OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Reply all with attachments included in Outlook 2016

In Microsoft Outlook 2016, when reply all to the email with attachments, the attachments are not available and we have to attach them manually. An option to reply all to the email with all the attachments included would be more productive in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as that option is not available as of now.

1,847 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rose Despe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

425 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the attachment to the Reply and Reply all function. More efficient. It does seem odd to me that it isn't an option.

If we would incorporate this feature i.e. reply with attachment is very useful and effective in many cases. If user not required attachment he have option to remove it.

There are times when the reply with the original attachment is necessary and therefore we should have this option. Please make this available for the users.

• Devang Patel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Automatic inclusion of an attachment while replying (if original email has an attachment) is a great help because recipients do not have to search for the older email and attachments. Understood that it might take more space but I think it is still very useful tool

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

08/FEB/2019 I agree, please add to one of the software upgrades

• Ionut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having this feature dramatically reduces efficiency for users that are managing parallel email conversations on various topics.

Even if the "official" explanation is that you would resend exactly the same attachment ... that's not a a bad thing. Now, when I receive an answer after one week, I need to start digging in in my send folder to find what I have originally sent.

As a new Outlook user I am really surprized this is a topic to vote for and not an already build in function.

The most effective will be to have 2 options - Reply and reply with Attachments.

I work in customer service at a printing company and quotes/
        orders including the attachments come in to other co-workers. They want to reply and let the customer know that we received the email, but also want to now include me so I can get an estimate going. This option would save me a lot of follow up time asking for the attachments.

would be really useful and more productive to have the option to include original attachement in a reply when you need to include recipient who were forgotten in the loop
        thanks

• Loren G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is available on the Outlook app and it is ridiculous its not on the desktop version!

I vote to have attachment feature when replying or have a drop down with the option

I know that some of the requests made are quite complicated and/or probably take a lot of time to implement ...but this one is a no-brainer. Does anyone at MS actually use Outlook themselves? How can this be missing?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 21 22

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base