OutlookUservoice_icon_outlook Outlook Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve your Desktop Outlook 2016 experience?

Full Outlook Contact Access From Email

I want to be able to access a full contact record in Outlook from an open Outlook email like you could before Outlook 2013. Ideally I could click on a persons name in an email and a full contact record would open. Instead, starting in Outlook 2013 and in Office 365, a small contact card without full contact management features opens. Some may want it to work the new way, but some may want it to work the old way so there should be a setting on what happens when you click on an email address on the to: or cc: line of an email you have open.

445 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Duke Bond shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Marian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also one of my many complaints about wondows10. I can't add a contact if it's there I can't find it. I can understand we need updates, but not change everything that are only able to easily done by experts

• Ed Walsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I certainly would like to scan the total contact list. There must be a way. Can anybody explain how to restore this function in 2016?

• Michael McCool commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is already a registry setting to enable this, but I agree that there should be an option or button to enable viewing the full contact without needing to edit the registry to enable it.

Just do a google search for "turnonlegacygaldialog outlook".

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. If you want to update contact details, you now have too many clicks. When you enter a person's name in the People bar, you should have the option of opening the full contact card at that point. This is probably the most frustrating thing about Outlook.

2 Next →

Outlook 2016 for Windows: People

Feedback and Knowledge Base