OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Provide a feature or option to assign colors to Calendars in Microsoft Outlook 2016

This is not for the "categories" for color-coding each entry... those haven't really changed, and although I would love more color options, it works. BUT, I'm really sad that the new "Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016" Outlook calendar color options have been severely reduced and honestly folks, these colors are sad. Get rid of pink. Forever. Or make it the 30th choice. So hard to look at. We need more than 9 options... I regularly have far more than 9 calendars open and need to be able to quickly differentiate. It is nice that you can now dedicate a specific color to a specific calendar - that works, so please don't change it. :)

Also, color categories on calendar items need to be available cross platform. That is to say if I have my calendar items color coded, those items should also show up in color on calendars that have been published to the web. They should also show up in color in Outlook on the Android, iPhone and any other platforms.

283 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

51 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marion BLANCHET commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Après avoir réalisé un calendrier dans Outlook et l'avoir partagé avec des collègues, ces derniers ont les autorisations propriétaires et sont donc en mesure de voir tout ce que j'ai écris, mais pas les couleurs (catégorie) que j'ai associé.
    Ce serait super d'avoir une option ou une case à cocher pour permettre la visibilité des couleurs de catégories des calendriers partagés ou qu'en fonction du niveau d'autorisation choisi, les personnes puissent automatiquement voir les catégories de couleurs associés.
    Merci !

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Enhance/sharpen colors the meeting block color when looking for availability on someone’s calendar. They have been blurred out so difficult to see when someone is in a 30-minute or 60-minute meeting. Looks like the icons for required and optional are also now blurred/smoothed.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pastel colours are too light to be recognised.
    Can hardly differentiate "light purple whole day" appointments from 'white'

Please return to the option to color code appointments as you make them. It helps tremendously at tax time to separate types / purposes for deductions

• Stacey Wadsworth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have more colors options for the Categories in the Outlook Calendar. I am running out of colors. It would be great to have more than the few options (with a few rather ugly colors) available right now.

• Debbie Ulbrich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to color code the list of shared calendars I have access to on the left-hand navigation. we have 65 staff, dozens of training room reservation calendars, and about 20 car reservation calendars our office uses on a daily basis.
    Thanks for listening!

• JTP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The current day highlight is a a thin line of color at the top of the day cell, is not prominent enough and is difficult to see on a month view.

• Han Huynh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suggest to improve outlook calendar! May be add some more color coding. On day viewing, the day number on top left corner needs to be bigger and to be filled with 1 color that look different than the rest.
    Also, it needs to be fit its contents.

• Mark Rummings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please can more calendar colours be made available. There are only 9 in the current Outlook 365 (as of November 2018). They are all pastel colours. Also the today indicator, currently a thin line of colour at the top of the current day, is not prominent enough and is difficult to see on a month view.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add more colours to the Calander or give us to chance to add more

Provide the option to color code calendar entry text versus only by category. Allow the printing of calendar to reflect colored text if selected in print setting.

• dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like such a simple and easy fix. The current limited colors don't stand out, color options are terrible, many look the same. why is this so hard for MSFT to figure out? Having bold colors and lots of options makes calendaring much easier.

The new ooo calendar blocking color is too light. It isn't bold enough to stand out.

As mentioned before, the Colors are too dark and there are not enough of them. I use them to differentiate between different Projects I'm working on and Need a wider choice of coulours.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base