OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Increase the number of color options in the Outlook Calendar palette from 9 to 16-25, increase contrast, and allow user editing of colors.

I find that I cannot change the color of agenda items or calendar items for my email accounts in Microsoft Outlook. I use various Android apps on my tablet and phone, that allow me to show Agenda items and Calendar items. If I use gmail, I can easily select a color, whereas with Outlook accounts I cannot change the color to suit my preferences. Also provide an option or feature to set different events with different colors in Calendar as well as in Categories in Microsoft Outlook 2016.

1,083 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

92 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Helena Jerney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! The existing colors are dismal and do not provide enough variety or contrast. Please make the color spectrum you have available on the other apps.

• Paul Juniper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request has been ongoing since the current version was introduced. Excel, etc have a choice from full spectrum range. How hard can it be? Do Microsoft actually take notice of these requests for improvements?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with all the others. Ability to visually organize is severely limited. More colors, more options to see clumps of tasks, urgent items, workloads, etc.

• Michael Mattos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Segmentar agendamentos por cor no calendário

target color schedules in calendar

Segmentar os agendamentos no calendário por cor, facilitando na visualização

Segment calendar schedules by color, making it easy to preview

• Mitch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so important! I need to be able to assigne specific colors for my own custom categories. Otherwise, the calendar is not structured and it is hard to get an overview. Also, more colors than 9, please. I mean, really, why would you restrict anyone to use only 9 colors in the first place?

PLEASE give users the ability to choose bold or muted colours according to their preference. It's actually a big deal.

Enable the option to add user created colours in Outlook 365 Calendar Categories

• Kraig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am colorblind. The latest update changed the colors used to show busy and/or out of office when looking at someone else's calendar. The two colors are now so similar to me I am unable to easily distinguish the difference. I would like to be able to chose these and all items in Outlook that are color coded.

• Sharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to add more colors and to edit the existing colors. The existing colors are too dark, and with my eyesight, I have a hard time reading the type through them.

• Rebecca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When selecting Categorize colors can the drop down stay open until you click out? I like to add a few colors and I have to click on the Categorize drop down for each color.

• Peter Faber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful if the user could select the colors from a color palette (RGB) himself and not be limited to a certain number of colors.

I depend on being able to categorize Caledar appointments by color. Please return this feature !!.

• Leszek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wyróżnianie kolorem zdarzenia w kalendarzu

Highlighting the event in the calendar with color.

• Steven B. Kray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find that I cannot change the color of agenda items or calendar items for my email accounts. I use various Android apps on my tablet and phone, that allow me to show Agenda items and Calendar items. If I use gmail, I can easily select a color, whereas with Outlook accounts I cannot change the color to suit my preferences.

• Bianca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just installed the new Outlook update and unfortunately had to realize that there is still no option for bold colors in the calendar. It can not be that difficult to apply the colors of the categories to the calendar colors. I am disappointed with the problem that has existed for years that many users have complained about.

Please update the calendar color options and UI to match the online version. The calendar coloring is from the 1980's :(

• Mike Brenner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a wider range of colors to assign to calendars. As a color blind person, this is extremely important in order to quickly and easily identify the different calendars that I need to coordinate while scheduling business activities.

Bonus points to allowing you to use an Office Theme (*.thmx) and for supporting full RGB color spectrum.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base