OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Increase the number of color options in the Outlook Calendar palette from 9 to 16-25, increase contrast, and allow user editing of colors.

800 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

68 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Use color to define areas of screen view, and add more color options for calendars.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Due to the recent update it now means an IMAP account doesn't support calendar colours. It did until a week ago! Please change this so I can use colours again for my appointments, I am really struggling without them.

• Luke Gravett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Due to the recent update it now means an IMAP account doesn't support calendar colours. It did until a week ago! Please change this so I can use colours again for my appointments, I am really struggling without them.

• Ruby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The color category buttons disappeared from my list !!! How can I return it. Can't find any solution

• Josh Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Calendar color not only should be increased but also work: due to some bug, new appointments on Outlook don't allow me to select a category/color anymore. I guess interns are taking care of Outlook consumer products now... What a disgrace...

Support RGB definitions for the color palette used by Categories. Support using color palettes defined by Office Themes (*.thmx).

• Mike Brenner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please provide a wider range of color options for different Outlook calendars. Many colorblind users, like me, cannot tell the differences in the color palette provided. Why not allow users to assign any color to a calendar? This would help in the creation of calendars that are easy to distinguish from one another.

Any help you can give us colorblind users in this area would be most greatly appreciated. Thanks!

More contrast in one's colors is a huge deal for some people. The fact that this has been a fixed/static 9 colors for so long is ridiculous. It's the 21st century! Give me my colors!

• Jared Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our organization just moved calendars from Google to Outlook, and this is the number one complaint I'm getting from my users about the new calendar experience, especially our travel admin and project managers, who routinely need to view calendars for 10-20 traveling team members at a time. Google's custom color support made this really easy. It sounds simple, but it's making it very difficult to get user buy-in on the move.

• Brandon M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simplified Update/Change more calendar colors and background text color

In the new Preview of Outlook 2016 additions, the calendar Coloring mixed with the current text color of white, makes it impossible to read. This needs to be changed.

• Lisa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allow customization or addition of new colors for categorization. The selection of colors available are not visually appealing and are quite harsh.

• Elizabeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My firm would definitely benefit from a larger color selection for shared calendars. Currently, too many of the color options aren't distinct (the pink and the orange-pink, for example, look very similar) and make it difficult to, at a glance, tell whose schedule is whose. Having an option to customize colors instead of selecting from a preselected set would nix this problem, too.

We have 6 people at our office, all of whom share calendars with one another. We need to have a separate color assigned to each person's individual calendar in order to avoid confusion. It is imperative to have more color choices that are separate and distinct from one another. The current options are limiting, especially how close in color some are to others.

• KENDRA SHAYNA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs to just support custom colors so we can set a color that represents the calendar, not just some arbitrary random color.

NOT EVERYONE IS THE SAME.

• Josh Huggins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs to just support custom colors so we can set a color that represents the calendar, not just some arbitrary random color.

← Previous 1 3 4

Outlook 2016 for Windows: Calendar

Feedback and Knowledge Base