kind of shocked. It's a basic function when conducting business. Especially if there is something wrong in the attachment. It prevents a whole host of other steps.

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow for "replying all" but attach the associated mail trail to the meeting invite. Allow attendees to attach documents to a meeting invite so that all users can collaborate on the attachments and contribute to the meeting agenda or suggest emails/issues to review.

• Kikolo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be apropos if I have the ability to include the attachment being discussed with my reply.

• ian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to set an option controlling whether attachments are included on: Reply; Reply to All; and Forward would be extremely beneficial.

Agree; especially if my reply has to do with questions on the original attachment, it would be nice to have it included in the reply.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base