OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide an option of delete in the pop up window when an email is received in outlook 2016

Why did you remove the delete option in the pop up window when an email is received?

155 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Echoing many of the comments here: Please bring back the ability to delete a message from the notification pop-up, and please give the option to shrink the existing notification or employ the old one, The new Win10 notifications are extremely disruptive. Thank you.

• Jerry S. Ghanooni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more issue let me add. Not only was the delete taken away. But, we used to be able to click on the alert to get rid of it. Now, the darn thing hangs there for several seconds and you just can't get rid of it. Why the changes? Please bring back the older format. The delete and the dismiss were such good and useful features.

• Jerry S. Ghanooni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a real time saver to have the ability to delete emails from the alert. I am in the systems area and get lots of emails to tell me that things are fine. With O2016, I now have to go through the emails. Why was this removed? Was there some grand idea in someone's head or was it just the new program and no way to code it in time?

• Della Macklin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the delete option on the new email pop-up--it is SOOO very useful, convenient, and a time saver. Also, options to use the old style popup display would be lovely. I find the new one a bit brash and disruptive. Also, the alert sound on the old style was much less disruptive. Thank you for your consideration of this.

• caroline commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

bring back the delete the email in notification on new emails that pop up in corner.

• nicht öffentlich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am super annoyed that this feature has been removed. It was extremely useful to get rid of unwanted distractions right away without having to deal with them again when eventually switching to the Outlook main window.

• Amy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really liked the desktop alert when using Windows 7: it was small and had the option to delete the message right away. I've upgraded to Windows 10 and the alert message is huge! Plus there is no way to delete a message without going back to Outlook. I use two monitors but don't always have my mail on top or might be working out of another folder. Having a delete option in the alert message was very helpful for spam or other emails I didn't need.

• anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please bring back the option to delete/flag/mark as read an email from the desktop notification pop up. Also the ability to close the notification so you don't have to wait for it to disappear. This was a great feature in the previous version. I don't understand why they got rid of it.

Bring back the ability to delete an incoming email from the desktop alert that displays!

• susanb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i loved this feature!! it really helped me keep my inbox clean without having to switch back and forth between programs constantly.

• tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this was a brilliant feature - please bring back - only need the delete flag not required!

Seems ridiculous that they would remove a feature that made it so convenient to delete an email without having to open up the entire email. This is a major inconvenience given the # of emails I receive on a daily basis, many of which I delete. I would have liked to have been in the Microsoft technical committee's meeting when they all decided to make Outlook 2016 less user-friendly so I could understand the reasoning of removing this feature. Why go backwards??!!

You should be able to delete or mark an email as read straight from the notification window, just as you can with Window's Mail program.

• MPRADO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

THIS!!!! I am SO aggravated and annoyed that they removed this feature. It makes absolutely NO SENSE to get rid of it. Even if some users didn't care about this feature, there are plenty of those who not only use this feature OFTEN but NEED it available. It is a major inconvenience not having that there anymore. Why remove it?? What were they thinking?!!

• Brad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am BEGGING you to add this back. Seems like a very simple fix

This worked well in W7, but not anymore in Windows10. Really frustrating, especially that the popup tile IS SO HUGE, COVERING SERIUOS PART OF THE SCREEN, ALSO ENSURING THAT ALL IN THE SKYPE CALL CAN WELL READ THE CONTENT, WHEN SHARING SCREEN :-((((((((((((( We really need to be able to minimize it, or adjust transparency, as well hide content of popup mail window while sharing screen! We cannot keep confidentiality, especially as we work w competing vendors, sharing screens, etc...

• Will commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is one of the most frustrating things that MS has taken away from their users. Removing useful capabilities when upgrading software doesn't typically sit well with customers....

• Miguel Rincón commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Debido a la gran cantidad de mail publicitarios que se reciben o correos basura, sería muy interesante poder eliminarlos directamente desde el pop-up que aparece sobre la barra de tareas al recibirlos.

Actualmente solo aparece una flecha con la opción de quitar el pop-up.

Y rizando el rizo, que apareciera la ruedecita de configuración en el pop-up para que cada usuario decidiera que hacer al recibir loa mails.

Feedback and Knowledge Base