OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Forward\Reply\Reply All with attachments included in Microsoft Outlook 2016

In Microsoft Outlook 2016, when we forward\reply\reply all to the email with attachments, the attachments are not available and we have to attach them manually. An option to reply all to the email with all the attachments included would be more productive in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as that option is not available as of now.

2,814 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rose Despe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

671 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • sswainger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a huge help when sending reminders to update/review/complete a document attached to the original message.

• Grahame Gilliam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The comments in the help file display a linear view, but the reality is a more spiralling situation with the discussion moving around adding in and out recipients views and comments - it is important to be able to keep salient attachments in view and not lost in the email chain

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many times I need the attachment sent back in my reply. If there was a problem within the documents attached. The recipient needs the document back to correct or view what my email states is incorrect with the attachment.

• Muhammad Owais commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes we need to add someone in the loop of an email while keeping all others included. A reply all with attachments option will do or instead a forward option with complete loop can also work.

how many more people have to comment supporting this before someone does something?

• Pam Schaefer-Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When using reply or reply all we need to be able to keep the attachements on the original email in many cases-very frustrating to have to Forward and then add all the same people back on again, please add this option to the program:-)

• Jessica A Boyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would absolutely be useful for me. Even to have the attachments to show in the conversation view!

This feature is necessary. On almost a daily basis I get questions from users needing to Reply All with an attachment while including new recipients to the email. This would be a much faster process than forwarding and having to relist all recipients.

• Mary L. Floyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not being able to "Reply with Attachment" goes to show who ever wrote the program does not communicate with others about documents. This feature is very important when discussing documents among several people. This feature should be activated immediately.

I need to reply with the same attachment more often than not. This seems like a simple item. If you need to refer to the attachment on the reply (when we get tons of emails) it is difficult to locate the original attachment. An option to reply with attachment would make much more sense then some crazy work around to forward and enter the senders address.

• Ken Sams commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Please reinstate this feature. It would be easy to make it an optional setting. C'mon!

• Shaun H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sometimes replies are sent to companies or organisations, who have enormous amounts of email data to retrieve the original copy. The ability to reply with attachment(s) allows reference to be made to specific items in the attachment for immediate review by the respondent.

• A T Naidu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While sending reply or reply to all, the original attachment is not available and every time the attachment is manually added. Automatic addition feature helps in reducing efforts. Also, the recipients need not look for old mail for the attachment. Microsoft should consider this and resolve quickly.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34

Feedback and Knowledge Base