OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Reply all with attachments included in Outlook 2016

In Microsoft Outlook 2016, when reply all to the email with attachments, the attachments are not available and we have to attach them manually. An option to reply all to the email with all the attachments included would be more productive in Microsoft Outlook 2016 as that option is not available as of now.

1,545 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rose Despe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

358 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely useful and time saving. Particularly when multiple people are in copy and you are discussing the attachments - which would get lost by Reply to All.

Add the option to do this please.

Even Lotus Notes had this option! I can't believe Outlook doesn't. It allows you to include the attachment in a reply in case there are new recipients who were not on the original email with the attachment. You can't assume everyone in the reply already has the attachment.

• Chrissie Pateman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quite often I get replies from my customers regarding the attachment I have sent them but 99% of the time they haven't included this in their reply so I have to look through my sent emails to find out what attachment I sent them. Really frustrating and a waste of time. Please Outlook, change this as soon as possible to make everyone's life a lot easier!!

• alejandro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would definitely welcome this feature. Often I need to reply with the original attachments included, when I want to confirm to the sender that the attached files are correct, to avoid any misunderstandings

• Heather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I liked when I could share and receive attachments and not have to save them. Now, I constantly find myself searching aimlessly for original emails that included an attachment I may need one day but not wanting to "Save" the particular document.

"Reply all" should have an option to have attachment included or excluded. This will help those who needs to add more people to the loop while responding.

I would definitely welcome this feature. Often I need to reply with the original attachments included, when I want to confirm to the sender that the attached files are correct, to avoid any misunderstandings

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Mail

Feedback and Knowledge Base